*THE NEXT DAY*

Josh walked into Pikes Peak Advertising and headed straight to a familiar office.

He walked in and saw Katie rushing to gather some of her things.

“Hey,” Josh smiled.

Katie jumped a little, as she wasn’t expecting anyone.

“Hi,” she smiled turning to face him.

“Do you want to grab lunch?”

“I would love too, but I have a client lunch, that I’m actually 5 minutes late for,” Katie smiled as her and Josh left her office.

“Well hurry up then,” Josh said playfully pushing Katie towards the door.

“Go ask Addy about lunch, she might be available,” Katie shouted as she left.

Josh then made his way to Addy’s office, and leaned against the office door. “Hey!”

“Hi,” Addy replied looking at him funny. “What are you doing here?”

“I was going to take Katie out to lunch, but I guess she had a client lunch. So…” he said taking a seat on the love seat.

“So…”

“So- do you wanna go to lunch?” he smiled.

“Um…”

“Come on it’s my treat”

“Fine,” Addy sighed.

He then handed her his business card.

“What’s this?” Addy asked looking at the card.

“My new business card!” Josh smiled.

“So you’re Denver official official then?”

“Yep!” Josh said. “All my stuff is officially on it’s way, found the perfect place the other day, and signed the paperwork this morning!"

“That’s great Josh! I’m so proud of you!” Addy smiled, as she put the card on her desk.

“Thanks!” Josh said.

“But you’re not going to pull the ‘I forgot my wallet’ thing during lunch are you?”

“Um no…” Josh said standing up. “Plus, when have I ever done that?”

“Never that I’ve seen, but who knows,” Addy shrugged grabbing her stuff and following Josh out of the office.

“So why are you doing this?” Addy asked.

“Because I was bored, and had nothing else going on, plus Katie already had plans,” Josh said.

“Gotcha,” Addy said as they walked into Panera Bread.

“So you already know what you want?” Josh asked.

“Just a broccoli cheddar bread bowl and water would be great, and I’ll go find a seat,” Addy smiled.

“Okay,” Josh said, and then went onto order their food, then went to go sit down.

“So what’s up?” Addy asked.

“Nothing… What’s up with you?” Josh replied.

“Did you ever figure out what I was talking about a few weeks ago with the clues of Spring Break-Freshman year- spyers,” Addy smiled.

“Nope” Josh said taking a sip of his soda.

Addy rolled her eyes – Typical Josh- “Alright, never mind then…”

“Now, I want to know what you’re talking about.”

“Fine- remember when Alex and I were in town for Spring Break our freshman year, and you, Taylor, and Blake all wanted to know if I was real or if Alex was making me up…”

“Ohh… oh yeah,” Josh said as it finally dawned on him what happened.

“Exactly! So I just want it to be known that I’m not the first one to spy on dates,” Addy said.

“Point taken,” Josh said as their food came.

“Thank You- now have you told Katie what you do yet?”

“Nope,” Josh said. “Not ready too, but thinking of doing it tonight, maybe, we’ll see.”

“You know she’ll find out eventually… it’s called Google.”

“Yeah I know… but you should see the funniest thing she sent me,” Josh said showing her his phone.

Addy rolled her eyes and faked a smile, ‘please say this isn’t going to happen again,’ she thought before saying, “Funny” at what Josh was showing her.

“Oh and she said the cutest thing over the phone the other day,” Josh started.

“If you keep doing the Katie sent me this cute thing… or Katie said the most adorable thing crap. I’m going to start hitting you.”

“Yeah right,” Josh laughed, knowing Addy would never act on it

“Just try me,” Addy smiled.

“Well the other day Katie emailed me the best cat gif,” Josh smiled as Addy punched him in the arm.

“Ouch,” Josh said rubbing his arm, as Addy just smiled at him. “I was hoping to take Katie with me to help me find my new place.”

Addy punched him again.

“Will you stop?”

“Nope,” she said sitting back in her chair.

“Well Katie… Katie… Katie,” Josh smiled.

Addy punched him three more times, and on the last punch somehow her fist connected with his nose, which started bleeding, and swelling up.

“Shit! Addy!”

“You wanted to try me and you did, so this is your own fault,” Addy said. “Come on, I’ll take you to the ER.”

They both left the restaurant, Josh with a napkin to his nose and Addy with the keys to his rental car, who was also texting Katie – Taking Josh to the ER- might be back late from lunch. Don’t worry he’s fine- will tell you more later



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc