Author's Chapter Notes:
Some much needed J.C. time....finally
The whole way back to the studio I stared out the window in silence, as Justin chatted away like everything was normal and J.C. answered him cordially, obviously lost in his own train of thought. We made our way back into the studio, and I aimlessly wandered over to the couch and plopped down on it lost in thought. “You gonna eat Madi?” Chris asked glancing over at me a perplexed look on his face.

“Uh…no,” I said glancing up at him, “Justin can I have your keys?” I asked turning to face him.

“Why?” Justin asked curiously.

“I just wanna head home.” I shrugged, needing to get out of there and clear my head.

“Why?” Justin asked again, dragging out the question this time causing me sigh.

“Here, take my jeep.” J.C. softly said holding his keys out to me. I just stared at him, and he softly smiled, knowing why I was so uncomfortable, “It’s fine, I’ll ride over with Chris later and pick it up.” I just nodded as I grabbed the keys and quickly turned to leave.

“Madi!” Chris yelled getting my attention causing me to turn back and look at him, “I know you have all your laundry and shit to do, but if you could start on some of mine that’d be awesome.” He smiled giving me puppy dog eyes.

“Yeah, I’ll do it.” I whispered and turned and quickly left, leaving everyone else in the room confused about my hasty exit. I got into J.C.’s jeep as my phone beeped and I looked down to see a text from Justin, ‘Way to be fuckin obvious.’ I rolled my eyes and threw the phone in the empty seat beside me, peeling out of the parking lot.


I had managed to get Chris’ laundry done and I threw something together for dinner, although I ended up just putting it into the fridge too antsy to eat anything. I’d made my way downstairs and ran on the treadmill for a while, but now I was back upstairs pacing idly around, trying to find something to do with all my pent up anxiousness and trying to sort out what J.C. was thinking about the whole situation. We had definitely caught him off guard with our request, but other than the initial shock I couldn’t even begin to fathom what he could possibly be thinking. It wasn’t so much that I cared what his answer would be, it was more that I was embarrassed about what he thought about the whole thing, or more specifically me, since he knew this was something I wanted as well. It shouldn’t be bothering me as much as it is, but he is one of my best friends, and he is Justin’s best friend, and regardless of his answer or what happens between the three of us, I’m still going to have to face him everyday


The front door opened and Chris’ laughter echoed throughout the house causing me to freeze in place and stare at the entry way. After what seemed like an eternity Chris and J.C. appeared before me, and all I could do was stare dumbly at them. “You okay Madi?” Chris asked, slowly making his way towards me.

“Huh? Yeah, fine.” I said giving him a tight lipped smile that he didn’t buy for a second.

“Can we talk?” J.C. asked before Chris had the chance to say anything and my head to whip up in his direction as my heart started to beat out of my chest. I was racking my brain trying to form words, but none would come out so I just nodded stupidly and picked his keys up off the table, tossing them to him, before making my way towards the door.


I quickly made my way over to his jeep and climbed in the passenger side and waited for him to get in. J.C. slowly climbed in and glanced over at me before sighing slightly and turning the vehicle on. He started to back out of the driveway and I looked at him quizzically, but still not being able to find my voice, I just turned and looked out the window waiting for him to say something. After a few minutes on intense silence, I realized we were headed towards his house me eyes widening slightly as errant thoughts started to fly through my mind. I had been to his house more times than I could count and normally considered it like a second home, but all of a sudden I was very apprehensive about being there, especially alone with him.


A few minutes later J.C. pulled into his garage and looked over at me smiling slightly before he climbed out. I sat frozen in place, having no idea what J.C. was thinking or what to expect. A couple seconds later J.C. opened my car door and held his hand out to me, “come on,” he softly said as I placed my hand in his and let him lead me into the house.

J.C. made his way over to the couch and sat down, picking up the remote to the stereo and putting some soft music on as I just stood in the middle of the room fidgeting. J.C.’s gaze slowly made its way back over to me and he frowned at my obvious discomfort. “Come here Madison.” J.C. whispered patting the open spot on the couch next to him.

My tongue darted out, licking my lips, as I slowly made my way across the room to him. I nervously sat down, making sure to keep a few feet between us, afraid to get too close to him. My mind has been on overdrive since Justin mentioned wanting J.C. as well and now I was a nervous wreck waiting to figure out what J.C.’s answer to all this was. “Madison, relax, I’m not going to hurt you.” J.C. frowned at how on edge I was, as he reached out and gently picked up my hand.


I winced slightly at the contact as a jolt of electricity shot up my arm and J.C. immediately pulled me to him wrapping his arms around me and burying his head in my hair, “Are you okay?” I just whimpered slightly and nodded as I clung to him.

J.C. sighed slightly before pulling back to look at me, “Madison what’s wrong? Why are you so scared of me right now?”

“I’m not scared.” I whispered out, my eyes focused on the design on his shirt refusing to look up at him.

J.C. sighed obviously frustrated with the current situation, “Are you okay with all this or is this something Justin wants? Because if it’s just Justin, there’s nothing else to discuss it’s off the table.” He said sincerely his eyes searching mine. I saw the doubt in his eyes, and instantly knew he thought by the way I was acting that this was something Justin was forcing me into. It wasn’t a secret as to how Justin could treat me at times, but I found it slightly amusing that J.C. would that that Justin would do anything so drastically to hurt me.

“It was my idea.” I mumbled looking down at my hands that were fisted together between us.

“Excuse me?” J.C. said slightly confused not thinking he heard me properly.

“It was my idea.” I repeated again a little louder.

“Then what’s wrong?” J.C. asked forcing my chin up to look at him.

“I’m just scared about what you think about me now.” I whispered out, closing my eyes so I didn’t have to look at him.

“Oh Madi.” J.C. chuckled pulling me closer to him and laying his head on my chest.

“Hmm?” I whimpered out confused.

“You’re amazing you know that?” J.C. asked as I felt his mouth twitch into a smile against my skin.

“Wha…at?” I whispered becoming more and more confused.

“Shit, I’ve been an ass to J all day thinking he was being a dick,” J.C. said throwing his head back in laughter, “you never have to be ashamed or worry what I think about you.”

I relaxed some against J.C. at his statement, “You just seemed so put off by the whole thing.” I whispered as my hands snaked their way up around his neck and started to play with the hair at the base of his neck.

“Well trust me that was the last thing I was expecting to hear.” J.C. chuckled slightly as a small smile formed on my lips.

“Well what do you think?” I asked my voice hoarse as my tongue darted out to lick my lips again.

“It was really your idea?” J.C. asked smirking at me as he cocked his head to the side. I felt my face start to flush and I just nodded slightly, as I wide grin broke out across J.C.’s face.

“I’m not sure how all this is going to work, but if you guys are serious, I don’t see why not.” J.C. blew out searching my face for any second thoughts. Relief, joy, and excitement all washed over me at once and I couldn’t help the small squeal that escaped my lips, as J.C. just watched me in amusement as I pulled him into me and hugged him tightly.


I pulled away from the hug instantly relaxed and realized just how hungry I was seeing as how I hadn’t ate since breakfast, “I’m starving, have you ate?” I asked standing and making my way towards his kitchen.

I started to rummage through his fridge when I heard J.C. chuckling, “I don’t know what all is in there, but we can order something if you want.”

I shut the fridge a pack of pork chops in my hand and smiled as I saw J.C. casually leaning against the countertop staring at me. “Let me cook, I won’t get to forever.” I pouted.

J.C. just smiled over at me, “Whatever you want darling.”

“You have any laundry you need done?” I asked after thinking about it for a second.

“What?” J.C. asked incredulously shaking his head at me.

“Lucinda did mine.” I replied rolling my eyes as I took a package of mushrooms out of the fridge and began to cut them up.

“Ahh.” J.C. nodded slightly, knowing how I felt about her and Justin’s dependence on her.

“Yeah, and then I kind of told her off and kicked her out of Justin’s house.” I smirked causing J.C. to laugh.

“I’m honestly surprised it hasn’t happened sooner,” he smirked making his way towards me and peering over my shoulder, “anything I can do?”

“Mmm, you can go find a bottle of wine to go with dinner.” I pursed my lips causing him to chuckle slightly.

“Of course.” J.C. replied before turning and disappearing down into his wine cellar.


I smiled slightly to myself, happy that things had worked out, and not remembering the last time J.C. and I had hung out like this. We’ve all been so busy getting ready for the tour that I barely had any alone time with Justin, let alone anyone else. I missed hanging out with J.C., of course I loved my time with Justin, but my time with J.C. was just different. With Justin we were constantly on the go, keeping up appearances at dinners and clubs, partying with hard liquor and drugs, but with J.C. everything was always so much more laidback. We could stay in and have dinner and a bottle or two of wine and maybe watch a movie, or if we did go out we would catch a play or maybe visit a museum. It was just different, and being here tonight made me realize how much I really did miss my friend.


Just then J.C. reappeared holding a bottle of Riesling in his hand smiling at me. I grinned back in response and slid the corkscrew across the counter to him, before turning around to put the pork chops in the oven. “So are you ready for all this?” I asked, chopping up some carrots as J.C. poured us both a glass of wine.

“Yeah, it’s been a long time coming, I’m just a little stressed that the album isn’t done.” J.C. sighed handing me my glass.

I took a sip nodding at him before responding, “I know, but most of all the vocals are done and with you and J producing it will come together.”

“I know, it’s just going to be a lot to do while also touring.” J.C. frowned slightly.

“Well if anyone can do it, it’s you two, and it won’t be anything less than perfect I’m sure.” I smiled over at him causing him to blush slightly.

“It doesn’t help that I have this song I’m stuck on either.” J.C. sighed.

“Can I see it?” I asked my eyes dancing up at him. I had no idea what I was doing when it came to writing music, but I liked to look over the guys stuff on occasion, and more than once Justin and J.C. had called me their muse, stating that something I had said or did gave them what they needed to finish the song.

“Sure.” J.C. smiled his eyes softening as he got up and made his way out of the room in search of the song.


As soon as J.C. was out of sight his phone started to ring and I absentmindedly picked it up off the counter and answered it, “Hello.”

“Uh…who is this?” A female voice asked a little too hastily causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

“Who is this?” I asked back, not liking the sound of the voice on the other end.

“I asked you first, you’re the one answering other people’s phones.” The female voice snapped back at me causing me to choke on the drink of wine I just took as J.C. walked back in giving me a questioning look.

“This is Madison,” I started as I heard a sharp intake of breath, “Now who is this?”

“It’s Kristin, and shouldn’t you be off somewhere with your boyfriend?” She asked obviously annoyed.

“That’s really none of your business, and I’m sorry but J.C. is busy, he can’t come to the phone.” I said curtly before hanging up on her.

J.C. just looked at me amused as I huffed and took a big gulp of my wine, before reaching for the bottle to refill my glass. “Would you like to tell me who I’m too busy to talk to?” He smirked at me.

“Kristin.” I said rolling my eyes.

“What’s going on?” J.C. asked obviously confused about my sudden disdain for her.

“I’m getting really tired of her attitude with me.” I frowned as J.C. just slightly smirked, knowing I didn’t have many close girlfriends for a reason.

“She’s harmless. I think she has a little crush though.” J.C. said causing me to scoff in his direction.

“That’s an understatement.” I replied as J.C. just continued to chuckle at me, “She’s only eighteen, don’t worry about it.”

“You’re only twenty-four.” I exclaimed throwing my hands up.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were jealous.” J.C. smirked making his way towards me.

“I’m not jealous,” I said rolling my eyes, “I just don’t trust her or like her attitude.”

“Don’t worry about it, I’m not interested.” J.C. laughed pulling me into a hug. I huffed slightly, but wrapped my arms around him anyways.
Chapter End Notes:
Well what do we think? Do we like this relationship with J.C. or should we be worried about it? Let me know!!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: druggiej roughsex jealous triangles threeway justinandtrace jc justin