Author's Chapter Notes:
This one's kinda short but I wanted to post a little lol. Thanks again for reading and leaving such awesome reviews! I hope you like it!


I was ready for the meet n greet for once, I’m never ready on time, I’m always late. But think about it, they don’t care. They don’t care if I’m an hour late as long as I’m there. That’s all they care about the fact that I’m there so they can yell and scream and cry and tell me how they’re my biggest fan, sometimes they’ll faint. We haven’t had a fainter in awhile, but they do exist… we’ve had a couple. Anyway, the one day that I’m ready they decide that I’m not going to do the meet n greet for another hour. So basically that means that I had to do sound check an hour early for nothing, I had to wake up an hour early for nothing, and now I have an hour to sit on my ass and do nothing.

I always want time off, even if it’s ten minutes because when I’m on tour I don’t get any time off… ever. But now I have a damn hour, which is not long enough to do anything. Maybe I’ll just go back to the hotel and skip this whole meet n greet thing. Is it bad that it's the biggest thing I hate about touring? I used to be excited to do them, to meet everyone but times have changed, they’re all the same, it’s like I’m Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

I walked down to the catering area; I’ll get some food I guess. I saw Madison leaning against the wall laughing, and I stopped. She saw me and made a face and I walked out there and saw what I’m guessing is her family. “Hey Madison” I said as I went out, “And this must be the family”

“Yeah” she smiled, “This is Justin, who without him there would be no tour” she laughed a little, “And this is my family” she paused… her family. That’s all I get? I gave her a look and she saw it and took a deep breath, “My mother, my father, my brother Matthew, his wife Veronica, my sister Mallory, her fiancé Drew, my cousin Melanie and my adorable little niece Megan” Damn, they have a thing with M names.

“You got all that, there will be a test later” her father said as he put his hand out and I shook it, “I’m Mark” of course he’s Mark, and his brother is Michael and his sister is Michaela… damn people there’s 25 other letters in the alphabet.

“Nice to meet you sir” I smiled, “It’s great having Madison on the tour”

“Oh yeah, well thanks for taking her on. We were getting to the point if she didn’t get anything she’d be stuck teaching a couple dance lessons a week and walking dogs for the rest of her life” her mother said, kind of in a bitchy tone. Now I’m not one to call anyone’s Mama a bitch but I just get a bad vibe from this lady.

“Yeah, who would have ever thought Madison would get a job as a dancer” her sister began. In my family, there would be nothing wrong with a comment like that. But that’s because in my family we believe in a little thing called sarcasm. But clearly this family doesn’t. There was no sarcasm in her tone, none at all. It’s been just pure bitchiness. “All that counting and stuff, it’s hard for Madison to comprehend,” she laughed a little, and so did the mother. I looked over at Madison and she just stood there, like she couldn’t hear anything, not making any replies, not standing up for herself, it’s not like her to not stand up for herself, “But she’s got it down to eight, that’s all you need to dance right?”

“Alright Mal,” her father started and they both stopped, good to know someone in the family has her back. I would have said something but what would I say? Maybe I’m just looking at it as an outsider and really that’s the way their family works. The sister just kept going though, saying something bad about Madison. I don’t know, all I heard was ‘remember that time you…’ I stopped listening after that. I just watched Madison, she just looked pissed. I wish I was like Zack Morris and I could just call a time out and pull Madison aside and tell her to stand up for herself. I hate that she’s just sitting there taking it.

“Mallory seriously, calm down. You haven’t seen her in six fucking months and you’re going to fight the whole time?” her brother was the one to speak up this time, good to know half the family is normal. His wife was just standing there, looking about as uncomfortable as any human could possibly look, except possibly me at that moment, because I don’t think I looked very comfortable.

“Well, it was nice meeting all of you, but I have to get to a meet n greet, I’ll see you later Madison” she nodded her head, “And I really appreciate your daughter on the tour, I don’t think we tell the dancers that enough, they really make the show. And Madison’s really one of the best on the tour. Nice meeting you guys. See you later”



I really want to kill my sister, and my mother. I hate that they’re such bitches. I haven’t seen them in six months and they’re really planning on shredding me to pieces in front of my boss… he is basically my boss. They’re such bitches. I don’t know why I thought that getting them tickets would actually be a good thing. I swear next time I’m just telling my father and my brother.

“Well he’s cute” my mother began, “A pure delight, isn’t he Madison?” no Ma, he’s ugly. Why does she ask stupid questions? Obviously he’s cute.

“Yeah Ma, I’ll give him your number”

“Don’t be smart Madison, I’m just saying he’s a cute boy”

“Well thanks” I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes

“God don’t be such a bitch, all she’s saying is he’s cute” Mallory began, great now she’s calling me a bitch

“You’re almost twenty-five, it won’t hurt to start looking for a husband”

Oh my Goodness, I’m going to strangle them both, “I’m really not going to discuss this right now I have to get ready. Go ahead and sit down so you don’t miss the opening acts” I grabbed Megan in my arms, “I’m taking her with me” she giggled, “Ma and Mal, go ahead out and get the seats. Come on Dad and Matt, I want to talk to you” I walked away with Megan in my arms and sat down in the dressing room.

My brother and father came in and sat down with me, “Don’t let them get to you” my father started, he’s always the one that tried to make peace, I feel bad. But seriously it’s not even my fault; they’re the ones being such bitches

“I’m over it” I smiled, “Well I’m happy to see you guys” I stressed the words ‘you guys’ so they were aware the bitchiness was not meant for them.



I hope Madison appreciates what I do for her. I don’t know why I put so much effort in this. She’s just a dancer. She could just decide she didn’t want to hook up anymore and I could basically pick any other girl on tour. I’m not cocky; it’s just the truth. And there are some really hot girls on this tour. I sat in a folding chair as girls came by, screaming and crying. I just smiled and signed their cds. I’ve done this so many times I’ve actually mastered the art of pretending I’m listening and smiling and thinking whatever the hell I want and these dumbass pre teens think I’m actually paying attention to everything they say. This is a skill that is also very useful in everyday life. Whenever anyone’s talking to me I am able to act interested when I couldn’t give a shit. I’m very proud of myself for this accomplishment.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story