When they arrived at Addy and Alex’s place, Katie and Josh dropped them off in front of their building.

“Bye you guys,” Josh said

“I’m just so happy you’re okay,” Katie said hugging Addy tightly once again.

“Me too,” Addy mumbled, as she tried to pull away, but Katie wouldn’t let her. “Katie, let me go”

“No!”

“Katie, let Addy go,” Josh laughed.

“No, I almost lost her once already. I don’t want to lose her again,” Katie said.

“I almost can’t breath,” Addy mumbled.

“Katie, you need to let her go,” Josh said as he and Alex helped pry Katie off Addy.

“Fine,” Katie sighed letting Addy go.

“Now, say goodnight,” Josh said as they headed to the car, and Addy and Alex headed inside their building.

“Night! I’ll miss you!” Katie shouted.

“I’ll miss you too!” Addy shouted back before the door closed on her.

The elevator ride up to their floor was a quiet one and Addy was just examining her broken hand, the whole ride. Then as soon as Alex opened the front door, Addy went straight to the bedroom and crashed on the bed falling asleep right away. She wasn’t even in the mood to change out of her work clothes.

 

The next morning, Addy’s alarm went off, as it was Alex’s day off.

“I don’t wanna go to work,” Addy mumbled into her pillow.

“Then don’t. You were just in a car accident the night before, I’m sure they’ll understand,” Alex said rolling onto his back.

Addy turned her head to face him, “I wish I could, but I have this huge presentation with Jim this morning, and I can’t miss it!”

“Have Katie do it for you. You can spare a day, it’s not like you take time off all the time. When was the last time you took a few days off?”

“Um…” Addy thought.

“There’s my point, if it takes that long to think about it, then it’s been away to long. Now where’s your phone, and I’ll call Katie to cover the meeting for you.”

“Ooo now I remember, I took 3 days off for Courtney’s baby shower, and flew back to Boston a few months ago!”

“Um wasn’t that actually 2 days you took off? You flew out on a Thursday and flew back on a Sunday? Anyway, you’re taking today off.”

“Thank you, because I really don’t want to move right now. I’m too comfy to move. Oh and let Katie know that my presentation notes are on my desk labeled, ‘The shops at Union Station.’ But I don’t even remember changing from my work clothes into PJ’s last night.”

“You probably did it when you went to the bathroom in the middle of the night,” Alex said waiting for Katie to pick up the phone.

Addy nodded as if she remembered, and that’s when Katie answered the phone.

“Oooo are you calling for a Starbucks order?” Katie answered.

“Um no, plus this is Alex.”

“Okay, so why are you calling from Addy’s phone?”

“Because I wanted to, plus she’s not coming in today,” Alex laughed. “So can you cover for her for her presentation meeting she has with Jim this morning?”

 “Yeah of course,” Katie said. “Is Addy okay?”

“Yeah just fine. She just wanted some R&R after last night.”

“I don’t blame her there, that girl deserves it.”

“Yeah she does, oh and she says her presentation notes are on her desk labeled ‘Shops at Union Square’ or something like that.”

“Sounds good, and if I have any questions I will call her. But I’ll call her later anyway because I still need the scoop about last night and Trevor.”

“’You got it, I’ll let her know. Thanks ma’am.”

“No problem- tell her to chill and relax,” Katie said.

‘Got it- talk to you later,” Alex said as he hung up the phone and looked over at Addy who was looking at him.

“There you go my dear, no work for you today,” Alex said putting the phone on the side table.

Addy laughed as Alex was positioning himself, so he was hovering over her.

“What are you doing?” she continued to laugh.

“I’m just saying… it’s fine by me, if you never leave,” Alex half sung.

“Osterberg, you’re such a dork,” Addy laughed as Alex kissed her.

“We can lay like this forever,” Alex said again, before kissing her again, this time longer and deeper.

Addy broke the kiss, “Wait- did you just quote Andy Grammer?” she laughed.

Alex smiled down at her, “Maybe… it’s fine by me.” He smirked as he kissed her once again, and the passion was starting to build.

 

Meanwhile back at Pikes Peak Advertising…

Katie walked into Addy’s office and had to roll her eyes, because just like her, Addy also had piled of files in random spots throughout her office, granted it might have looked neater than Katie’s office, but it was still kinda messy. It’s funny how they were alike in so many ways, and really never noticed it before.

Just as Katie was trying to find the file she needed on Addy’s desk, Jim walked in.

“Addy, you ready? Oh hey Katie, where’s Addy?’ Jim said in surprise.

“She decided to take today off. Her and Alex were rear ended last night.”

“Are they okay?”

“Yeah, Addy just has a broken hand from an earlier incident, but yeah they just wanted to stay home. So I’ll cover her in this morning’s meeting,” Katie said as she found the file she was looking for.

“Great! Meet me in my office in 20 minutes, so we can go over everything,” Jim said before leaving for his own office, and leaving Katie in Addy’s office.

Just as Katie picked up the file folder, a business card caught her eye. It was Josh’s.

“What the…” Katie said to herself, as she picked up to read it.

“U.S. Department of Justice- Federal Bureau of Investigation… Joshua Chasez – Cyber Division -  Special Agent. What the fuck?”

This couldn’t be her Josh could it? Katie knew he just traveled a lot for business, but that’s all she knew.

Katie picked up Addy’s office phone, and dialed Addy’s cell phone, as she would be the best person to ask about this. Katie knew she should have called Josh, but she needed to talk to Addy first.

"Hello?” Addy answered, pushing Alex off of her, and causing him to end up on his back on his side of the bed.

"I need to talk to you."

"Don't you have a meeting to be going to? It starts in 5 minutes you know"

"When were you going to tell me Josh worked for the FBI?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Josh! He works for the FBI."

"Duh, you should have known that."

Katie bit her lip, true she had never asked. She knew that he traveled a lot for his job, but he had been stationed here in Denver, so it had to have turned into a desk job. This was not what she thought he did; she was thinking he did something more in the line of sales or something like that.

"Katie!" Addy screamed, as she watched Alex head into the bathroom.

"What!" Katie said realizing she was on the phone. "I have to go."

"Katie! What the hell is wrong with you? How did you not know what Josh did?"

"I have to go,” and with that she hung up grabbed what she needed for the meeting.

Addy looked at her phone hearing the “call end” tone, and mumbled, “What the hell just happen?“

"Who was that?" Alex asked from the bathroom.

"Katie."

"Isn't she suppose to be in a meeting for you?"

"She didn't know what Josh did."

"What! They've been seeing each other for a little while now. How could she not know?"

"I have no idea. She's shocked that he works for the FBI."

"I think she's pulling your chain because you’re are making her go to your meeting."

"I don't think so Alex. She seemed generally confused that I didn't tell her that he worked for the FBI." Picking up her phone Addy looked for a number. 

"Who you calling?" Alex asked going over to the bed, where Addy was.

"Josh."

"Maybe that's not a good idea,” Alex said trying to grab the phone away from Addy, but it was too late.

"Josh,” Addy smiled.

"Hey Addy, how you feeling?" Josh asked.

"I'm fine. Just received a call from your girlfriend, who also happens to be one of my best friends."

"Oh yea?" 

"Why is she calling me shocked that you work for the FBI. Haven't you fucking told her? I thought you were going to tell her last night?"

"Hmm..." Josh hummed. 

"Are you freaking kidding me right now?" Abby exclaimed.

"What!?"

"Seriously, if I hear that word one more time I'm going to beat someone."

"Isn't that why you broke your hand?” Josh laughed.

"Joshua Scott!" 

"Addy Kjersten! Look I just didn't want her to know."

"Why?"

"I didn't want her to worry."

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Addy I have to go."

"You should’ve just told her Josh." 

"I'll make it up to her. Just let me handle this."

"Fine, better fix it dumbass. Maybe you should return your degrees back to Penn and Maryland"

"I can take care of my own problems Addy."

"Not that I can see." Addy said rolling her eyes.

With that Josh hung up. He bit his lip as he stared down at the papers on his desk. He knew he should have told her maybe he could catch her. Grabbing his phone he quickly dialed her number. 

"Hello."

"Katie, sweetheart."

"I can't talk right now Josh. I’m on my way to a meeting."

"We need to talk, I should have told you."

"Why didn't you?"

"My job just isn't that big of a deal. It's what I do."

"Working for the FBI is a pretty big deal Josh."

"No it's not. Yes I carry a gun, yes I go after people, but it's what I do. It’s what my grandfather did, and something I’ve been doing since I graduated. So like I said, it’s no big deal."

"And you didn't think letting me in on that would be a big deal?"

"No."

"Katie it's time for the meeting." Jim said impatiently.

"I'm coming. Look, I have to go Josh."

"Wait, please Katie."

"I just don't like that I had to find out by finding your business card on Addy's desk."

"I'm sorry."

"I have to go," Katie whispered hanging up her phone.

Josh, pissed off, threw his phone on his desk. Why couldn't things be easier?

"Who you talking to?" Tim, Josh’s partner, asked walking up. 

"My girlfriend."

"When do I get to meet this chick?"

"Never," Josh smirked. 

"Aww, is that how to treat your partner?" Tim said as he sat on the edge of Josh’s desk.

"You aren't going to meet my girlfriend."

"What? Are you afraid I'm going to steal her?"

Josh laughed dryly. "She wouldn't have any interest in you. You sir, just have no manners."

"So what were you and your girlfriend talking about?" Tim asked ignoring him. 

"I didn't tell her what I did for a living."

Tim laughed hard. "You're an idiot Josh."

"Shut up. Come on let's go to work."

"You're gonna be in the dog house… no sex for you,” Tim teased.

"Shut up Tim." Josh rolled his eyes, as they went to their morning briefing.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc