A few minutes later, they arrived at the ER and were processed; soon they were taken back into a room. Josh was holding his nose as Addy giggled to herself, only to receive Josh’s death glares.

As they were waiting for the doctor, they heard someone pick up Josh’s chart and start laughing. Addy knew that laugh anywhere, Alex’s, she had to smirk at herself.

Alex opened the curtain, and started laughing again at the sight in front of him. Even though his specialty is pediatric emergency, one of the nurses told him Addy and some other guy was here, so he told them he would take care of this one.

“Dude! Stop laughing,” Josh said glaring at him.

“I’m sorry! But I knew eventually this day would happen, but didn’t realize it would be today. So what happen, because this story ought to be good.”

“Josh tested me, and I aced it,” Addy said.

“Um, you know better than to test her Josh. You do remember she grew up with 4 brothers and played college hockey,” Alex said as he started to look at Josh’s nose. “And sorry to tell you buddy, but it’s broken, and it looks like we’ll get some x-rays done too, just to make sure she didn’t break anything else. So the x-ray tech will be down soon to come get you,” Alex said snickering.

A few minutes later, the x-ray tech came down and got Josh for his x-ray. After he was gone, Alex had to know more details of what happened.

“So what actually happened?” Alex asked sitting down in the chair next to Addy.

“We were at lunch, and he was doing the ‘Oh, Katie said this adorable thing… Katie sent me this cute email,’ and I told him if he kept doing it I would hit him. So, he kept doing it and every time I would punch him in the arm, and on the last one somehow my fist connected with his nose,” Addy shrugged. “Like I said, he tested me and I aced the test. I’m telling you Alex; my patience is wearing thin with these two. But we’re still on for dinner tonight right? You get off around 7:00ish.”

“Yep granted there’s no mass incident. Do you know where you want to go, it’s your week to choose?”

“I don’t know yet, maybe pasta?” Addy said as Alex nodded in agreement. “Oh by the way, Josh still hasn’t told Katie what he does.”

“Not surprising,” Alex said, just as Josh came back from his x-rays and the tech gave Alex the x-rays.

“Thanks. Now let’s look at the damage Addy has done to Josh,” Alex said putting the x-rays on the light box. “Alright, so just as I thought it’s indeed broken, but good news is that she didn’t break anything else.”

“Oh yeah that’s great news,” Josh said sarcastically.

“Just shut up,” Addy said, slapping him upside the head.

“Will you two stop it? You two are worse than some of the kids that came in here. But Josh, I need you to stay still, so I can set your nose, so this might hurt a little,” Alex said grabbing Josh’s nose and setting it.

“FUUUUUUCCCCCKKK!” Josh screamed as Alex set his nose.

“Alright, so maybe it hurt more than a little.”

“Uh, ya think?”

“You’re such a wuss,” Addy said.

“You think I’m a wuss, come here and I show you who’s the wuss,”Josh said.

“Been there, done that.”

“Addy! Josh! Stop it! So I need you to wear this for a week,” Alex said as he started to splint the nose. “And at night, I need you to wear this.” Alex handed Josh a hard brace to wear.

“Yeah, I’m not wearing that,” Josh said.

“Then your nose won’t heal, and if your nose doesn’t heal than you’ll have to have surgery,” Alex said as he held the brace.

“Fine, I’ll wear it!” Josh said snatching it from Alex’s hand.

“Then as soon as you get home, you need to check in with your regular primary care doctor,” Alex said taking off his gloves.  “But for now, just take Tylenol to help ease the pain and swelling”

That’s when they heard a shutter sound, and saw Addy with a huge grin and her phone out.

“Did you just take a photo?” Josh asked.

“Yeah, Katie asked what happened, and so I thought a picture would best describe what happened,” Addy said.

“Alex, your wife might soon be six feet under,” Josh mumbled.

“Addy, waiting room now,” Alex said as Addy made her way to the waiting room.

“Just drop her off back at her office and go back to your hotel, Katie’s, or wherever you’re staying and just rest. You need to lay low and rest up at least a week,” he said handing Josh his discharge papers

“Yeah, yeah,” Josh mumbled as he went go join Addy in the waiting room, but found her waiting outside his rental car in the parking lot.

“You’re DEAD!” Josh said as he got into the passenger seat.

“Oh you wouldn’t kill me, you love me too much,” Addy smirked as she started the car and they headed back to her office.

“Yeah, well that’s changing right now,” Josh said closing his eyes (which were black and blue) and sinking in his seat.

 

Ten minutes later they arrived back at the Addy and Katie’s office.

“You know you could have just dropped me off. You didn’t have to come up,” Addy said as her and Josh got off the elevator.

“I wanted to say hi to Katie and to see how her meeting went,” Josh said as Addy gave Lexi a death glare as she walked by.

“I think you just want to show of your new and shiny night guard,” Addy smiled as Josh rolled his eyes

“Why show it off when you’ve probably already sent her a picture?”

“Maybe I didn’t send it to her, and just sent it to Blake and Taylor,” Addy smiled talking about Josh and Alex’s other close friends.

“Great! Thanks Addy!” Josh said.

“No problem,” Addy said, as they rounded the corner and ran into Katie, who let out a yelp at the site of Josh.

“Oh my god! What happened?” Katie asked staring at Josh, with his nose splint on and his two black eyes.

“His nose broke,” Addy said.

“How did your nose break?”

Josh just pointed at Addy.

“What did you do Addy?”

“He tested me, which he knows not to do and this ended up being the consequence,” Addy shrugged, and then started to laugh. “You should show her your awesome night guard that you have to wear at night!”

Josh just glared at her.

“But I have to go to the bathroom, so yes Katie, ask him about his night guard,” Addy laughed again making her way to the woman’s restroom.

“Hey, before you go, do you and Alex have plans tonight?”

“Yeah, it’s weekly date night,” Addy said before disappearing into the bathroom.

Katie then turned to Josh, “So are you going to show me this lovely night guard you have to wear?”

"No." Josh grumbled.

"Aww come on Josh."

"Kate," Josh warned. "Come on, let's just go."

"Where are we going?"

"To your apartment."

"Great! Then I get to see this night wear."

"Brat."

He put his arm around her waist. "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Ok what's that?"

Leaning forward he pressed his lips softly for a light kiss. "Move in with me."

"What?"

"Let's take this to the next step. I really like you and you really like me, so let's try."

Katie stood there staring at him. She really didn't know what to say or do.

"Josh... I don't know."

"Come on Kate. How about we talk it over some take out at your place?"

Biting her lip she continued staring at him. Was she really ready for that kind of a relationship? Were they moving to fast? He was right on the fact that she liked him, but was it enough to move in? Well you only live once right?

"Ok Josh."

"Really?"

"Yea let's do it."

"That makes me so happy," he said smiling wide.

"What makes you so happy?" Addy asked walking up.

"We're going to move in together," Josh said grinning and kissing Katie's cheek.

"You are what?" Addy exclaimed looking at Katie.

"We are going to take the next step and move in together," Katie gulped taking a deep breath.

"You are joking."

"No Addy, I think we are ready for this."

"Ok," she said slowly. "Well Alex is coming to pick me up for our date night, so you two have a good night."

"Have a good time Addy," Josh said taking Katie's hand.

"Tell Alex I said hi."

"Well do. Good night guys."

"Good night."

Addy walked away shaking her head. Her friends were crazy, that’s for sure. Grabbing her things and closing her office door, she headed to for the entrance where Alex was waiting for her.

"Hey babe," Alex said kissing her cheek. "How was the rest of the day? You didn't hit Josh again did you?"

"No I didn't. Although I should have." Addy said mumbling the last part.

"What did Katie say when she saw him?"

"She didn't really say anything. She didn't yell at me so that has to be a good thing."

"That's good. I did think it was quiet funny."

"I thought so too." Addy said smiling.

"Ready for date night?"

"You bet. My favorite night of the week."

"I love you.”

"I love you Alex."

 

"Ready to go?" Josh asked.

"Yep!" Katie replied.

Grabbing her things they walked out together. Josh called for some take out, and on the way back to Katie's apartment they picked up a bottle of wine and takeout.

"So, you sure you want to move in with me?" Josh asked as they sat on the couch.

"Yes I'm sure."

"I'm so happy Katie," he said kissing her bumping his nose and cursed. "Damn stupid nose."

Katie couldn't help the snicker that came out. "Poor baby."

She softly placed a kiss on the black and blue bruise.

"Damn Addy."

"You know we probably both deserve to get hit."

"Yea you're probably right." He said laughing.

"We have to be careful, she is pregnant."

"Yes we do."

"I'm so happy for them."

"I am to. They both deserve it."

He grabbed her shoulders and brought her into his arms holding her. He kissed her head then turned his attention to the movie they were watching. Yea he could do this every night, and it was just perfect.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc