The next day, Katie was at her desk trying not to fall asleep when Addy walked in, Katie didn’t hear her.

“Hey,” Addy said throwing a crumbled piece of paper at her.

“Uh what?” Katie mumbled waking up and leaning forward in her chair.

“At this rate, you’re going to give me Starbucks gold status for another few years. Why are you falling asleep anyway?” Addy asked handing Katie her venti size coffee.

“I couldn’t sleep last night, my brain was in over drive,” Katie said.

“So did you really kick Josh out for not picking up clothes or the dirty dishes in the sink?” Addy asked.

“No… is that what he told you guys?”

“Yeah, and I knew it was something else besides cleanliness,” Addy said looking around Katie’s messy, but organized, office.

“He called me Tiffany,” Katie said looking up at Addy. “I didn’t know what to do. What do I do Addy?”

“Um well…” Addy started. “We can figure it out tonight after work, because you and I are going dinner and shopping. I need some new clothes, as my hair tie trick isn’t going to last long.” Addy said lifting up her shit to show Katie her growing stomach and the hairband stretching almost to the max which were helping keep Addy’s pants on.

“Awww, look at your belly,” Katie smiled

"Alright, alright knock it off. So are you up to some shopping?" Addy asked as she covered her stomach back up.

"Of course!."

"Great you can buy me dinner tonight."

"Oh really?" She asked smirking.

"Yep, I'll be back at the end of the day." She waved and headed out of the office.

Katie waved back and went back to work. She had a meeting to get ready for, but all she could think about was what happened between her and Josh. It bothered her that he didn't think anything of it. Why should he, he's a guy, they don't get that sort of shit. Angrily she shook her head she needed to concentrate. Maybe tonight she could see what Addy truly thought and could help her.

 

Both of them had a long day and couldn't wait to get out of the office. Addy walked into her friend’s office.

"Please tell me you are ready I can't take much more of this place."

"Yep just let me close down my computer."

“Come on hurry up!”

“I’m coming, I’m coming” Katie laughed, and with that the two of them left the office and were headed out for their girl time.

As they were on their way to Azteca Mexican Restaurant, Addy got a text from Alex.

Hope you girl time goes better than this guys night right now

Why? Not having fun yet? - Addy replied.

Nope- Josh is sulking, Noah is trying to get in some girl’s pants and Casey is being Casey– Alex responded.

Poor baby! Get some beers in those guys and then you’ll have fun in no time

Addy pushed send and then put her phone away just as they arrived at the restaurant, and they soon got seated.

After Katie and Addy ordered their food, Katie decided then to ask Addy about her situation.

“So what do I do Addy? He called me Tiffany. You know Tiffany, now I wanna know what she’s like. Am I over analyzing and over thinking this?”

Addy took a deep breath, “Yes, you’re over thinking and over analyzing it, and no you don’t want to know what Tiffany is like, let’s just leave it at that. And after having some thought about what happened, I think it was a honest mistake that he made.”

“Really?”

“Yes, and this is how I see it. Did you ever while at school, accidently called your teacher, “mom” or “dad” by mistake and you immediately regretted it?”

“Yeah, so?”

“This is kind of the same thing.”

“I don’t know Addy…”

“Trust me. Josh already feels bad enough about it, and you over thinking it isn’t going to help. He knows it was a mistake. Don’t let this one fight get in between you two, because if you let this one come between you guys, what about the next fight? You guys just have to talk it out,” Addy said. “And in fact, I’ve accidently called Alex, Tanner, before and vice versa, hell I’ve even called Alex, ‘Hey You,’ and my brothers names before, but we’ve talked about it and told each other why we did it. It’s just a bump in the relationship road, we got over it, and so will you guys.”

Katie sat taping her finger against her forehead while thinking of what her friend had told her. “But I really wanna know about Tiffany.”

“Let’s just say I have nothing nice to say about her. She’s kinda a mix of Lexi and someone who’s famous for doing nothing. She comes from a very well off family, hasn’t worked a day in her life, daddy provides everything for her, and she thinks she’s the princess of the world, and everyone should bow down to her,” Addy said.

Katie stuck up her nose. "She sounds pleasant."

"Trust me she's not. If you encounter her you will need a shot of tequila. Actually you’ll need more than one shot of tequila."

"I will keep that in mind."

"So besides the whole Tiffany thing how is everything going with the two of you?"

"It's pretty good. I can't complain."

"And the sex?" Addy said wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Addy!" Katie exclaimed. "I am not one to kiss and tell."

"Oh come on you can tell me. How is it?"

Katie smirked and took a drink of her beer. "It's good."

"That's all I get. Damn you women."

Shrugging her shoulders Katie laughed. Their meal came and they started eating, keeping the conversation going. It was nice having some girl time, and some shopping therapy. 

After talking to Addy about the situation, Katie’s mind eased up a little. Addy was right, it was just a little bump in the road, and Josh honestly didn’t mean to call her Tiffany, as was evident in the multiple apology emails, voice mails, and text messages Katie got throughout the day. Everything just might turn out okay between her and Josh.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc