Once it had all been set up, she realized that it's two days before Christmas and she had to finish her laundry list of people to shop for. I refuse to work on the gift anymore than I had, wanting it to be all emotions bared. I already did all my Christmas shopping by the time Black Friday had ended, proud of myself for having it done so early compared to every year before this. I only have to get her red, white and yellow roses to finish my gift for Kerri. 

 

Oshannie flies in tomorrow and is going to help me pick out the roses, upon her insistence, and is willing to help me finish setting it up on the green bedding set I'd bought last month once I helped her set something up for Justin. He's going to be staying at Kerri's all of Christmas Eve because we're having Christmas at his house with his family and mine, but that was on our moms' demands. When Lynn and my mom team up on the four of us, we have absolutely no say in the matter. Tyler and Heather were coming anyway for the holiday, so they lucked out on the mom double team guilt trip.  

 

"Joshua?" 

 

"Kerri." 

 

"What are you getting me this year?" 

 

I slowly move my head to allow my eyes to fall to hers as we watch Nightmare Before Christmas for zillionth time this month. "Nope." 

 

"Nope what?" 

 

"I'm not telling you because it's going to ruin it." 

 

My phone screams the nickname Baby Chasez gave me and I pick up. "Hey, Oshannie." 

 

"I am in LA. Where am I going?" 

 

"Justin's sister, Kerri's place." 

 

"Uhhh, Sunset?" 

 

"No, the road behind it." 

 

"The back road, that's right. Forgot." 

 

I chuckle. "You would. How long?" 

 

"Twenty to half." 

 

"Works." 

 

"Date?" 

 

"You're a day ahead." 

 

"It's the night before Christmas Eve?" she groans. 

 

"Yes, Oshannie." 

 

"Whatever. The traffic was horrendous! I need to be away from Florida for a week." 

 

"What happened?" 

 

"Tell you when I get there and then we have a few things to do tomorrow." 

 

"I know. See you soon." 

 

She grunts and hangs up. "Jazzy's coming?" 

 

"Yeah, she should be here shortly." 

 

"How soon?" 

 

"Within half an hour." 

 

Kerri jumps off the couch faster than I can react, darting around as she begins muttering to herself. I turn to kneel on the couch, resting my head on my forearms and watch her in amazement. "Do you know her favorite color?" 

 

"Kerr, she doesn't care if you cater to her; she would actually you not and just treat her like you do everyone else around you." 

 

"What in the holy hell is her favorite color?" 

 

There's a knock at the door, prompting me to get up and answer it because I know who it is. I immediately receive bear hugs and a smack to the forehead. "You must be Kerri, the amazing person who makes my oldest brother happy everyday by putting up with his shit. Don't worry about my favorite color, just put a set of sheets on my bed and I'll make it later. I'm just like you; I'm human and I just want to spend time with you and my friends and family. Don't worry about appeasing me. Please, don't worry." Oshannie guides Kerri to the couch as she tugs on my shirt to make us sit together again. "Oshai, sheets?" 

 

"Linen closet at the left of the top of the stairs from the basement, diagonally across from the bathroom." 

 

"Thanks, Oshai." She begins to walk off, realizing what movie we had been watching. "No way! NBC?" 

 

"Yeah. Make the guest room bed and we'll restart it." 

 

She squeaks, zipping off to make her bed in the only guest room Kerri has. "I'm lost," my girlfriend confesses. 

 

"If you could see her memorabilia room, you'd understand." 

 

Justin walks in, sans knocking, and does a double take at the car parked beside mine near the door.

 

"Is that car the one I think who I'm thinking of?" 

 

I laugh. "Éist suas!" Oshannie orders me. 

 

"Tá do bhuachaill an- mearbhall ag iarraidh má tá an carr a cheapann sé a chiallaíonn go bhfuil tú mise anseo," I explain. 

 

I hear her come bolting from the guest room, tilting my head back to view this scene. She runs full speed at Justin and jumps as he realizes it's her, catching her at the last second. Her mouth crashes into his and they mutter between themselves. "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Kerri shouts, waving her hands around. "You mean to tell me that my brother's long distance girlfriend is your sister?" 

 

Justin sighs. "You're special, Kerri. Yes, his sister and my girlfriend are the same woman."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story