Addy and Alex were having their weekly date night at Geppetos’s Italian Restaurant when Addy told Alex the new news of Josh and Katie.

“Oh, so before you came to pick me up, I was told some new news from our dear friends Katie and Josh”

“And that is…?” Alex asked.

“Josh asked Katie to move in with him.”

“Oh yeah, I knew about that…”

“Wait?! How did you know?”

“Josh asked me if it was a good idea, and I just told him that if he really likes Katie then yes, he should ask her to move in with him.”

“Don’t you think they’re moving a little too fast?”

“No, cause I mean we did move in together while we were dating..”

“Yeah, but we moved in after 4 years of dating, and that’s after we graduated from BU, since we couldn’t live in the dorms anymore, but they’ve only been dating for what 5 or 6 weeks already? I just don’t know about this…,” Addy said. “Plus he still hasn’t told her what he does, so yeah.” 

“Just let them be. Who knows, this could be the best idea they both do together for now. Plus it’s a good test for them,” Alex said. “And I’m sure he’ll tell her about his job soon.”

“True, but remember the last time he asked a girlfriend to move in with him?”

“Addy, I highly doubt Katie is going to cheat on Josh with another guy in their bed… Plus Josh and Tiffany were just a bad combo to start with,” Alex said.

“Oh god… Tiffany. She was annoying, bitchy, and rude to me, but of course super nice to you.”

“She was only nice when Josh was around, when he wasn’t she was just as bitchy and rude to the rest of us, so it wasn’t just you,” Alex said.

“I ran into her when I was back in Boston for Courtney’s baby shower about 2 months ago,” Addy said.

“And..”

“Oh, she just had her normal snarky comments, and I don’t think it dawned on her w hoi was under I said her name, and then she turned into her sweet bitchy self,” Addy shrugged, as their dinners arrived at the table.

 

About 2 hours later, Addy and Alex were leaving Gerpetto’s, when Addy saw Trevor having dinner with a blonde, who was well under 21 years old.

“Hold on Alex, I see someone that I want to say hi too,” Addy smiled, handing him her leftovers.

“Addy,” Alex said, but then saw the same person Addy saw. “Oh, go say hi then.” This should be good, he thought

“Well, it’s so nice to see you Trevor,” Addy smiled. “And who is this with you?”

“Hi, I’m Sara,” the blonde said in a bubbly tone.

“Hi Sara, I’m Addy. The best friend of his ex, Katie, that he likes to stalk,” Addy said, “May I ask your age?”

“Oh I’m..”

“You don’t have to answer that Sara,” Trevor said glaring at Addy.

“Oh I don’t mind- I’m 22.”

“Really? When’s your birthday, I have a younger brother who’s 22,” Addy said lying about the younger brother part.

“April 23, 1997.”

“You’re not good at math are you? Because that would actually make you 17,” Addy said.

“Did I say 1997, actually it was…”

“Don’t even try, you’re gig is over,” Addy said. “Trevor, can I talk to you over here?”

“Sure,” Trevor said.

“Bad move Trevor,” Alex mumbled as he grabbed his phone from his pocket because he knew what was coming, and knew Katie, and even Josh, would want to see what as about to come to Trevor.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Trevor asked.

That’s when Addy punched him straight in his face. “That’s for Katie.” Then she kneed him in the groin. “That’s for all the girls you’ve screwed over.”

Trevor went down to the ground in a world of pain, and that’s when Addy kicked him, “And that’s just for being a fucking ass.”

“Alex, you’re a doctor help me! Your wife is crazy.”

“That’s one of the things I love about her, and I don’t think so on the helping part,” Alex said handing the leftovers back to Addy.

“Alright, I’m ready to go now,” Addy smirked as Sara ran to Trevor’s side and everyone in the restaurant was staring at them.

“Alright, well than let’s go home than,” Alex said as they left the restaurant. “So how’s your hand? Because, that’s 2 people you’ve punched in less than 12 hours.”

“It hurts a little. Despite what Josh says I didn’t him that hard, but Trevor’s, that was 2 years in the making,” Addy said looking at her hand as they got in the car. “I’ll just put ice on it when we get home. No biggie.”

They were on their way home, when they stopped at a stop sign.

“Can I see your phone, so I can send Katie the photo of Trevor?”  Addy asked.

“Yeah here. Are you sure you don’t want to go to the ER for your hand?” Alex said handing Addy his phone, and continuing through the stop sign. Just as he pushed on the gas, someone hit them from behind, making them jerk forward.

Alex looked over to Addy. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine- a little shaken up though,” Addy said. “What about you?”

“Same here- so far. Stay here and I’ll go and see what happened? Oh and call 911 so we can get the police out here.”

“Okay,” Addy said dialing 911 as Alex went to go check out what happened.

When he got out of the car, he saw another car rammed into the back of their car, and a person dazed and confused in the drivers seat.

“Sir- are you okay?” Alex asked the man, who didn’t look to be any older than 20-years-old.

“Uh what?’ the man said.

Alex could smell the strong odor of alcohol coming from the man, and a cell phone in his hand as if he was texting while driving.

Rolling his eyes, “You were in an accident, you rear-ended the car my wife and I were in,” Alex said to the driver, as he heard sirens in the distance getting louder with each second that passed by. “But are you hurt in anyway?”

“My head hurts,” the man said.

“Okay well I’m going to hold your head, just in case you have a spinal injury,” Alex said as Addy got out of the car.

“Oh my god- is he dead?” Addy asked.

Alex once again rolled his eyes, “No, he’s not dead! Drunk with a head injury maybe but not dead”

“Dude, I’m not drunk,” the guy said trying to move his head to look at Alex.

“Don’t move your head. So is that alcohol smell a new cologne trend?”

“Whatever dude,” the man said just as officers and an ambulance arrived on scene.

“Thanks- we got it from here,” one of the EMTs said to Alex.

“No problem- when asked if he was hurt- he just said his head hurt and plus I didn’t want him to move his spine. I’m one of the ER doctors at Denver General,” Alex said to the EMTs sticking. “Alex Osterberg.”

“Perfect- thanks Dr. Osterberg,” the EMT said as Alex got out of their way.

“You’re welcome,” Alex said heading over to Addy, who was talking to one of the officers on scene.

“Can you tell me what happened?”

“Well I know we were at a stop sign- and it was clear for us to go through the intersection, and the next thing I know someone had hit us from behind,” Addy started.

“Okay anything else?”

“Well after we were hit- I made sure we were both okay, and then checked the other driver. He said his head hurt, and he was dazed and confused. Oh and there was a strong alcohol smell coming from the car, and he was holding his cell phone as if he were texting when the accident happened,” Alex added.

“Are you guys okay?”

“Yep.”

Then the officer got a glimpse of Addy’s swollen hand.

“What about your hand Miss?”

“Oh this? This isn’t from the accident,” Addy said.

“I still want the EMTs to check it out,” the officer said.

Addy sighed in defeat, as she knew better than to argue with the officer. All her hand needed was some ice on it to take the swelling down, although the pain of it was starting to get to her.

“So you think the kid will be alright?” Addy asked Alex as she waited for an EMT.

“I’m sure he’ll be alright, just shook up. Although, he’s going to have one hell of a hangover tomorrow,” Alex said just as the officer came back over to them.

“So was the kid alright?” Addy asked him, as one of the ambulances pulled away.

“Yeah- just shaken up. He did blow a .18 on the Breathalyzer, so he has a DUI charge coming his away, along with being a minor, and we’re still investigating the texting while driving. Has the EMT come over yet?”

“No, but looks like they’re coming this way,” Addy said as one of the EMTs walked up.

“Hello Mrs. Osterberg, my name is Max, and the officer told me you needed medical attention?”

“Um, not really, but I didn’t want to argue with the officer.”

“So what do you need help with?”

“This I guess,” Addy said showing her hand.

The EMT took her hand to look at it and starting his test on it, noticing Addy’s face cringe with pain.

“Ma’am, we’re going to have to take you to the hospital to get this check out.”

“Why?” Addy whined. “I just need to ice it.”

“Well your face says otherwise,” the EMT said. “So just to be on the safe side, I want you to get it checked out.”

Alex finished with the police officer and signing the report, when he approached the two.

“Wanna ride in the ambulance?” Addy smirked.

“They’re sending you to the ER to get checked out huh?”

“Yep! So what’s going to happen to the Outback?”

“Well, they have to tow it to their impound lot and do some more investigations on it, and they said they will call us when they want us to come down and look at it,” Alex said.

“Sounds good.”

“Alright you guys ready?” the EMT asked.

“Yeah, I guess,” Addy said getting into the ambulance with Alex behind her.

“Can we go to Denver General please?” Alex asked.

“Sure,” the EMT said as they were on their way to the hospital.

”Thanks. So, should I call Josh and Katie to come get us from the hospital when we’re done?”

Addy just glared at him, “Just call Katie and Katie only, no Josh.”

“Why? Because you guys were here already today?” Alex laughed

Addy rolled her eyes at her husband, “What about Casey?”

“Nope, he’s outta town, in St. Louis, this weekend for games.”

“Lukas?”

“In Wisconsin for the week, remember we took them to the airport yesterday?”

“Call Erik.”

“He’s probably flying a plane right now Addy.”

“Then call Jakob!”

“I’m not going to call Jakob and have him drive an hour just to drive a mile to take us home, and no I’m not calling your parents either, but I’m calling Katie, and it’s probably more than likely Josh is going to be with her.”

“I hate my family right now,” Addy sighed as they arrived to the ER and were escorted to an exam room.

“Awww- you love your family,” Alex said hugging her. “So I’ll call Katie, while you’re getting x-rays okay?”

“Yeah, okay,” Addy mumbled just as the doctor walked in.

“Hi, Mrs. Osterberg, I’m Dr. Abbot,” the doctor said. “Oh hey Alex, Addy- I thought I recognized the name, but wasn’t sure.”

“Hi Dr. Abbot,” Alex said.

“So what can we do for you guys tonight? I see here on the chart, you guys were in a car accident, and Addy has some type of hand injury”

“Yeah, but the hand injury happened before the accident,” Addy said.

“Oh okay, but you guys are fine otherwise?” Dr. Abbot asked.

“Yeah- a little shaken up, but nothing we can’t handle,” Alex said.

“Alright Addy, let’s have a look at your hand,” Dr. Abbot said taking Addy’s right hand. “So how did you injure it?”

“From a punch that was 2 years in the making, and probably a punch that happened earlier in the day didn’t help it either,” Addy said making a cringing face as Dr. Abbot did his test, just like the EMT did a little awhile ago.

“I’m going to have you get some x-rays, so we can figure out what’s going on and if it’s broken, what part or if it’s just a sprain. So just hang tight Addy, and they’ll come down to get you,” Dr. Abbot said.

“Great- thanks,” Addy rolled her eyes.

“And I’ll go call Katie,” Alex said leaving the area to go make the phone call, leaving Addy to her x-rays.

“Hello?” Katie answered her phone.

“Hey Katie- it’s Alex. I need a favor,” Alex said as he sat on the arm of a chair in the hospital waiting area.

“Um okay anything- what’s going on?”

“Addy and I need a ride home from Denver General.”

“Um why? What happened?”

“Some guy rear ended us on our way home from dinner.”

“What? Are you guys okay? Is the baby okay?”

“Yes, we’re both fine, and yes the baby’s okay. Addy just has a hand injury from a separate incident and the cops wanted us to get it checked out. That’s all.”

“Is this hand injury from her punching Josh?”

“Let’s just say Josh wasn’t the only one she punched today,” Alex said.

That’s when Katie figured out who the other person was, “Nooo.”

“Yep, but Addy should really be the one to share the story and pictures.”

“There are pictures?”

“Yes, and you’re welcome, but Addy should be coming back from x-ray by now. So will you please come get us?”

“Yep, Josh and I are leaving right now.”

“Great! Thank You!” Alex said as they both hung up. He decided not to tell Addy that Josh was coming.

He walked back into the exam room just as Addy was being wheeled in.

“Where you a good little girl for the x-ray tech?” Alex teased patting the top of Addy’s head.

“You know, I can kick you right now and I would have perfect aim,” Addy smiled.

“Oh, I don’t doubt it,” Alex laughed. “Don’t forget I saw you in action earlier.”

“So is Katie coming to pick us up?”

“Yep, she’s on her way.”

“Did she mention if Josh was coming?”

But before Alex had a chance to answer, Dr. Abbot walked in with Addy’s x-rays.

“Alright Addy, so you do in fact have a broken hand.”

Addy closed her eyes tight she really didn’t want this. “Alright, so what does that mean?”

“Well you broke the right hand just under the ring finger knuckle, so you’ll have to wear a splint for 4-6 weeks, and then schedule a follow up appointment with an orthopedic doctor within the next week or so. As for the pain, just take Tylenol as need, just don’t over due it since you’re pregnant,” Dr. Abbot said.

“So I don’t have to wear a cast? Just a splint?”

“Yep,” Dr. Abbot said as he put the splint on Addy’s hand.

“Well alright then, that’s kinda better,” Addy said.

“And the nurse will be in shortly with your discharge papers”

“Thanks Dr. Abbot,” Alex said.

“No problem,” Dr. Abbot smiled and then left the exam room.

Few minutes later Katie and Josh walked in. Katie admittedly went over to Addy and hugged her tightly.

"Oh my gosh are you ok?"

"I'm fine Katie."

"We got here as soon as we got the call. Do you have to stay?"

"No I just have a broken hand."

"Why did you punch Trevor?"

"You told her!" Addy exclaimed looking at Alex.

"I might have mentioned that you had punched someone else,” Alex said backing up.

"Addy, why did you punch Trevor?"

"Because he's an ass. He brought an underage kid to the bar."

"What?"

"Yep, lord what the hell is wrong with the world," Alex said.

"It was two years in the making, he fucking deserved it Katie," Addy defended.

"Man you two have had quite a night," Josh said to Alex.

"You're telling me and all I wanted was a nice evening with my wife."

"You two should take the day off tomorrow and rest."

"Yea I'll have to talk to Addy I don't know what she all has tomorrow."

"Alright you two are all set to head home," the nurse said walking in handing Alex the discharge papers.

"Thank you."

Going over to Addy, Alex put his arm around her shoulders and kissed her cheek.

"Let's go home and crash."

"I think we already crashed," she said with a smirk.

Alex shook his head and laughed.

"Let's go you two," Josh said opening the door.

Filling out of the room they headed towards the parking lot. Josh took Katie's hand into his, and brought it to his lips and kissed her knuckles.

Addy still couldn't believe her friends were going to be living together. She hadn't heard any problems that they were having, so she assumed it was going well. Looking over at Alex she was ready to go home. Placing her hand on her belly she smiled, they were going to be an amazing family.




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc