Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally getting to update!! Thank you for all who have been reading, but please let us know what you think.

Back in Addy’s Office

 

Addy was on the phone with Alex seeing if there was anything they could to help Katie. 

“I mean can we get her in to see one of your neurologist doctor friends?” 

“I’ll try, but Addy it won’t be easy because somehow you’ll have to convince Katie to actually come to the appointment. Maybe we should try and get her to see a therapist. I mean there has to be a way to figure out what’s going on with her,” Alex said. 

That’s when a light bulb went off in Addy’s head. “Actually Alex, hold that thought, I’ll call you back,” she said before hanging up the phone leaving Alex confused on the other end. 

Addy grabbed a notepad and ran down to Katie’s office, she didn’t want to loose the idea she had going on in her head. 

When she got to the office, Katie was on the phone, so Addy started doing the “hurry up and get off the phone” dance. Katie said good-bye to whoever was on the other end, and just looked at Addy. 

“What are you doing?” Katie asked, hanging up the phone as Addy sat in the chair across from her. If Alex was going to take his sweet time getting a neurologist involved, well Addy was going to play therapist. 

“Okay, so you say that you remember this whole other life from like 5 years ago, and nothing from then to now correct?” 

“Uh yeah, what are you getting at?” Katie asked staring at her friend. 

“Well, what do you remember from that night, the night before this all happened?” Addy asked while opening her notebook and getting ready to write down Katie’s answers. 

“Well…” Katie started. “You and I went out for drinks and dinner, but you couldn’t drink because you were pregnant, but I need some girl talk because Josh and I had another big fight…” 

“Hm um, and were you and Josh fighting often?” Addy asked just as Jim popped his head in. 

“You two are working right?” Jim asked looking between the two. 

“Yeah, just throwing ideas around for a client,” Addy smiled. 

“Good,” Jim said before. 

Katie continued. “Well more often than not, we had just moved in together after only being together for a month or so.” 

“Do you remember what the fight was about?” 

“No, not really, but we did have a few about his job and how he called me Tiffany a few times, but don’t remember this one. It was probably about something stupid,” Katie said. “And at that point, he was probably just getting on my nerves.” 

Katie just watched Addy for a second, as she was writing everything down. 

“Are you writing this down?” 

Addy looked up from her notes. “Yeah, I just wanna try and help you because I know this is stressing you out. So go on, what else happened that night that you remember?” 

“Well, somehow Trevor came up in the conversation and…” then that’s when it dawned on Katie, she covered her mouth in shock. 

“And… what happened?” Addy asked, looking at her friend. 

“Then I think I said something like, did I make the right choice with Josh and mentioned that I wondered what my life would be like had I stayed with Trevor, and something along the lines of is the grass always greener on the other side kinda thing,” Katie said looking at Addy. “Oh, then I kinda remember getting into bed with Josh, but sleeping like shit, tossing and turning, so I got up to go to the bathroom to take a sleeping pill, and there was a weird single lightning strike, and then I just went back to bed.”

Katie watched Addy finish writing. “Do you think it had something to do with what I said that night and it turned into a Freaky Friday type thing?” 

Addy looked at her notes as she stood up. “I don’t know lady, but I’ll try and help you kinda of figure out what’s going on, and if not at least get the last 5 years back.”

Well, I’m thinking of making a trip to Boston…” Katie started. 

“Please don’t… at least not yet,” Addy interrupted, and with that she was on her back to her own office. 

When she got back to her office, she noticed multiple missed calls and text from Alex. Just as she was about to call him, her desk phone rang and she didn’t even need to look at the caller ID to know who it was. 

“I told you I would call you back, so there was really no need for all the phone calls and text,” Addy said. 

“Sorry, but I know how you get when that light bulb goes off in your head,” Alex said. 

“So, do you wanna know what I found out or not?” Addy asked, starting to get impatient. 

“What did you find out?” 

“Well Katie might have experienced some kind of Freaky Friday kind of thing,” Addy said as Alex started to laugh. “Fine if you wanna laugh, laugh, but that just means I’m going to hang up and I won’t tell you the details.”

“Fine, I’ll stop laughing, but Addy, you have to know something like that doesn’t exist right? It’s just something that happens in the movies,” Alex said. 

“You know what? I’m just going to hang up,” Addy said rolling her eyes. 

“No, Addy please don’t hang up. I’m sorry, what did you find out?” Alex asked just as he got a page. “Actually, tell me later, I just got paged, so I have to go.”

“Bye. Love you”

“Love you also, and I promise I do want to know what you found out,” Alex said. 

“Yeah okay, I’ll just talk to you later,” Addy said hanging up the phone, then rubbing her face in frustration and letting out a big frustrated groan. 

Throughout the afternoon, Addy kept trying to Google some of what Katie was experiencing, but nothing came up. 

A few doors down, Katie was debating on if she should hit the “purchase” button on the travel website she was on. But every time she was about to hit it, Addy’s voice kept creeping up telling her not to do it, so she closed the website and grabbed her phone. 

She typed, “Grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner?” and hit send. 

Never in a thousand years did she think she would send a text like that to Trevor, but it seemed like second nature to her, and for some reason the talking to Addy about what happened might have helped her a little. 

At the end of the day, Addy stopped by Katie’s office to say goodbye. 

“So, just wanted to stop by and say have a good night,” Addy smiled.

“You too. Wait! What are you guys doing tonight?” Katie asked. 

“Um… well Alex is working and so it’s just me and the twins, so we’ll just probably watch a movie or something. Why?” 

“Why don’t you guys come over? We’re having grilled cheese and tomato soup,” Katie smiled wiggling her eyebrows up and down. 

Addy had to laugh. “Um thanks, but no thanks, I don’t think Trevor wants to see me for awhile. Plus it’ll be good for the three of you to be together without us around and get back into the routine. So you have a good night, and I’ll see you tomorrow.” And with that Addy was on her way home. 


Incomplete
daysgoby is the author of 16 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked The Unexpected Surprises of Life also liked 29 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc