Chapter 10 - A good advice and a few rescheduled changes


On the next day, Kate woke up by a loud commotion. Which came from the kitchen. She sat upright and recognized that she was indeed terrible longing for JC. She tried to hide this feeling at first and put on her clothes from the day before.

Then she went down in to the kitchen to see what was that noise all about. At the bottom of the stairs, she looked at her Mom, who cleaned the remaining shards of a shattered dish together.

 

She wanted her just to help when she felt someone's hands before her eyes. In her dreams, this had been done a hundred times by JC to surprise her and when she then heard a deep male voice, she thought her dream had just become reality.

 

"JC?" She asked cheerfully, and realized her mistake right there. Because of the look on her Mom's face. It was Dean, standing behind her then.

 

This one looked confused and scared at the same time also.

But before he could ask her how she would even think of JC could welcome her like that. Sandra switched in between and says.

 

"Dean! Would you take the basket with buns and the pot of coffee already get on the table? Thank you!"

 

Dean looked at Sandra for a brief moment in surprise, then he took the bread basket and the pot of coffee and went through the door, in to the dinning room. Sandra, meanwhile, lost no time and took Kate's hand and walked with her back upstairs again.

 

"Mom! What's going on? "Kate replied.

 

"What's going on? I just want to finally know what really is going on with you!" Sandra said.

 

When they were in Kate's room, both sit on the bed and chatted. Sandra gave her daughter only one advice: She should spend more time with Dean, to see again he would, still be in love with her. And Kate agreed to her mother that she would not go into the studio today, but would spend the day together with Dean and the others.

 

After breakfast, Dean and Kate sat on the terrace in a large deckchair. They sat there together just for five minutes and already JC appeared to be beside them, to pick up Kate. But Kate just sends him away, by telling him that she really was not interested in a singing career.

 

She spent the whole day with her boyfriend Dean, and Ruby, Sandra and Sebastian. It was a glorious day, they had as much fun as before Kate was getting to know the guys from 'NSYNC and she finds this totally cool!


****

It wasn't until late in the afternoon, when JC was standing in front of the gates, to persuade Kate of singing their both written song, that Kate realized she had also missed him during this day. This time, however, JC appeared to be with Johnny Wright! Kate, who already had spotted the two there, she just wanted to send them away again. When her mom was by her side also.

 

"Johnny! JC! What do you two want here?" She asked them both, frowning.

 

JC answered.


"I wanted to give Kate just our song. We did write yesterday."

 

"I told you I do not want to sing in the studio today! And I have that, too. You made me take it with me, remember?" Kate cuts him off.

 

Joshua was not one to abandoned at all. And rubs his neck, slightly embarrassed now.

 

"Oh, yeah! Well, it's a newer version. And that's why I have here a small portable recording device. So you can sing it practically from anywhere. And I'll do the final work in the studio. Deal?"

 

Before Kate could say a word, however, Sandra had asked the two men in, to have a cup of coffee at least. She led them into the house, in to the dinning room. Ruby, Dean and Sebastian were also still in. Sandra introduced them to Mr. Wright and Mr. Chasez.

 

Kate was standing in the doorway, she waited that JC would say to her, if they could possibly sing the song in a different room, in private. But he just said.

 

"So go ahead, Kate! Come in here and sing for us!"

 

"What? But surely not in here, right? In front of everyone else, really?" She replied, startled.

 

JC nodded and held out the lyric sheet.

 

"Yes go on, Kate! Sing for us!" Ruby replied enthusiastically.

 

"This is the perfect exercise for you!" JC said and smiled.

 

Kate gave him a suspicious look and wanted to crawl in a hole deep into the ground just.

 

"Come on, come on Marie! You can do this already!" Sandra cheered on her daughter.

 

Kate took a deep breath and walked up to JC next.

 

She took the sheet of paper from JC and read it again quietly at first, for herself. She noticed that this writing sounded quite different from what they had both written the other day. Kate looked only at Johnny and then up to JC before she asked him if she could just speak to him alone.

 

JC shrugged, and followed her into the other room. She showed him the text and asked.

 

"Where does this come suddenly from, JC? This is nothing like the song that we did write yesterday!"

 

She tilted her head to one side and looked at him questioningly further. Then Joshua began at once to sigh, and told Kate.

 

"Okay, you're right! That is not our song. I've written this one last night. Because I could not stop thinking of you! And how much difficulties you had with your first writing try-out. What do you think?"

 

Kate was stunned.

 

Not because of the song, but rather because she had not counted on JC's honesty. She stared at him, in her dreams she had heard this a thousand times by him. But it was god damned something completely different to hear it from him personally and just after two days of getting to know each other.

 

Kate had no idea how she should best respond to it, but in hindsight it wasn't maybe the best idea by no means to laugh out loud. Well, but that's what she did.

Well, maybe not a really loud laugh, but at least a clearly audible snort. What she also regretted very quickly when she noticed Joshua's look next.

 

He was hurt, that was understandable.

 

"You do not like it! Okay. I just thought maybe this would be easier to sing for you, than that one from yesterday. Well, never mind. I have the other here also." JC told her, staring at his feet.

 

Kate began to feel quite miserable. On the one hand she wanted to kiss JC here and now dearly, but on the other hand she was afraid that at any moment might be coming her boyfriend in, when she'd do this now. In what kind of a dilemma had she brought herself in there?

 

Instead, she looked again at the lyric sheet of JC and asked him.

 

"What kind of melody I sing it then?"

 

But she doesn't wait for an answer, and immediately starts to sing, softly, and with the first-best melody that comes to her mind. It was really so simple that Kate would not have thought it possible she would sing something so beautiful once.

 

JC slowly lifts up his head and begin to smile. And then he joined her in the middle of the chorus with her. As they stand facing each other together and singing Kate's song , the title that JC had written on top of the sheet of paper as a working title, suddenly the others are entering the room also.






You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story