Author's Chapter Notes:
Doesn't mean we didn't try though - Doesn't mean there was no love - And yes, regret is painful – Bec Lavelle, We Got It Wrong

Chapter 14 - The last words!


In the studio again.

Again in Johnny's office. Dean and Kate sit face to face alone. Kate told JC to leave her and her friend, to talk alone. But he was just for a second or two out of the room, when Dean stands up from the couch, across from the girl he thought knowing so well for the past year and a half. But he couldn't bear to sit in this office, this building even, and discuss what happened between him and Kate.


"Dean? Where are you going to?" Kate asked silently, looking up shyly.


"Please, can't we talk about this just?"


Dean turns to face her shortly. He let's out a snorting noise, mumbling only.


"Why even bother."


And was out the door next. Kate felt horrible. There's that feeling, that just rises up in her. A feeling that she'd never thought could feel even. What did she do? Dean was her boyfriend. He had stick with her for nearly two years. He went to that one event, even though he didn't like it at all. But just his girlfriend didn't have to go all by herself, after her friend got sick and couldn't go. And she loved Dean. How could she let this all happened, even?


Why did I let JC kiss me? Why must he have been so nice and sweet to me? Kate thought, tears running down her cheeks this minute. I don't know this guy. I don't know if he will even want to be with me. He made it pretty clear, earlier that he doesn't want me to break up with Dean. And that he doesn't even care like I do care for him, he didn't say he'd love me back. How could I have let this happen?


Kate was resting her elbows and under arms on her own knees, and holding her face in both her hands, crying desperately by now. She couldn't care less who would come in to this room and would see her like this even. She couldn't care less on how long she even was sitting like this on this couch, when she thought about something from earlier. And took her mobile out and looked at something online... . By the time, when the door behind her was being opened next. At first, Kate stops sobbing for a second and tries to listen. But she heard only the door silently falling in its lock, then footsteps coming towards the couch she still sits on. Kate tries to swallow, but it just comes out in a hard gulp and sob. She stays mute from then on. And keeps her face in her hands though. Even when she feels the couch pillow next to her slightly sinking, next. A hand touches her on her right shoulder blade. And Kate froze slightly.


"Are you all right?" A voice asked her. A male voice ... His. "What are you reading there?"


She felt him rubbing up and down her right sided back, and Kate just dries her tears with her wrists and puts her mobile back into her jeans pocket. She swallows lightly. Then looks still slightly puffy eyed toward him, pouting a little. With his deep, bass-o-fund um of voice he spoke to her again.


"How are you feeling, Kate?"


When she wouldn't give him an answer. Lance just enclosed his arms around her upper body and arms, and holds her tightly embraced against his chest. After a couple minutes, or hours as it felt for Kate, she noticed someone sitting next to her, on her left side, on the couch. She didn't want to know who it was though. And buried her face deeper in to Lance's shirt and chest.


Until she would hear Lance's own voice vibrating through his sternum and upper body, saying.


"You two need to talk, JC!"


Oh, no! Thought Kate and a slight moan escapes her mouth just this minute, when she heard JC's name. She didn't want to be seen by him like this now. Kate tried to hide herself more into Lance's shirt. She would grab the hem of his even, and hold him close to her, with it.


"Doesn't look like she even wants me anymore?"


JC remarked, when he noticed how Kate would hold on to Lance's T-Shirt. Kate just let's out a grunting noise, and rolls her eyes to his saying. Which neither of the two men noticed though. But Lance stands from his seat just then, and because Kate still holds on to his T-Shirt, she is being pulled up with him also. He holds her by her arms, to look Kate directly and meaningful into her eyes. He turns her around to face JC, and slowly would exit himself from the room. But Kate turns away from JC again, and is kind of running after Lance. A bit too late though. As he is about to close the door, and just sticks his head one last time through it. He gestures for Kate to go back to that couch and talk with that man still sitting patiently, waiting. Kate pouts and makes a face toward him though. But Lance wouldn't see, as he just closed the door this minute. Kate stood there, face to the only safe exit, for a while. Not quite knowing what to do next.


"Kate? Could you come back here? Please!" would JC call her suddenly.


While with his one arm leaned over the back of the couch, looking at Kate. And only at her. As she notice when slowly turning around to face him again. Slowly, deliberately taking her time, Kate makes her way back toward the couch. Let's herself sink low into the pillows, at the other end of where JC is sitting. She folds her arms in front of her chest together, pouting a little even. Then draws slowly out a long breath of air, closing her eyes tightly, to keep the tears away. After a little while, Kate reopens her eyes and looks at the man sitting still beside her. Who is still just watching her. Uh! Creepy! Kate only thinks, frowning straight right back at him now.


"You're trying to get even more into my head there?" Kate slowly says to him.


She sees JC ever so slightly putting up one of his mouths corners, for his famous sly, crooked smile. Oh, no! Kate rolls her eyes upwards, when seeing him smile like this.


"How are you feeling, there?" JC asked after he would see her roll her eyes in that annoyed manner. Kate, instantly looks straight at him, trying to figure out what he means by that odd question even. She moves her head to one side, then to the other, initiative searching for the right words to say here next.


"Er. Well. Let's see!" Kate answers. "I let myself get fall for another guy, while I've still been in a relationship. I did hurt not just him, but made our relationship, my boyfriend's and mine truly awkward and also, for sure made it really embarrassing for my brother and Mom living with his family for the rest of our family vacation. And I sure as heck still ain't knowing, if it was even worth all that drama. And on top of all, I couldn't even explain the why to my boyfriend. Or even have the decency to tell him in the first place! So, how I feel now? Er. Jeez! I don't know. Stupid? Idiotic? Completely delusional maybe? A freaking mentally ill, nutcase? Pick you one!"


Kate has talked herself into a rage, and couldn't keep the tears at bay any longer either. JC was moving closer to her, putting his arm, from the back of the couch, around Kate's shoulders. And pressing her with soft force toward his chest now. He stroke softly over her hair, and kissed the top of her head. Kate just buries her face in his shirt, holding the hem of it tightly with her hands. While JC puts his other arm around her as well. They were sitting like this for quite some time. Until ...

 

Until Joshua was taking her face into his hands, looking in Kate's beautiful brown eyes. And wiping over her cheeks with his thumbs, to erase the tears softly. It feels completely surreal at first for Kate. She can't take her eyes of him, and just blinks a few times, then looks at JC fully and straight into his eyes anyway.


"You're not stupid. Okay?" JC said, still looking straight at Kate. "You're a smart, intelligent and beautiful young woman. And I really admirer you for being you and everything. But I don't think ... ."


Before he could finish his sentence though. Kate felt the tears falling from her eye brims this minute again. She knew it. She knew he didn't want to be with her. Dammit! Kate thought only. She shakes her head out of JC's hold then and withdraws her eyes and face from his with it.


"Hey!" JC says then, holding his one hand on her cheek anyhow. And tries to make her look at him again though. "What's the matter now? Kate? No! Please, don't cry!"


Kate sits with her hands in her lap, trying to look at her own hands. And having his hand still on her cheek. Kate can't think even straight. And just want him to remove his hand for a little while, so she can think about how she feels. But he wouldn't remove his left hand from her right cheekbone. He even takes her left hand in his right one suddenly, playing with her knuckles and fingers gently, too.


"Kate!" JC says after awhile. "I like you. Really. But with everything and all going on -."


"You like me? That's it? Are you serious, JC?!" Kate interrupts him timidly, frowning slightly. "I told you, that I am in love with you. And you just like me?"


JC takes a deep breath before saying. "I didn't mean I just like you, Kate. Not at all." He breathed in another mouthful of air. Kate still frowns. Looking up at him slowly.


"Kate! Your boyfriend just broke up with you!" JC said. "You should be alone now. For just a little while, at least. And maybe think of what you just want. You know?"


"JC!" Kate response slowly. "I did want to break it up with him first. I just wanted to do it differently than he did. But I do know what I want! You!"


Kate puts her right hand over JC's, that's still holding her left one. And looking now really at him. Determined and without a trace of tears in her eyes, for the first time she sat here with him. JC was lightly biting his lower lip then. Which Kate thought was making him even more cute looking. But wouldn't tell this to him yet. Instead she tries for a different technique. She bends her head slightly forward, turning it to the right ever so slightly. And then just kisses him on his lips, slightly.


"I'm sorry!" Kate says after she breaks apart from his lips. "I know you don't -." Kate tries to say, but JC takes her face in to his hands again, kissing her fully, carefree and sensual for the first time ever, truly. When they break apart Kate was feeling overwhelmed for once. And felt tears building up in her eyes again slowly. She tries to hide them from him, but he wouldn't let go of her face.


"Don't!" JC just says. Holding her face captured between his hands, stroking the cheeks under her eyes with his thumbs, gently. "I think, I fell in love with you, Kismet!"


And he kissed her on to her mouth again. Soft and gently, just one quick kiss. But Kate throws him her arms around his neck and kisses him right back. Then buries her head into his shoulder and neck next. Smiling happily at herself right now. About the man she was having her arms around his neck. And who has just kissed her for the very first time as though he really was in love with her and has put his arms around her lower back also.


"I know." Kate whispers more to herself, next to his ear. "I know, what it means."

 

"What means what?" JC asked her a bit confused and slightly frowning also. Kate looks at his face, embarrassed that he did hear her just mumbling about it. She felt the blush rise into her cheeks now.


"You know what? Kismet?!" JC wants to know. Brushing lightly over her pink blush in her cheeks.


Kate smiles shyly. "I mean, I looked that name up you gave me earlier."


She fumbles around in her jeans pocket just. And takes out her mobile just a little bit difficult then. Joshua smiled at her then.


"You looked it up?" he asked. "And what did you find out, when you looked it up, Kismet?"


Kate swallows lightly and also a bit difficulty though. "Are you making fun of me now?" she asked him back only.


JC chuckles lightly. "Oh! Ha ha! No!" he says. "No, I don't. You looked just so cute when saying that. And? What does it mean now? What did you find out?"


"It means fate!" Kate mumbles, in answer. "Did you really think that way, when -?"


JC leaned his head a little bit closer toward her face. "I told you already why I choose to call you like that, didn't I?" he responses. And kissed her tip of her nose, quickly. Kate frowns only toward him though.


"I know, what you said then. I guess I am just wondering though ... !"


JC smiled. Holds his left hand thumb and index-finger very close together, with a very tiny, little gap in between them. "Maybe, just a little! Why?"


Kate feels a grin forming over her face, arching one of her eyebrows up at him also.


"Hey! What's there to smile about like that?" asked JC, also raising one of his eyebrows at her just.


Kate felt the blush rise up in her cheeks. "Nothing."


Chapter End Notes:
ok, here it is... big thing happening. Finally! Haha


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story