"I just don't get why they're pissed off at me," Addy said as Alex unlocked their front door and both walked in. Let’s just say it was a quiet short ride home.

"Really Addy? You interrupted their date," Alex said locking the door. 

"Which I wouldn't have if they just told me what happened, this whole thing could have been avoided," Addy said dishing up herself some of the take out Alex got for dinner. 

"True," Alex said sitting on the couch and turning on the Rockies baseball game. "But, then again, maybe they wanted some more time to get to know each other without either of us butting in, just to see how they really click."

Addy rolled her eyes, as she sat next to him on the couch with her dinner. "It still doesn't matter, if they would have just told me before hand, I wouldn't have spied on them. Plus, I think he's forgotten that he did the same thing to us 15 years ago," she said raising her eyebrows and taking a bite of her dinner. 

"What are you talking about?" Alex asked not taking his eyes off the TV.

"Spring Break-Freshman year- visiting your parents - dinner - spyers," Addy hinted. 

"Again, I don't know what you're talking about," he said looking at her, while she continued to eat

Addy rolled her eyes, but she wasn’t all that surprised when Alex wouldn’t remember what went on that night. 

"We went out to dinner with your parents my first ever night in town and Josh, Blake, and Taylor were at the restaurant spying on us because they wanted to know if I was a real person or an imaginary girlfriend that you were making up."

"Oh... ohhh," Alex said as he suddenly remembered that night. "That's right, and then after they revealed themselves, or we discovered them, my parents invited them to join us."

"Exactly, so I don't know why this is any different than what he did back then." 

"Well first of all, we were what 18/19 years old back then, and now we're in our 30s and shouldn't be doing those things." 

"Yeah, but we still do it to Casey and his dates."

"That's different Addy, we all know Casey's dating streak, plus he tells us to be there so we can be his scapegoat for when the date goes spiraling down into the ground." 

"Whatever, if they're mad at me, they're mad at me, and I can't do anything about it," Addy said putting her plate on the coffee table, and snuggling unto Alex to watch the end of the baseball game. "Plus, I don't know why I do it." 

"I think it's because you care deeply or your friends, and just want to see everyone happy, which is one of the reasons why I fell in love with you," Alex said kissing Addy on the top of her head, which was resting on his chest. 

Addy just smiled as she closed her eyes and fell asleep, as Alex watched the baseball game. 

 

Around midnight, Alex’s text message alert kept going off, causing Addy to wake up and notice they both fell asleep on the couch with the TV still on. The alert went off again, so she woke Alex.

“Hey your phone is going off,” Addy said as she kept hitting him on the arm.

“Huh? What?” Alex said trying to wake up.

“Your phone is going off. I thought you weren’t on call this week,” Addy said turning off the TV, and taking the dinner plate she had put on the coffee table into the kitchen and putting it in the sink before heading into the bedroom.

“I’m not on call,” Alex said looking at his phone and following Addy into the bedroom, “They’re messages from Josh.”

Addy rolled her eyes, as she was getting ready for bed.

“So you’re not going to say anything or even ask about the messages? “

“Nope,” she said heading into the bathroom to brush her teeth, even though it was killing her inside- she really did want to know. She had some idea since Josh wasn’t back yet from the date.

“But it’s killing you inside to know huh?” Alex smiled, as he leaned against the door jam of the bathroom.

Addy looked in the mirror and saw Alex smiling back at her.

“Is it that obvious?” Addy asked turning around to face him.

“Coming from you? Yes,” Alex smiled, “You just have the ‘I really want to know, but kinda don’t want to know’ look going on.”

Addy sighed, “I can’t help it!”

Alex took her in for a hug. “I know, I know. Well here’s my phone- read them. I won’t get mad at you for doing it, because then you’ll get some sleep instead of you over thinking it and not get any sleep at all,” he said handing her his phone, as he then started brushing his teeth.

Addy took the phone with a smiled and got into bed. She wanted to read them; she really did, but couldn’t bring herself to open the messages.

Alex finished in the bathroom, turned off the light, and got into bed next to Addy. “Did you read them?”

“No, I can’t bring myself to do it. You should read them for me, and tell me what they say,” Addy said handing the phone back to Alex.

“Um okay… Let’s see… ‘Staying at Katie’s tonight… no need for a ride to the airport… Katie will give spare key to Addy at work,’” Alex read as another one popped up. “Will grab my stuff on way to airport and will lock up.”

“That’s it?” asked Addy

“That’s it,” Alex replied putting his phone away

“Well I’m glad they hit if off, but if I have to see or hear from Trevor again, you might have to come bail me out of jail,” Addy said as she got comfortable in bed and Alex’s arms went around her pulling her closer to him.

“Uh huh,” Alex said as he fell asleep, with Addy not far behind.




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc