Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much for reading and leaving such awesome reviews. They really make my life! haha

I'm going on vacation on Thursday so I wanted to get another chapter or so up before I leave. Thanks again!
After the show I said goodbye to my parents and siblings. I told them we were leaving after the show even though we have tomorrow off and are spending it in Savannah. I can’t deal with them too much, and I think I put in more than enough time today.

Mel came to my room because we really need some girl talk. She’s definitely my best friend, and has been since we were born. We’re a lot alike, in the sense that she knows everything about me that no one else knows. She knows both sides of me, and she’s pretty much the only one that does.

“Finally” I let out a sigh and fell on the bed, “I’m so tired”

“You’re tired? Where’s the party?”

“There’s definitely no party” she fell down next to me

“There should be a crazy party every night”

“Yes, there should be, that’d be great, but no such luck, there’s hardly ever parties”

“Just little private parties with you and Justin every night?”

“Yeah” I laughed

“Every night? Seriously?” she laughed

“No, not every night” I smiled, although it really is pretty much every night.

“Anyone else on tour?”

“No, there’s really like no other hot guys on the tour” I paused, ok that’s not the complete truth, “Except the sound guy, Larry. He’s so hot. But he’s like married with kids and he’s like fifty” I laughed

“Eww”

“No but he’s like hot. Like George Clooney hot, like old man hot” she looked at me like I was crazy, “Shut up, I’m just saying he’s hot”

“I think you should stick with Justin”

“Yeah well”

“He is really hot” I nodded my head, “And your mother loves him”

“Which is a big enough reason for me not to be with him” I said with a chuckle, “If my mother really knew him she would hate him. HATE him”

“Why is that?” she laughed

“Because he’s an asshole” I said seriously, “he really is a complete jackass” she laughed because she thinks I’m kidding, “No he seriously is. He’s bipolar. Like… he can be so sweet when he wants to be or when his mother is there or someone else’s mother is there, someone he needs to impress. Like on television he’s so sweet and so cool but in real life… he’s the most arrogant, cocky, spoiled, self serving bastard you’ll ever meet”

“Then why…”

I shrugged and answered her before she could finish, “because in bed he’s the complete opposite. Bipolar” I laughed, “And there are times that he’s so cool and sweet and funny and nice… but it’s like a fifty-fifty chance you’ll get him on a good day”

“Wow” she laughed

“That’s why we fool around… and that’s it”

Mel took a deep breath and smiled as she stood up, “I’m going to get going”

“OK” I sat up, even though I don’t really want her to leave, “You don’t want to tour with us?”

“I wish, but no, back to the real world, have fun, be careful, don’t get hurt”

“I won’t” I’m so not into Justin like that. I realize that he’s using me but I’m using him just as much as he’s using me, so it’s all good.




A couple hours after the show I called Madison, “Hey”

“Hey”

“You wanna come over?”

“I’m not really… in the mood” she began

“Oh no, no I just want to talk to you, I can come over there if you want”

“No it’s cool, I’ll be there in a few”

She came up to my room a couple minutes later. I left the door open and she just came in and lay down in bed next to me. She seems like she’s in a shitty mood, I can’t say I blame her, her family is a little fucked up, “So you’re family’s gone?”

“Yeah” she nodded her head, “Thank God”

“You’re sister’s a bitch”

She laughed, I guess a little surprised that I actually said it but it’s true, “So is my mother”

“Yeah well…” I paused, “I’m not one to call anyone’s Mama a bitch”

She laughed again, “It’s ok to call my mother a bitch, I do it all the time”

“What’s your sister like jealous of you or something?”

“No” she paused, “Not at all” well it sure as hell seems like she’s jealous of her

“Then why don’t you get along?”

“We just never really got along”

“There has to be a reason” I don’t know if she just doesn’t want to tell me but there has to be a reason. I’d say she’s jealous. I might be prying too much, but all I really want to know is why the hell she just stood there and took it.

“We’re just opposites… and she’s a bitch” she laughed

“So you’re not going to tell me?”

