2 years later

 

Addy Osterberg walked off the elevator and into Pikes Peak Advertising whistling her favorite tune of the moment and a coffee in her hand. 

With a quick hello to the receptionist, she dropped her things off at her office, and headed down the hall to her co-worker & friend Katie Rodger’s office. 

She walked in to see Katie on the phone, so she just placed the coffee on the desk and sat in the chair across from Katie. 

Katie gave her an odd-look and finished her call up, while Addy just sat there smiling at her. 

“Alright lady, what do you want?” Katie asked.

“What makes you think I want anything? Can’t I just bring a good friend a good cup of coffee?” Addy replied.

“Um no, you usually want something,” Katie laughed.

“Fine, do you have plans for tonight?”

“Kinda, why?”

“Well… One of Alex’s oldest friends is in town, and we’re going to grab drinks and dinner after work, and we wanted you to join us,” Addy smiled.

“Then yes, I defiantly have plans."

Addy rolled her eyes, “I don’t think laying on your couch and eating a pint of Ben & Jerry’s while watching reality TV constitutes as plans. So come on, please, for me?”

“Fine, I’ll come,” Katie sighed as Addy stood up.

“Yay! I’ll let Alex know,” Addy said as she headed back to her office.

“Thanks for the coffee!” Katie yelled taking a sip, Addy just waved in response already texting Alex. “Oh Lordy, what have I just got myself into?” Katie sighed leaning back in her chair.  

She hadn't dated in over two years. Not since Trevor Bratcher. The man who ripped her heart out and left it to die. She didn't know if she would ever get over that. Addy had tried hooking her up since then, but each time she had turned her down. She had no idea why she agreed this time; maybe she was tired of being alone. 

Shifting in her seat looking down at her papers, how was she supposed to work now? Shaking her thoughts away she went back to work. 

Around 5:30, Addy popped into Katie’s office. 

“Hey, you ready?”

“Yeah, I guess,” Katie said packing up her things and locking her office. 

“Oh it won’t be that bad. Josh is one of the nicest guys I know, and that’s saying a lot for some of Alex’s friends,” Addy said as they got onto the elevator. 

“So where are we going anyway?"

“Bliss- the new restaurant that opened down the street,” Addy said as her text message alert went off. “Alex says they are at the bar and once we get there they’ll seat us.” 

"Are you really sure about this Addy?"

"Girl you need to move on and get over it. It's about time you have some damn fun."

Katie only gave her a pained look. 

"Knock it off its only drinks and dinner. It's not gonna kill you."

"It means I could get drunk."

"You are driving me crazy, now let's go."

"Do I look alright?" Katie asked pulling at her skirt.

"You look just fine. Stop stalling." 

The two walked into the restaurant. The place was busy for a Monday night, but again it just opened the week before. 

Addy and Katie weaved their way through everyone on their way to the bar, and that’s when Alex saw them. 

“Hey! She actually made it!” Alex said taking Addy in for a hug and a quick peck on the lips. 

“Yep, and this time I didn’t have to go run after her,” Addy smiled. 

“Hey Katie,” Alex said. 

“Hey Alex,” Katie smiled back.  

“So where’s Josh?” Addy asked as Alex handed her a glass of water. “Thanks.” 

“Went to the restroom, so he’ll be back. Can I get you anything to drink Katie?” 

“Just a Blue Moon would be great,” Katie smiled.

“You got it,” Alex smiled, and told the bartender, who got the beer. 

“Addy!” Josh smiled and hugged (well more like smothered her) from behind, surprising her. 

“Hi Josh,” Addy mumbled pulling away. “So how was your flight?” 

“It was okay, nothing too exciting,” Josh said taking a drink of his beer. 

“Oh! Josh this is Katie & Katie this is Josh,” Addy said introducing the two, but before they can even say “Hi” to each other the hostess came over. 

“Mr. Osterberg, you table is ready,” the hostess said. 

"Great! Let's go." Addy said with a great big smile. This was going to be a fun dinner. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc