"Addy, let it go," Alex said from the couch. “You want me to start singing the song for you?”

"No! And I can't! He kept that from her," Addy said from the kitchen, as she poured herself some cereal.

"Oh Addy…" Alex said sighing, getting up from the couch, and headed towards the kitchen.

"This is not going to be good."

"They can handle it,” Alex said, as he jumped up to sit on the counter.

"No they can't."

"You're meddling."

"No I'm not." Addy said, taking a bite of her cereal and leaned up against the opposite counter.

"Let them figure it out."

"She's my friend."

"And he's our friend,” Alex said reaching out and grabbing Addy, pulling her so she was in between his legs.

"This is ridiculous."

"Addy relax."

Addy let out a laugh, “When do I ever relax? I don’t think I know the meaning of the word, relax”

Alex smiled, “True, but I know one way to get you to relax.” He grabbed her cereal bowl and put it in the sink.

“Hey! I wasn’t done eating that,” Addy pouted, just as Alex kissed her.

Addy broke the kiss. “Well, I don’t think my doctor wants me to play pickup hockey while pregnant”

Alex smiled.

“That’s not what I was thinking,” he said kissing her again.

“I know another way,” he smirked hopping off the counter, grabbing Addy’s non-broken hand, and guiding her back to the bedroom.

“Fine… but you owe me another bowl of cereal,” Addy smirked.

 

Back at Pikes Peak Advertising, Katie was sitting at the large conference table and just stared at the men who were there. They were talking and she was trying to follow but her mind was elsewhere.

How could Josh not tell her, and keep it from her? Yes she hadn't asked him, but he could have just come out with it like, "Hey Kate I carry a gun and go after bad people." That wouldn't have been so hard.

Why could he just be upfront with her?

The meeting went on and Katie became even more distracted. She really needed to talk to Addy.

That’s when she was brought out of her own mind, when she kept hearing her name over and over again by Jim.

“Katie! Katie!”

Katie looked up, “I’m sorry, Jim. What did you ask again?”

Jim just looked at her, “Do you have anything to add?”

She looked down at the papers in front of her, “I don’t believe so.”

“Great. Thank you gentlemen for you time, and I’ll have Addy follow up with you when she gets back tomorrow,” Jim said as he stood and shook hands wit the clients. Katie stood up as well collecting her things. “And Katie, I want to see you in my office now!”

Katie sighed and nodded as she left the conference room to drop off her things in her office, and that’s when she decided to head over to Addy and Alex’s place, instead of going to Jim’s office. Katie already knew she was in deep shit with Jim about the meeting, so might as well be in deeper shit by not going to his office right?



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc