Addy and Alex were lying in their bed, when someone was constantly knocking at their front door.

They both looked at each other and shrugged. Alex got out of bed, pulled on his jeans and a t-shirt, and went to go answer the door. Addy then herself got out of bed, put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt to go see who was at the door herself.

“Katie!” Alex said opening the door.

“Hey Katie!” Addy said popping her head through the top of her t-shirt. “What are you doing here? How did my meeting go?”

Katie rolled her eyes. “Meeting went just find, I think, I’m not sure, I don’t know. I wasn’t paying attention, I was supposed to be meeting with Jim afterwards in his office… but how can you guys not tell me Josh was in the FBI?”

Addy rolled her eyes. “Oh Katie- you’re not going to be on Jim’s good side when you get back to the office…. But I know I’ve been out of the dating scene for the last 15 years or something like that, but isn’t that a question you ask each other on the first date? Something along the lines of ‘So Alex, what do you do for work?”

Alex looked up from a magazine he was reading, and just looked at Addy like she was crazy. “Um, you know what I do.”

“Just play along here,” Addy said through gritted teeth. “So Alex, what is it you do for work?”

“I’m a doctor, and what do you do for work Addy?” Alex said playing along, however never taking his eyes off of the magazine.

“I work in advertising,” Addy said. “Isn’t that how it usually goes on a first date? Or has it recently changed?”

Katie looked between Alex and Addy, “Well… kinda, but I still don’t get why you guys didn’t tell me?”

That’s when Alex’s text message alert went off.

Hey- is Katie there? She wasn’t at her office or her apartment  -Josh

“So Addy- was there a reason you didn’t tell me?”

“Well, because like I said, I thought you guys would have talked about it on the first date?”

Alex then responded to Josh.

Yep- just showed up

“What did you guys talk about on your first date? Since you guys were at Bliss for quite a while after we left,” Addy asked.

“Stuff,” Katie said taking a seat on the couch.

“And not once, did the job thing come up?” Addy said, sitting on the arm of the couch.

“Well kinda- all he said was that he traveled a lot and that was it, we changed the subject.“

Then there was a knock on the door.

“I’ll get it,” Alex said getting up from the chair, and headed to the front door.

“Addy- you still haven’t answered my question of why didn’t you tell me?” Katie said.

“Because it’s not my responsibility to tell you,” Addy said.

“Hey,” Alex said to Josh.

Josh walked into the loft, “Hey.”

“As my best friend, yes it is,” Katie said.

“Um I don’t think it is? Sitting next to you in a jail cell? Sure! But telling you something that you should have asked yourself, I don’t think it is, but I could be wrong,” Addy shrugged. “Like I said, I’ve been away from the dating scene for a while.”

"Katie," Josh said softly watching. 

"What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk."

"Sorry Josh, I'm not ready to talk to you. You could have told me. Why would you keep it from me?"

"Katie, please." He held out his hand hoping she would take it, but she of course refused. 

Katie shook her headed annoyed. Her boyfriend carried a gun, and went after bad people. How was she supposed to deal with that? How would she know he would be safe?

"My job is my job Katie, just like your job is your job."

"You carry a freaking gun," Katie exclaimed as she threw her hands in the air. 

Alex and Addy looked at each other. 

"It’s something you need to get used to."

"I can't get used to that. You could get killed."

Josh shook his head in disbelief. His girlfriend was being ridiculous. The room went silent, and Addy and Alex could only watch their friends. Katie stood looking at her feet with her arms crossed with the look of hurt and anger in her face. A cell phone went off breaking the silence, Josh recognized it being his, and digging in his pocket he brought it up to his ear. 

"Hello. I'm with my girlfriend I can't talk right now. No Tim."

Alex grabbed the phone. "He'll call you back."

"Alex!" Josh exclaimed through his teeth. 

Addy grabbed Katie's arm while Alex grabbed his friends. They dragged them to their guest bedroom, soon to be baby room, pushing the two in, and closed the door locking it.

Josh could only start to laugh as he sat on the bed. Crossing his arms, Katie only scowled. 

"Addy let me out!" She yelled slamming her fist on the door. 

"Katie, baby, they want us to talk."

"I'm mad at you and I don't want to talk."

"Katie," Josh said calmly. 

"Talk to him Katie," Addy said through the door. 

"Open the damn fucking door."

Josh stood up and walked over to his pissed off girlfriend. Katie could fell him behind her, closing her eyes she tried ignoring him. 

"I'm sorry."

"Just stop,” Katie said holding up her hand.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry."

"I was worrying already."

"I'm a good agent, Katie really good," he said with a smirk.

"Cocky much."

"I have a great partner who has my back. It's ok. Please let's stop this."

Katie turned in his arms and looked up into his blue eyes. "I’m still mad at you."

"What if I made it up to you."

"And how do you plan to do that?"

"By kissing you."

Katie raised her eyebrows. Before she could even respond his lips were on hers. The bad thing was he was correct as soon as their lips contacted she was over it. Damn his lips. 

"I love you." 

Katie backed up and looked back up into the blue eyes. She melted in his arms. Damn blue eyes. Was she sure about this? They hadn't been dating that long, but when she looked at him, she knew that she was in love with him. Without even thinking about it more she whispered the three words she thought she would never say again. 

"Addy what are you doing?" Alex asked.

"Trying to listen. They are right by the door, so be quiet."

"Addy let them be."

Addy eyes widen when she heard Josh say I love you. They were really serious. 

"What?" Alex asked curious. 

"He said I love you."

"Woah! Did Katie say it?"

"Not yet so be quiet."

Alex rolled his eyes, and held out his hand to her. “Let’s go grab some coffee, and maybe swing by the police department to follow up on last night’s accident.”

Addy grabbed his hand and sighed, “Fine, let’s go.”

Alex smiled as they headed out the front door, just as Addy’s phone went off. Addy looked at it and it was Jim calling.

 

Meanwhile back at the loft:

"I love you too Josh."

"See feels better doesn't it," he said with a smirk as he kissed her again. 

Katie looked up and scowled. "Don't get cocky Josh."

"Me never. I love you." 

Moving back slightly she pinched the back of his arm. 

"Ouch Kate."

"You still kept you job away from me," she snapped. "But I love you Josh and I just don't want to get that call."

"You never will," he whispered placing his hand softly on his cheek. "I'll always be here baby." 

"I hope you can keep that promise," Katie said looking up at him. 

Before he could say anymore his phone went off, digging it out of his pocket answering it. 

"Chasez. Ok… I'll be right there." Hanging up Josh kissed his girlfriend deeply, holding her close to him. He finally had to tear himself away. "I have to go baby."

Katie stood in front of him trying to catch her breath. Damn him. "Will I see you tonight?"

"I'll be home soon."

"Ok." 

Kissing her once more on the lips then on her forehead. He tried the door surprised it opened and that he didn't see his friends standing there. Looking back at Katie he smiled. 

"Love you baby girl."

"Love you to Josh."

"See you later."

"I'll be home." He smiled leaving the loft. 

Katie just stood in the bedroom doorway smiling. She couldn't believe she had actually told him I love you, and that he told her the same thing. Her heart skipped a few beats. Grabbing her purse she headed out of the loft and back to face Jim at work.

 

Alex held the door to Starbucks opened as Addy answered her phone.

“Hi Jim.”

“Addy –please say you’re going to be back tomorrow.”

“Uh.. yeah… why?”

“Just plan on following up with your clients regarding today’s meeting”

“What do you want?” Alex mouthed to Addy.

“Tall non-fat strawberry cream frap,” Addy mouthed back.

Returning back to the phone, “Okay… I was planning on following up with them anyway like usual”

“Great… have you seen Katie recently? Like in the last hour or so?”

“Nope, I haven’t seen Katie lately why?” Addy asked, getting a disapproving look from Alex. She just rolled her eyes at him, and went to go grab a seat by the window.

“I told her to meet me in my office after the meeting, but she disappeared and I can’t find her. She’s not answering her phone or her text messages.”

“I’m sure she’ll be back soon,” Addy said as Alex sat down across from her with their drinks.

“Well since you two are basically attached at the hip, will you try and get a hold of her and tell her to report to my office immediately?”

“Yeah, I’ll try, but no guarantees Jim. And if and when she comes back, heads up she just found out that her boyfriend works with the FBI, and she’s still grasping that.”

“Thanks Addy, and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

‘Yep, bye,” Addy said hanging up the phone.

“What was that all about?” Alex asked taking a sip of his coffee.

“Jim’s just trying to find Katie, as she was supposed to be in his office right after the meeting, but disappeared instead,” Addy said taking a sip of her Frappuccino and texted Katie.

Stop having sex and get your ass back to the office! Jim is pissed- he just called me trying to find you!  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc