Neither J.C. nor I had time to question Justin about his conversation with Lynn last night and they were whisked off early this morning with the rest of the guys to do an interview. The guys were now doing their sound check and I was relaxing in their dressing room when Lynn walking in.

“Hey Madi,” Lynn smiled over at me as I looked up at her, “do you want to go grab some food?”

“I usually wait on the guys.” I said slowly not sure if I wanted to be alone with Lynn.

“Oh, well I guess we can just talk in here until they’re done.” Lynn smiled as she sat down on the couch opposite of me. I forced a small smile in her direction not sure what to say to her.

“Listen Madi, I love you like a daughter you have been in Justin’s life for a long time and I know how happy he is with you…”Lynn sighed as she trailed off. I nodded slightly knowing where the conversation was heading but still not knowing what to say to her. “But I also see how close you and Jace are and it worries me. Justin is my baby and I will do anything I have to, to protect him. I see the way you and Jace look at each other and I’m not sure if you realize your feelings for him or if it’s just your way of admiration and looking up to him.” Lynn continued.

“Look Lynn,” I sighed cutting her off before she could say anything else, “I love Justin, there’s no question about that, and yes C and I are close but I’ve known him just as long as Justin and they’ve always been close even before I met them so it just kind of ended up being the three of us together all the time. I can assure you that Justin is well aware of how close we are and he’s okay with it.” I said pausing trying to collect my thought.

“Oh I know he knows, I’m just afraid that he’s too blinded and wouldn’t even notice if more was going on right under his nose. He trusts both of you and I don’t want to see him get hurt for being too trusting.” Lynn sighed.

“I understand you’re worried about him but do you really think J.C. or I would ever do anything to purposely hurt him?” I asked not really believing that Lynn was even confronting me about all of this.

“I …Well no it’s not that…I just…” Lynn fumbled looking for the right words when I cut her off again, “I have never given you a reason not to trust me and you have known C since he was sixteen and if you really think we are the kind of people who would do something like that then I’m not really sure what to say.” I said my voice cracking slightly as I stood and started pacing the room. I wasn’t even sure if I had the right to defend myself to Lynn; everything she was saying was right, it was just that Justin didn’t have a problem with any of it, but what if Justin did have a problem with it all? I shuddered at that thought for once not actually knowing what I would do without both of them in my life.

“Madison it’s not that,” Lynn groaned obviously frustrated with the way this conversation was going, “It’s just Jace called me out here worried about Justin and all day yesterday I could tell something was off with him and like I said it’s obvious to anyone how close you are with J.C. and I’m just worried Justin knows you’re slipping away and that’s what has him all out of sorts. He didn’t look good at all yesterday and he barely ate all day, although dinner was a little better but that’s all just so out of character for him and it’s not healthy anytime but especially being out on the road like this.”

I nodded slowly picking at my nails as I continued to pace around the room. “Do you honestly think J.C. would have called you out here if the problem was because of him?” I asked not sure if Lynn realized how ridiculous some of her accusations sounded.

“Well no…but when we got back yesterday and you two were laying on top of one another half naked….” Lynn trailed off as I felt my face heat up from embarrassment.

“I didn’t feel good yesterday, which if anything should give you comfort that BOTH JUSTIN AND I weren’t feeling well,” I said glancing over at her with a scowl on my face, “but you flew all the way out here and Justin wasn’t going to miss the chance to spend time with you, but he told me to stay and get some rest and HE asked C to check on me,” I sighed again, “ I wasn’t feeling well I didn’t want to be uncomfortable and I love C like a brother, he was just making sure I was alright.” I said my voice softening at the end as I lied to Lynn, who had never been anything but nice and caring towards me. True yesterday was nothing but innocent between J.C. and I but I couldn’t believe I had just said that I loved him like a brother. Up until that statement I had done pretty well with telling her the truth without revealing too much information.

“If that’s true then why is Jace so worried about Justin and not you?” Lynn quickly replied as my eyes widened slightly as I finally turned to face her.

“Trust me he was just as worried about me, but it’s not like mom exactly has the time to fly out here beside Chris is here and yes Chris knows about everything’s that’s been going on, probably more so than you,” I spat my anger slowly rising, “but it’s all under control so there’s no need to worry about it, although I’m sure C thought if I needed motherly advice that you would give it to me, but obviously he gave you too much credit.” I finished fuming as Lynn just stared at me wide eyed.


“Baby I’m starving, are you ready to go eat?” Justin called out as all the guys piled into the dressing room stopping mid step when they all noticed the looks on mine and Lynn’s faces. I walked past both Justin and J.C. and threw my arms around Chris’ neck needing to feel comforted by someone who I wasn’t just previously getting attacked over.

“Madi?” I heard J.C. ask softly as he turned towards Chris and I, but I ignored him as I continued to cling to Chris.

“What’d you do?” Justin asked accusingly turning towards his mom.

“Nothing! I just…” Lynn started when Justin cut her off, “No! I told you to drop this shit!” Justin barked at Lynn before making his way over to Chris and I and prying me away from him and wrapping his arms around me tightly.

“Come on baby let’s go grab something to eat.” Justin whispered in my ear as he rubbed my back.

I shook my head as I tightened my arms around him before mumbling out, “No, I’m not hungry.”

“Madison you need to eat.” I heard J.C. say softly as he caught Justin’s eye and they shared a knowing look. I glanced up to see J.C. standing right next to Justin and I and I saw both of them sigh at the tears that were running down my face.

“Baby please stop.” Justin pleaded as J.C. reached up to wipe the tears off my face and I closed my eyes leaning into his hand slightly.

“You guys go ahead we’ll catch up.” Justin said glancing up the other three guys.

“Madi you okay?” Chris asked hesitantly. I looked over at him giving him a weak smile and nodded slightly.

“Alright if you guys don’t come down in twenty minutes I’m coming back.” Chris relented as he turned to follow Joey and Lance out of the room.


“Mom leave.” Justin ordered without even turning to look at her.

“Justin this isn’t a conversation for the three of you.” Lynn chastised not moving from her spot on the couch. Justin’s jaw clenched at his mother’s words and he gently handed me to J.C. who immediately wrapped his arms around me as he turned to glare at his mom.

“You’re the one who has done nothing but make it about the three of us, now I want to talk to my girlfriend and my best friend ALONE. So get out.” Justin grunted out his nostrils flaring slightly. Lynn looked at Justin completely taken back by his outburst but quietly got up and made her way out of the room leaving the three of us alone together.


J.C. walked me back over to the couch and sat down pulling me back against him as Justin sat down on the other side of me and pulled my legs across his lap. Justin opened his mouth to speak but before he could say anything I cut him off, blurting out, “I’m in love with C!”

I closed my eyes not being able to make eye contact with Justin and I heard J.C. inhale sharply at my revelation, as his grip on my waist tightened.

“Madi?” Justin finally questioned picking up my hand. I slowly opened my eyes to look at him and instead of the anger or pain I thought I would see etched across his face all I saw was a blank expression searching mine.

“I love you too J.” I sighed as I squeezed his hand and his mouth twitched upwards slightly.

“Then what’s wrong?” Justin asked softly.

“I don’t know. Is it even possible to love you both? And your mom is definitely on to us I just spent the last half hour being interrogated by her and I lied to her! I’ve never lied to your mother Justin.” I cried out exasperated.

“Let me handle my mom, “ Justin sighed rubbing his hand over his face, “she can say all she wants about the situation but as far as I’m concerned the only people’s who opinions matter on it are the people sitting here.”

“This whole situation is fucked up.” I groaned as I threw my head back on J.C.’s shoulder.

“Madi if you want to stop all this just say the word, but I don’t really see that resolving anything if you’re in love with C too.” Justin trailed off.

“Sweetheart whatever you’re comfortable with just tell me, I’ll do whatever you want.” J.C. whispered out and I was once again overwhelmed by the love and the compassion coming from the two of them.

“I don’t want to lose either of you.” I sighed feeling selfish.

“Then what are you stressing about? Neither of us are going anywhere unless you say so.” Justin said confused by my hesitation.

“I’m not worried about either of you, but what about your mom? Or the guys? They’re bound to figure it out eventually!” I exclaimed as J.C. squeezed my reassuringly and kissed the side of my head.

“Who cares what they think?!” Justin exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air.

“J calm down and try to understand where she’s coming from.” J.C. said calmly drawing Justin’s attention back to us.

“I get it okay my mom is confused and attacking everybody and the guys won’t understand it like we do but damnit fuck ‘em. It’s not their lives.” Justin insisted as J.C. rolled his eyes.

“I get what you’re saying J, but do you really think they’re all going to just let it go that easily?” I asked reaching out for his hand begging him to understand.

“No they won’t because they’re assholes but are you really willing to fuck up a good thing because of what they may or may not say when they may or may not find out about it?” Justin asked.

“I never said I was going to fuck anything up I just want you to understand my apprehension.” I sighed as J.C. tightened his grip around my waist once again.

“I get it, I do, but there’s nothing you can do about it so I don’t see the point in stressing over it.” Justin sighed his voice softening.

“I was a bitch to your mom.” I mumbled looking down at my hand in his refusing to look him in the eye at that confession.

“Yeah well I was an ass too. Don’t worry about it I’ll talk to her and apologize.” Justin sighed again.

“You’re not mad?” I asked timidly glancing up at him as he spoke, “Normally yeah I’d be pissed but she more than deserved this and I know you didn’t mean it.”

“I love you.” I said finally smiling over at him.

“There’s my girl! I love you too.” Justin grinned as he leaned over me and kissed me full on causing both of us to lean back onto J.C.

J.C. pulled my earlobe into his mouth and sucked on it lightly as I burst into a fit of giggles causing both of them to stop and pull back and look at me.

“Woman what are you laughing at?” Justin asked his eyes sparkling mischievously.

“If someone were to walk in and see us….” I trialed off getting lost in another fit of giggles as Justin and J.C. both started to laugh along with me.

“Come on, I’m still hungry.” Justin chuckled as he stood up and offered me his hand. I stood and turned and waited on J.C. and the three of us slowly made our way out of the room down towards catering joking and laughing with one another.


The three of us made our way into the catering area all of us laughing loudly at one another drawing everyone’s attention to us as we entered. Chris smiled over at me and winked as we made our way over to the rest of the guys and I smiled back knowing all Chris really wanted was for me to be happy and thinking he might not care so much when he found out what had been going on. We all quickly got some food and sat down joining in on the other guy’s conversation. The guys were all excitedly discussing the release of the album in a couple weeks as I sat back and watched them with my own excitement, proud of all they had accomplished.

My eyes started to wander around the room where they finally landed on Lynn who was sitting watching us intently a small frown on her face. I quickly turned my attention back to the guys sliding my hand over Justin’s thigh and leaning into him so my mouth was against his ear, “Your mom doesn’t look to happy.”

Justin glanced over in her direction before turning his attention back to me and kissing me softly, “she brought it on herself,” he muttered against my lips.

I shook my head slightly as I pulled back and smiled at him when I saw him pouting at me. “Regardless you need to talk to her before the show.” I urged as Justin just continued to pout at me.

I raised my eyebrows as I just stared at him and he finally relented whining, “fine….”

“Thank you baby,” I grinned as I pecked him lightly on the lips before pulling away and turning my attention towards J.C., “and you are coming with me.” I demanded.

J.C. eyes gleaned mischievously as he pointed to himself feigning shock. I just giggled as I stood up and grabbed his hand pulling him up as well. J.C. chuckled as he slid his arm around my waist and allowed me to lead him away from the table and towards the door.

“Come find us when you’re done J.” J.C. called over his shoulder as we exited the room much to the dismay of Lynn.


I all but drug J.C. out to the bus him laughing at my eagerness the whole way. Lonnie was standing out by the buses and nodded slightly at us as we entered and shut the door behind us.

“What are we doing?” J.C. chuckled as he stopped me once we were inside the bus holding me in place.

“I love you!” I squealed as I jumped up into his arms and kissed him. J.C.’s eyes widened slightly as he caught me and took a moment to steady himself, but he eagerly kissed me back moaning softly. J.C. finally pulled away and I rested my forehead on his as I grinned down at him.

“I love you too.” J.C. said softly his whole face lighting up.
Chapter End Notes:
Well?? Somebody give me something here?? PlEASE!!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: druggiej roughsex jealous triangles threeway justinandtrace jc justin