A few weeks later-

Katie walked into Addy’s office and sat on the loveseat with a sigh, a smile, and just looking and texting on her phone, then she started to giggle

“What are you giggling about, or do I even have to guess?”

Katie just looked at her and smiled, “Just Josh.”

“Of course.” Addy rolled her eyes, “Why are you in my office?”

“Trying to hide from the new receptionist, she keeps asking about Trevor, and I just want to slap her”

“Why? If you hook them up, he would get off your back.”

“Great idea!” Katie said standing up, and as her text alert went off.

She smiled again, “Aww… look what he sent,” Katie said showing Addy her phone.

Addy faked a smile towards her friend; this whole thing was starting to get on her nerves.

“Oh do you have plans tonight?”

“Kinda… Why?”

Addy just looked at her.

“I really do have plans tonight- so stop looking at me like that. But why are you asking?”

“Oh we just have the suite tonight at the Rockies game, and wanted to see if you wanted to come. Lukas will be there, and that way you can ask him all your legal questions regarding Trevor.”

“Oh, yeah sorry. Some girlfriends from college are in town, so we’re going to grab drinks tonight.”

“Wait! Hold on… you have other friends?”

“Yeah, I’ve got to supplement your annoyingness somehow,” Katie laughed as she left the office and Addy threw a crumpled up piece of paper at her.

As Katie left, Addy called up Alex, as it was one of his days off after a 50-hour straight shift, and was probably asleep.

“Ufff “ Alex answered.

“Oh good, you’re awake,” Addy giggled.

“Very funny, why are you calling me when you know I’m asleep?”

“Because it’s fun! Anyway Katie won’t be joining us tonight at the game.”

“Okay… does she have plans or something?”

“She does- meeting some college friends I guess.”

“Wait- she has more friends just you?”

“Apparently! But she’s starting to get on my nerves. Every time I see her, it’s ‘Oh look what Josh sent… oh Josh just said the funniest thing.. Josh this… Josh that’ All day long! And I don’t know how much more of it I can take before I loose it.”

Alex started to laugh; Addy’s pregnancy hormones were starting to shine. “So maybe it’s a good thing she isn’t coming tonight.”

“I don’t know,” Addy said "I'm kinda mad she's choosing to go out them instead of with us."

"Oh Addy." Alex said shaking his head. "Don't let it bother you. I will see you in a bit."

"Alright."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

Hanging up Addy went right to work. She wasn't having pregnancy hormones, at least that’s what she kept telling herself, but her friend was just driving her nuts. For the rest of the day, she decided to ignore Katie and just concentrate on her job.

 

Katie was gone by the time Addy come out of her office to go home. She was a little sad she couldn't say goodbye, but then remembered she had ignored her all day. Shaking her head, she headed home to her husband, before heading to the baseball game. 

 

"Yay Katie is here," Bella shrieked.

"Hey Bella, Faith."

"Girl we have missed you," Bella said giving her a big hug.

"I've missed you too. What's up girls?"

"Not a whole lot, just working."

"We need drinks."

Katie knew her friends, and knew she wouldn't be walking out sober.

Soon they were at a table, drinks in hand and conversation going. Katie told them all about Trevor and Josh, and in turn she listened to her friends complain about their first world problems.

Faith made sure that the drinks stayed flowing, just like Katie had expected to her to.

"Well hello Katie."

Katie cringed at the voice. "What do you want Trevor?"

"This is Trevor?" Faith said looking him up and down. "Girl, he's hot."

Trevor grinned widely. "May I order you girls a refill?"

"No," Katie said quickly.

"Are you insane? Yes, please and come join us," Bella said moving over.

Trevor's grin couldn't get any bigger. He sat down next to Bella as he flagged down the waitress and ordered then refills. Katie only glared at Trevor. This was not how she wanted to spend her evening, looking down at her phone she had wished that she had gone with Addy to the game.

"Katie!" Faith said getting her attention.

"What?"

"What does Josh do?"

"I don't know, I haven't asked. I just know he travels a lot."

"What kind of guy doesn't tell you what his job is?" Trevor asked raising his eyebrows.

"What's it to you? At least he doesn't go out and sleep with the next blond he sees, or can actually not forget his wallet."

"It was a few times and I made up for them. I never cheated on you."

"I highly doubt that. So where's your flavor of the month?"

"I'm not seeing anyone right now."

Katie laughed, "I highly doubt that."

