Addy showed up to the office bright and early with 2 cups of coffee. She knew she really wasn't supposed to have it, but well one wasn't going to kill her or her baby. She was a little surprised to see Katie already sitting at her desk, and she looked like a truck ran her over.

"Well I'm surprised you are all ready here."

"After you left, I threw up some more, and I just kind of got ready for work."

"You haven't slept yet?"

"Is that for me?"

"Ah.. Yea."

"Thank you so much," she said taking it. "Addy, thank you for coming to get me. You don't know how much that meant to me."

"You're just lucky I love you."

"Really thank you," Katie said getting up and giving her a big hug. "How do I look ready for the meeting?"

"Katie you still look drunk."

"Shit! I really tried doing my make up perfect so I didn't. I drank a ton of water the last couple of hours."

"I'm sorry girl, but you still look like shit."

Katie sighed sadly and grabbed her folders. "Well wish me luck."

"Good luck and don't worry about how you look. You will do great," Addy said with a smile.

"Thanks Addy. I'll catch you later."

"Chin up girl, you can do it."

Katie only gave her a half smile then walked out. Addy couldn't help but shake her head then left to her office.

 

"Katie make it in to work?" Alex asked as soon as Addy answered the phone.

"Yes she was here before I even got in."

"Oh wow! I was totally expecting her to be late."

"I guess she puked her guts out some more when I left, and just never went to bed."

"Damn, she had to have looked like shit."

"She did, I felt bad. I really need to sit her down and talk to her. She was with Trevor. For god sakes she has something good going and she went out and got drunk with Trevor."

"I think Katie knows she has something good going with Josh. I think we should really hear her side of the story."

"She said that Trevor just walked up and started buying them drinks."

"That doesn't sound like her wanting to be with Trevor."

"No, it doesn't."

"Katie told you that she really liked Josh. She knows Trevor is an asshole. You said it yourself that she said she hates him."

"Yea I know, hopefully she makes it through her meeting."

"I hope text me later."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too."

Smiling Addy hung up her phone and went back to work.

 

It was well past lunchtime by the time Katie walked back into her office, and damn she was tired.  She heard someone knock on her door and thought it would be Addy, but when she looked up, she groaned loudly, it was Trevor.

"What do you want Trevor?"

"I called you last night,” Trevor said walking into her office.

"Thanks to you, well I was a little out of it.”

"Aww Katie, I thought we had fun."

"You had fun you jackass. Now just get out of here."

"Come on now Katie," he said walking closer to her.

"Trevor just leave."

He slowly ran his finger down her cheek; he bent down slowly and kissed her cheek.

"Katie…"

Katie's eyes snapped up. "Josh."

"Have I interrupted something?" Josh asked standing in the door way

"No, no Trevor was just leaving," Katie stuttered.

“Actually, I wanted to see…” Trevor started.

“Hold that thought, I’ll be back,” Katie said leaving her office and running to Addy’s office.

Once she got to Addy’s, she slammed her hands on the desk while leaning towards Addy, making her jump in her chair.

“You have to stop doing that,” Addy said holding her chest.

“Help me!” Katie said freaking out.

“Why? What did you do?” Addy asked, leaning back in her chair.

“They’re both here…”

“Who?” Addy asked, then it dawned on her, and she started laughing.

“Stop it!” Katie said pointing at Addy. “What am I supposed to do?”

Addy just kept on laughing as she stood up, “I’m sorry, but this is funny”

“Will you stop laughing and help me?”

Addy stopped laughing. “What do you want me to do?” she asked following Katie back to her office

“Get rid of Trevor! I even give you extra permission to punch him!”

“Yes!” Addy said as they walked into Katie’s office.

“Trevor…”

“Addy…”

“What are you doing here? Do you even work anymore?”

“Yes I still work, and I just wanted to say hi.”

“Alright well you said hi, so you can now leave,” Addy said crossing her arms over her chest.

“I’m not done…”

“Oh, I think you are,” Addy said getting ready to punch him in the face, but she felt someone grab her arm.

“Addy- don’t,” Josh said.

“Come on! I’ve been waiting 2 years to punch this asshole in the face,” Addy whined.

“And you can wait just a little longer,” Josh said. “Plus he isn’t worth it.”

“Errr,” Addy said. “Trevor, come with me, you’re leaving.” She started to push Trevor out of the office

“Who says?” Trevor said resisting Addy’s push.

“Me, Katie, and Security,” Addy said. “So we can either make this easy and I can walk you out, or go the hard way and call security.”

“Trevor- just leave. Josh and I need to talk,” Katie sighed.

“Fine,” Trevor said, knowing another way to get to Katie. He then walked out of the office with Addy.

“You look like shit,” Josh said to Katie.

“Gee, no shit Sherlock,” Katie said sitting in her chair.

**

“Bye Trevor,” the receptionist smiled as Addy and Trevor were leaving.

“Bye Lexi,” Trevor smiled making Addy gag as they got onto the elevator and made their way to the building lobby.

Trevor then walked out of the building, and that’s when Addy went over the security guard desk.

“You see that guy that just left?”

“Yeah,” one of the security guards said.

“Don’t let him back in the building ever,” Addy said.

“Okay, what’s his name?”

“Trevor Bratcher. I’ll send you guys an email with a photo of him when I get back to my office,” Addy said.

“Thanks Addy,” the other security guard said.

“No, thank you!” Addy smiled and headed back to her office, but not before stopping at the receptionist desk.

“Lexi, if I you ever let Trevor past the elevator, I will personally see that you are no longer employed here are at any marketing and advertising firm in Denver or in any other city, and that includes all the major sports leagues and teams. You hear me loud and clear?” Addy said getting into Lexi’s face

“Yeah, sure whatever,” Lexi said not really caring and just continued to file her nails.

“I said, do you hear me loud and clear?” Addy said taking her hand and forcing Lexi to look at her

“Crystal,” Lexi said, than rolled her eyes.

“God, you’re such a ditz,” Addy mumbled as she walked back into the office.

**

Back in Katie’s office, Katie was still feeling the wrath of the night before.

“I think I’m gonna be sick again,” Katie said sitting in her chair.

“Here,” Josh said handing Katie a trash can just as Addy walked in.

“Still not feeling well?” Addy smirked.

Katie just shook her head, ‘no.’

“Girl, don’t you know you can’t hold shots?” Addy asked shaking her head, just as Katie threw up in the trashcan.

“Come on, you’re going home,” Josh said as he gathered Katie’s things so she can go home for the rest of the afternoon.

“I don’t wanna move. Everything starts spinning when I stand up,” Katie mumbled not wanting to stand up.

“How did you get through this morning?” Addy asked.

Katie just looked at her, “I don’t know…”

“I’ll help you get back to your place,” Josh said as Addy snickered before heading to her office.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc