Chapter 16 - It's more than a feeling

 

Kate feels a little insecure, while walking down the stairs in her new chosen outfit and shoes. Especially with everybody downstairs standing and watching. Now she remembers why she doesn't wear those kind of shoes more often. Even though she has barely been walking, in this high heels, about three steps. Kate already wants to throw them off of her feet and down the last remaining stairs. She clings to the banister with both hands, frowning in serious concentration at every step she takes downstairs. And trying to ignore the six pairs of eyes watching her every move she makes.

And caught her mother's eyes, when she reached the foot of the stairs, finally. Sandra was slightly frowning at her also.


"Are you okay there, sweetie?" Sandra asked her daughter only. Kate felt the blush rise into her face slightly, then just shook her head. Kate saw that her mother still frowns toward her though.


"You look beautiful!"


They heard a voice a few feet away from them, saying. As Kate looks ahead she sees the smile JC flashes toward her then. And feels her teeth lightly biting into the inside of her lower lip. And tries a shy smile with him.


"He is right though, you know that, Marie!?" Sandra says, hugging her daughter around her shoulders. A little too tightly, when Kate feels her foot swaying in her heels dangerously.

"Hey! You are sure you can walk in these, honey?"


"Mom!" Kate says, in a slight outrage. "Yeah, I got this! Don't worry! Okay?"


And kissed her Mom on her left cheek just. Before tiptoeing toward her date, JC, next.


"Can we go now?" she asked him just, by pulling his arm slightly with her, to the front door.



Outside, by the blue Pontiac, waiting for them in the driveway. Kate is concentrating hard on every step she takes toward it, on that cobblestone way. When she feels a hand slightly touching her right elbow, and guiding her forward.


"You can really walk in these?" JC asked. "If you want and go back and change -."


Kate just rolls her eyes, before turning to look at him. "No. I am good. I hope." And manages to chuckle at her saying even a little bit also. Then JC holds open the passenger's door for her next.


"Thank you!" Kate could only sort of mumble at him, when she climbs into his car. JC smiles back, and shuts the door. Then while rounding his car toward the driver's side, to get in himself, Kate puts her seat belt on already and waits for him, watching. When he seat belted himself, his eyes catches Kate watching him.


"What?" he just asked her.


Kate tilts her head, curiously at him though. "Where are we going to now?"


JC chuckles only. "Ha ha! You're a curious one. And no! Not a chance that I'm telling you yet!"


Kate frowns and pouts at him. "Please!?" she pleaded next with him. But JC only shakes his head and chuckles some more, before putting the key into the ignition and shifts the gearshift into first gear, and starts the engine. And they drove off!


****

I close my eyes at what I see. But I still can see her face. Her face, laughing and looking at somebody else right now.

If I would have taken her to Bush Gardens a couple of days ago, would I have known he was going to be there? Probably not. But that's not the point, really. At least I don't think it is of great importance anymore. After two years! Well. Almost two years, but who's counting!? She did choose that guy over me. Seriously, how can she be so sure he even is the guy, she thinks to know? I know her! I know what she likes, dislikes! I did know her! Especially, when she was going behind my back with that guy! That typical, all smiley-face boy band guy! Who has nothing better to do than go and steal somebody else's girlfriend even!


Dean was sitting in his bedroom, by his window. Which was unfortunately, facing his parent's driveway, and the scenario, that was showing him there right now. He leaned his head against the window frame beside the glass, and tries to hide behind his drapes right there. In the background, his CD-Player was playing softly, with his favorite CD and Song in it. But he wasn't really listening to it, as he saw her laughing toward that guy, before climbing into his car. His car. That shiny, metallic blue Pontiac, with black hood, car. He hated – no, loathed! - that car of his. And him! Yes, he was jealous of him. Him, who did stole his girlfriend! He had despised him from the moment he saw him that couple of days ago, at Bush Gardens. But now Dean really did loathe him, for what he did! I hate you, man! Dean thought as he saw the Pontiac drove off the driveway, and out of his sight just. He probably had never in his entire life hated somebody more, like that J.C. Chasez.


****


Chapter End Notes:
I need some help here... Please?! If you got some ideas, on how to write on -esp. with "Dean's" hatred and raging jealousy issues?!?... HELP ME!!!

Incomplete
kopfkinokate is the author of 6 other stories.

This story is part of the series, A Summer vacation in Florida!.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story