Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok... I have a lot of this already written so I'll just keep posting haha. Thanks so much for the reviews though, it really helps me add more and get focused on writing haha :)
“So uh… we’re having dance auditions tomorrow,” Justin said one night

“Is it open or closed?” I learned a long time ago not to get excited with him.

“Closed” why the hell does he even tell me?

“OK” I said as I turned around and curled up with the blanket, I don’t know why he would tell me that just to throw it in my face.

He laughed a little, “You’re number’s on the dresser”

“Are you kidding?” I kind of shouted as I crawled on top of him

“Yeah, wait though, calm down” he said as he rolled me over so he was on top of me, “I’m not promising anything… I got you the audition, that’s it. If you’re not one of the eight best dancers you’re not getting it. Alright?”

“Alright” I rolled back on top of him and started kissing his chest

“I’m not giving you any special considerations”

“Alright” I continued kissing him

“I don’t want you to think you’re getting it because you might not”

“Alright”

“I’m probably only going to be there for a couple hours, but you need to act like you’ve never met me before”

“Alright”

“And I don’t want you stop coming over anymore if you don’t make it”

“Oh my God Justin” I stopped kissing him, “Remember when I told you that you need to seriously shut up more? Yeah, start doing that now”


**

I did not sleep much that night. I was too excited. I know that I’m only getting an audition and I know he’s not promising anything. I don’t doubt that if it was between me and another girl and it was Justin’s decision he would pick the other girl. I don’t think we have the kind of relationship that he’s going to help me out to that extent. In fact I’m a little surprised he even got me the audition. I left his house around six thirty, and went back to my place to change into some dance worthy clothes… I did leave me panties there… just as a little reminder I guess… I swear half the time I don’t even do it on purpose, I’d forget my head if it wasn’t attached.

I took a quick shower and did my hair and makeup; I need to look good for this thing. I got to the studio a little before nine, and joined the line of girls waiting at the door. I sat on the ground, drinking my diet wild cherry Pepsi and eating my Cool Ranch Doritos… the breakfast of champions. Alright, I’m officially getting nervous now. Everyone knows each other; I’m like the weirdo that doesn’t know anyone. I really should have got more involved with these dancers.



I woke up the next morning and she was gone, and so was the number for her audition. I’ve never even seen her dance… she could be the worst dancer in the world… ok well clearly she can’t be that bad because of the way she moves in bed. She did leave her panties though… she seems to always forget those. I looked over at the clock, 10:36…I need to get up. I stretched my arms over my head and walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I need to get over to the studio to check out these girls.

When I got to the studio it was 11:30. I wasn’t supposed to be there until one but I wanted to sneak in early so I could check them out when they don’t think I’m there. I went in the back entrance and sat behind one of those amazing mirrors that’s not really a mirror and watched them all. They’re all actually really good.



“Alright, we’re going to take lunch, we’ll meet back here in a half an hour, don’t be late” the choreographer said and I let out a sigh of relief. I definitely need a break. I grabbed a plate and went through the line, and then sat down cross-legged on the ground eating my macaroni and cheese because that’s the only thing that looks even half way normal. I sat there by myself and watched as everyone else kind hung out together laughing and talking. They’re all friends already. I feel like the new girl in school. I don’t know why I decided not to hang out with these people from the beginning. Maybe if I made more friends out here I would have had more opportunities.



“They look good,” I said as I stuffed a forkful of macaroni and cheese in my mouth

“Yeah, they’re pretty good” Marty, my choreographer said, “So are you going to come out and watch them or what?”

“Yeah, I’ll come out. Do they know the dance?”

“Yeah, we taught them one, they got it down pretty well. We’ll go out, have them do the dance, cut it down to 15-20 and then talk to them or something”

“Sounds good”



So the choreographer… Marty I think his name is, came out and told us we’re going to take it from the beginning. And then Justin walked in and I swear all the girls shut up and stared… then they started clapping… why are they clapping? It’s so stupid.

“What’s up ladies?” he smiled and all the girls giggled, I swear there was like a collective giggle. I admit that he does have that smile that makes you want to giggle but come on, you should be able to control yourself. We did the dance and he clapped and said how hard the choice was going to be, “Alright,” he stood up, “Take a seat ladies, we’re going to call you up, ask ya some questions, get to know ya. Then you’re going to do a little freestylin’ for us” he smiled, “So take a seat” he paused and sat back down at a table, “Alright, let’s start with number… 38” Bastard. Why did he call me first? I stood up and walked up to the table and smiled, “What’s your name number 38?”

“Madison”

“Madison…”

“Sorry, Ward… Madison Ward” I smiled, I’m really making a fool out of myself

“Are you nervous Madison? Don’t be nervous, calm down” he smiled

“I’m not nervous” I smiled, “I just didn’t want to go first”

“You’re supposed to want to go first, you’re supposed to jump right up and be ready to show us what you got” Justin is really being an asshole. I really think he’s doing that because he knows me and he’s enjoying this making me look like a fool thing.

“Sorry, allow me to jump right up and get started”

“Better” he laughed, “Alright, so Madison, how long have you been dancing?”

“Forever, since I was a kid”

“Do you have any experience, as far as touring?”

“No” I paused, “I am a tour virgin” I smiled and he made a face and I was able to keep myself from laughing

“So what is your experience dancing?”

“I teach four classes a week down at Act II Studios”

“What classes?”

“Hip Hop and tap”

“Alright girl, let’s see it”




“So what do you think? Girls we got… Jamie, Allison, Chrissy, Brandy and Jennifer” Marty said as he spread out their headshots. No Madison. Fuck.

“What about… Madison?” I asked quietly

“What about her?”

“I like her”

Marty laughed, “Of course you like her”

“What?” I chuckled

“She’s hot”

“She’s fucking gorgeous” I laughed, “But she’s good. She’s sexy, she’s a sexy dancer, it will work good”

“She’s never toured before”

“So what? She’s been dancing forever. Someone’s gotta pop her cherry” I said with a smile

“I don’t know, she’s just never done anything. She kind of came out of nowhere and has no experience whatsoever. Her first tour shouldn’t be a sold out arena tour. But it’s your say bro, it’s your tour”

“I want her” Marty laughed, I probably should have phrased that a different way, “On the tour bro, come on”

“Alright, who are we getting rid of then?”

“Brandy” I answered possibly too quickly, she was on the last tour and possibly the most annoying chick in the world.

“She’s a good dancer”

“She’s also an annoying bitch” I corrected him

“Alright everyone, we made the decisions,” Marty said as I sat down behind the table and let him do the dirty work. “If I call your name you made it, if not, thanks anyway” he laughed. I looked over at Madison and she looks scared to death. I should have told Marty to call her name last just so I could watch her suffer some more, “Chrissy, Jamie, Allison, Jennifer, Madison, Kenny, Rob, Matt, and Jake” Madison just sat there looking into space, I wonder if she even heard him say her name.




I think they just said my name. I looked at Justin and he gave me a smile and I jumped up and screamed. The other people looked at me as if I were a little crazy, but this is my first tour and it really makes me feel like maybe this whole moving to Hollywood thing is going to work out.

I saw Justin walk into one of the small rooms and I followed him in there, hoping no one was in there with him. When I opened the door I saw he was there alone and I shut the door and literally ran to him and jumped in his arms, “Thank you, thank you, thank you”

“Calm down girl” he laughed as I kissed his neck

“No, it means a lot. I’ve never done anything like this… thank you Sexy”

“I didn’t do anything, you did it yourself. Congratulations”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story