“You don’t want to know, it’s a long story” why the hell would I ask her if I didn’t want to know? I learned a long time ago not to ask questions you don’t want to know the answers to because people will tell you the answer and they’ll talk about the subject for a couple hours if you let them. She laughed when she looked at the face I was making, “Alright but don’t complain because it’s long and boring” she took a deep breath and fell on her back, “I was always like the popular girl in school” she made the quotes with her hands when she said popular, “Not by choice. Trust me I hated 90% of all the people that thought I was cool. High school is so stupid. So anyway I’m not the smartest girl in the world, I’m sure you already figured that out” she laughed a little

“Don’t say that”

“It’s true, it’s cool. I’m stupid,” she laughed; I don’t know why that’s funny to her. I’ve never met a girl that openly stated she was stupid. And I have met a lot of stupid girls. And they were really stupid, like they would stop in the middle of a sentence. Just stop. There was one girl I was with once and she was telling me about her family and she literally said ‘My Dad is a… well… he like… what’s it called… he works in a… what’s it called… like a… when you get a check you go there’ a bank Einstein, a fucking bank, your father works at a bank. Come on seriously who doesn’t know where their father works? I understand if he’s like a businessman and he switches businesses a lot but this bitch didn’t know her father works in a fucking bank. I swear it was at that moment I just walked out. I don’t care how hot she was and how good the sex was it’s not worth it.

“You’re not stupid, don’t say that. Trust me I’ve known a lot of stupid people and you’re not one of them”

“Ok, I’m not smart, is that better?” she asked, “The point is I’m not a smart girl. My sister’s a smart girl. So she was always mad because I got all the attention in school and I got by even though my grades were bad but I was the cute popular girl so the teachers let it slide”

“So then she’s jealous”

“No, because that was a long time ago, she’s over that now”

“I doubt she’s over it. She seems like the person that would hold a grudge”

She laughed, “We just have bad history and we never got along”

“So then why’s your mother a bitch?”

“Oh, she was just born that way” she laughed, “Bitchiness runs in her family, seriously her mother’s a bitch, she’s a bitch, there’s a long line of bitches in the family” She paused, “My mother’s just mad because I’m almost twenty-five and that means I should have been married five years ago and by now I should have at least two kids. The only reason why I’m not married that’s suitable for her would be if I were in school. Which obviously, going back to that whole I’m stupid thing, isn’t going to work out for me. If I’m not a housewife with children I should be a lawyer like my father and brother or a doctor like my grandfather. But not a dancer slash dog walker slash hair model”

“You were a hair model?”




I don’t think he’s listening to anything I’m saying. I don’t blame him, I wouldn’t be listening either, in fact I’m hardly listening to myself. I just don’t like talking about my family because I don’t like them all too much, “Yes, I was a hair model” I laughed slightly, “For L’Oreal. My face is all over the hair color section at your local convenience store”

“That’s cool”

“Yeah, so cool” I laughed a little because it’s not cool. Not even close to being cool, it’s quite embarrassing in fact.

“Why didn’t you say anything to her?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Your sister. You just stood there and let her say whatever she wanted to say”

“Because it’s not worth it”

“It is worth it if it bothers you”

“It doesn’t bother me”

“Clearly it bothers you” he sat up, oh I forgot he’s the all knowing powerful OZ that knows when something bothers me, or anyone for that matter,

“You were just standing there all phased out”

“Because I wasn’t paying attention”

“If you weren’t paying attention, how’d you know what she said?” I really think he thinks he’s like a detective or something; he’s getting all these clues so he thinks he knows everything. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has his handy dandy notebook hiding under the pillow. The reason why I didn’t stand up for myself is because it’s not worth it. I always spend most of the time I see them fighting and I didn’t want to spend this whole time fighting. Maybe if I act like it doesn’t bother me she’ll leave me alone. Of course that doesn’t work, we’re far too immature for that. And honestly, if Justin wasn’t there I would have had plenty to say but I didn’t feel the need to stand up for myself and yell at my family in front of Justin, my boss. He just needs to drop it. “Maddie”

“What?”

“Are you ignoring me?”

“Yes”

He laughed, I guess surprised that I admitted that I was ignoring him, but I am, no need to lie about it. I’m not really one for lying; I don’t think there’s a point to it. “Alright, we’ll drop it” he said the words, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to drop it, “I just think maybe you should stand up for yourself more, I mean don’t let them talk to you that way...”

“Justin” I broke in and sat up, “Let it go. I don’t let them talk to me like that. I can stand up for myself just fine, you don’t need to worry about it. Just because I didn’t yell and bitch back at them the two minutes you were there doesn’t mean I didn’t say anything all day. Just seriously drop it, it really has nothing to do with you”

“Alright, it’s dropped” now let’s see if this time he means it, “Calm down, lay down” I took a deep breath and fell down on the bed, “Just relax” he whispered as he started kissing my neck… so much for just talking. What does he not understand with the phrase, ‘I’m not in the mood’?

“Justin, I… “

“What?” he pulled away and looked right at me, he’s so damn sexy, it's not fair.

“Nothing” it’s impossible to turn him down… and he knows it, that’s what sucks so much.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story