"So what do you do Trevor?" Bella asked.

"I'm a firefighter."

"Oh my gosh! You have quiet a job," Bella said taking a drink.

"Yea, it's a pretty dangerous one, but I love doing it."

"You never told us that Katie!!” Faith said giving her friend a look.

"Must have slipped my mind," Katie said looking over at her ex, she wanted to smack him.

"I have an idea! Let's go to the bar and get some shots."

"No!" Katie said admittedly.

"Yes,” Faith and Bella exclaimed.

Dragging Katie, they headed to the bar. This was starting to not be fun, but soon they were giggling and laughing and telling crazy stories of their collage years.

Lord the room was starting to spin, Katie thought staring at the bar. Trevor was telling another stupid joke. Taking her phone out of her purse, she squinted looking at the time it was almost three. Shit. She had to go to work in a few hours. Pressing a speed dial she waited, no one picked up, so she tried it again.

"This better be good." Addy sleepy voice said.

"Please come get me."

"Your drunk, get a cab."

"Please Addy?" She begged.

"Who you talking to?" Trevor whispered in her ear.

"Is that Trevor?" Addy exclaimed. "You are digging your own grave Katie."

"I don't want to be here. Please Addy?" Katie begged again.

"Ok, where are you?"

"MJ Tavern."

"Fine… I'll be right there."

"Thank you."

"Wait outside."

"Ok."

Putting her phone in her purse, she stood up straight. "It's been a blast girls, but I have to go.”"

"One more shot Katie," Bella giggled.

"No, that's alright. I have to go. It was good seeing you, but I have to be at work in a couple of house," Katie said with a hiccup.

"Katie, don't leave now. I can always take you to work," Trevor said moving closer to her.

"Get away from me Trevor. I hate you."

She grabbed her purse and started making her way to the door. Trevor followed and wrapped his arm around her waist from behind.

"I'll take you home."

"No!" She exclaimed. "Addy is coming to get me."

"I've missed…"

"Oh fuck off," she said pushing him off her. "Leave me the fuck alone."

Katie was able to stumble out of the bar. When the cold air hit her face, she breathed a sigh of relief. Looking around she waited, and her head was spinning.

 

Few minutes later, Addy pulled up to the curve. She shook her head at her friend who was really drunk. Getting out she walked up to Katie.

"Don't you know to stay away from the shots?"

"Addy, please?” Katie slurred.

"Come on you pain in the ass," Addy said pulling at Katie's arm.

Addy looked over at the giggling girls who were walking out, and then she saw Trevor. Fucking bastard she thought. Ignoring the feeling of going over to beat the living shit out of him, she helped Katie into the car.

"I will kill you if you throw up in my Tribeca."

"I promise I won't."

Putting the car in drive, Addy headed towards Katie's apartment.

"So, you wanna explain?"

"We were just sitting there talking and having a few drinks, but he just showed up and put on his charm. My blockhead friends fell for it. I tried getting out of there, but they just wouldn't let me go. He kept ordering shots. Lord, I had so much."

"You better be to work on time for that meeting," Addy said shaking her head.

"I will be."

Addy shook her head. "Well that was stupid."

"I know that it was. Oh the car is spinning."

"Katie, I freaking mean it."

"I won't I swear. Just get me home."

"I'm working on it."

Pulling into the apartment complex, Addy parked in a spot near Katie’s apartment building.

"Ok you're here."

"Thank you."

Opening the door, Katie stumbled out of the Subaru Tribeca while Addy watched and laughed a little. Katie could never hold the hard shit. Getting out of the driver’s side, Addy grabbed Katie’s purse and took her keys out. She spent the next hour getting her friend into bed, while Katie of course was in the bathroom throwing up. Making Addy laugh even harder. When she finally got her in bed, Katie mumbled thank you and fell asleep. Looking over she noticed Katie's phone light up, it was Trevor, shaking her head as she left.

 

"Where were you?" Alex asked when she came back to bed.

"Katie got drunk and needed a ride."

"Oh boy, I take it she had quite a night," He mumbled cuddling up to her.

"I guess so, didn't get much details. She was to busy puking her guts out."

"Wow she was that drunk?"

"Oh yea, that girl should stay away from the hard shit but she never does. Tomorrow is going to be very long."

Not getting a response from her sleeping husband, annoyed Addy slammed her eyes shut hoping to get a few more hours of sleep.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc