**The Next Morning**

“So you and Josh alright after yesterday?” Addy asked Katie, who was working on meeting notes for later that day.

“Yeah, we had a good talk after I finished puking more of my guts out and I started filling better again,” Katie smiled, just as their bossed yelled for Addy.

“Addy!” Jim Ashworth yelled from his office.

Addy just rolled her eyes and stood up.

“Whatcha do this time?” Katie snickered.

“Kinda threatened Lexi with her job,” Addy shrugged and leaned against Katie’s door.

“Yes?” Addy smiled as she saw Lexi leave Jim’s office.

“My office please,” Jim said as Addy waved bye to Katie and headed to Jim’s office.

This wasn’t the first time Addy got called into one of the boss’s office. Sure, she has a temper, but that’s part of what makes her so good at her job, and one of the best in the business.

“What do you want Jim?” Addy smiled taking a seat across from Jim. She had some idea of why she was in Jim’s office, and that it probably had to do something with Lexi, but it was nothing she wasn’t worried about.

“How you doing Addy?” Jim asked.

“Fine…” Addy said. “Just get to the chase Jim, what do you want?”

“Did you threaten Lexi?” Jim asked.

Addy sighed, “I kinda threatened her job.”

“What do you mean kinda?”

“I said that if she keeps letting Trevor, Katie’s ex who keeps stalking her, I will personally see that she gets fired,” Addy simply stated.

“Okay. Well her mom, who is also my big sister, called and said you threatened Lexi’s life,” Jim said.

Addy busted out laughing. “I’m sorry, but nope, just threatened her job. The only life I would threaten right now is the life of Trevor, and he’s the only one.”

“Okay. Well you know the drill. I do need to write you up, so just sign here,” Jim said handing Addy her written warning to sign. “And then just head home for the rest of the day. You know, its just protocol.”

“Yep, I know,” Addy said signing the paper, this wasn’t her first rodeo, so she knew the drill.

“So this Trevor guy, is he the one who Katie went to lunch with and she ended up paying, and also keeps showing up out of the blue.”

“That’s the one, he’s been stalking her from the moment we say him at dinner a few weeks ago. So yesterday, he came to see Katie, and I escorted him out of the building, then told security not to let him into this building, and I emailed them his name and photo,” Addy said.

“Great, he sounds like a douche. Oh, and if Lexi does let him into his office, I gladly give you permission to fire her,” Jim said

“Really?” Addy asked raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, even though she’s my niece, I don’t like her or her mother, and have been looking for an excuse to get rid of her,” Jim said.

“Sounds great! I liked the receptionist we had before her, too bad her boyfriend got transferred to Florida and she had to leave 2 weeks ago. But I will you see you tomorrow,” Addy said.

“Yep, and we have that major client presentation meeting tomorrow at 8 a.m.,” Jim said.

“Yes, already on it! I will see you then,” Addy smiled as she left his office, and Jim’s phone rang

“Did you fire her?” the person on the other end asked.

Jim started laughing. “No. I’m not going to fire one of my best senior account directors Nancy,” Jim said.

“But she threatened your niece’s life.”

“Actually she didn’t,” Jim said. “She just threatened Lexi’s job, which I’m fine with because frankly she sucks at her job Nancy, and with that I’m done with this conversation,” Jim said hanging up the phone.

**

“So you got written up and sent home huh?” Katie said.

“Yep, just like ever other time I’ve been written up,” Addy said gathering her things, so she can head home for the day, and really just work from home for the rest of the day. “So I’ll just you text you later.”  

“Sounds good. Josh is going to look for a new place again, and I’m just going to tag along,” Katie said.

“Tag along?” Addy questioned raising an eyebrow.

“Well, someone’s got to stir him from the ghetto areas in town,” Katie said.

“Um hm,” Addy smiled.

“It’s true! You know what, just head home and I’ll text you later,” Katie laughed as Addy followed her out of her office

“Sounds good,” Addy said as she locked her office and headed home.

As Addy was leaving, she talked past Lexi.

“Oh Addy, I’m sorry to see you be leaving your job,” Lexi said.

“Don’t get too excited, I’m not fired,” Addy said. “Jim would never fire me, he just doesn’t have the heart, but as for you, well that’s another story.”

And with that the elevator doors closed in front of Addy.




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc