Author's Chapter Notes:
Sophie deals with her parents being in town from North Carolina and a visitor from the past.

As Sophie looked at her Mama reading a bedtime story to Lucy and Lily, she felt emptiness in her heart, Josh always sang to the girls before bed, even if he had a rough day from chemotherapy, she remembered when Josh sat in the recliner in between the girls' old cribs and had Lucy and Lily on each knee and was singing softly to them, she felt sad because Josh had a rough morning that day, his hair fell out in a chunk and he coughed up a little bit of blood, but he told her he was determined to sing to his little girls every night because he didn't know how long he was going to be around to see them grow up.


Sophie quietly walked in her bedroom and climbed in bed and looked at Josh's bedside table, he had a picture of them on their wedding day, he looked so handsome in his tuxedo with a dark blue tie to match his eyes, his hair was speckled with gray but to Sophie he looked like Prince Charming, as Sophie heard her Mama say goodnight to the girls and knock on the master bedroom's door, she told her Mother to come in, as Caroline came in and saw her daughter looking at a picture of her wedding day.



Caroline told her daughter goodnight and went down the hallway to one of the guestrooms where her husband, Jackson was already sleeping, Sophie turned off the bedside table light and closed her eyes and went to sleep, as she slept she dreamed of Josh and his illness, how they sat in silence when the doctor diagnosed him with non-smokers lung cancer, how Josh went through chemotherapy, how the cancer riddled his body, how he laid in a hospital bed in their living room, how much pain he was in, how she woke up that morning and looked over at Josh's side of the bed and he was gone, how she felt her world collapse and had to be a single Mother to twin girls.



As Sophie was woken up by the smell of coffee brewing and bacon frying, she didn't feel hungry but her parents wouldn't have it, Sophie was the youngest of the eight Davis siblings, she was the eye of Jackson and Caroline Davis and their baby girl, as she grabbed Josh's robe and tied it around her waist, the robe smelled like Josh and his shampoo and cologne, she wouldn't dare wash it because the smell was invigorating to Sophie.




She went downstairs to find her girls at the table eating breakfast as she sat down, her Mother handed her a plate of bacon and eggs and a cup of coffee, Sophie took one bite and the doorbell rang, Lucy and Lily hopped down their chairs and went to the door as Sophie followed and opened the door to reveal her best friend, Joey Fatone she hugged him as the girls squealed and Joey lifted his goddaughters into his arms and they went to the kitchen, Joey knew Sophie was still mourning over JC, he placed Lily and Lucy in their chairs and asked Sophie to go on a walk with him, she accepted and went upstairs and changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt that belonged to Josh, she placed her hair in a messy ponytail.



Joey drove Sophie to a beach and they walked along the water, Joey listened to his best friend pour her heart out and how she felt angry and devastated, and she rather have Josh leave her for an another woman rather than be dead, he hugged her as she sobbed uncontrollably.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you guys enjoy the chapter


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tearjerker