Author's Chapter Notes:
it is getting ... worse. and better. I hope! 😙

Chapter 4 - A ghastly morning ?!


The next morning! Kate was awakened gently by her boyfriend. He kissed his girlfriend softly onto the forehead and she immediately opened her eyes. Kate stifled the disappointing feeling that was rising in her when she only saw her boyfriend though. Dean looked her in the eyes. Not JC! Kate smiled at him dull and tired.

 

"Good morning, my superstar!", Dean greeted her and waited for Kate making the next move.

 

But she was just still too tired to answer him a cheerful good morning or do anything. She looked at her watch, she still wore around her left wrist.

 

Only half past eight!, she thought and turned around again.

 

Dean left the room and fought off the first, faint twinge of jealousy. He had just felt this feeling of disappointment, as if his girlfriend was disappointed to see him, her boyfriend bend over her bed, kissing her awake. But Dean could not explain the why!

 

As if she'd expected somebody else!, he thought angrily.

 

As he walked back downstairs to the others, Kate turned onto her back, thinking:

 

About her and Dean, then about herself and JC and especially she thought about her own feelings after the thing that happened last night. She knew she still loved Dean, after all, they were now almost for a year and a half together.

 

But she also noticed that when she thought about JC her heart did that famous little jump inside her chest. And yet she could not imagine that she could hurt her still boyfriend so painfully (or even wanted to!).

 

Kate comes to the conclusion that she wanted to see and wait first. And she wants to try and find out, what JC actual felt for her! Since they kissed.

She got out of bed and put on her clothes, combed her long, brown hair and tied them together into a simple ponytail. Then she went down to have breakfast with the rest of her family and friends.

 

"Good morning, sweetie! Well, how was it? What did the producer say?" Her mother asked her. The moment Kate walked down the stairs, in to the dinning room.

 

"Morning, Mom. He said nothing at all, except that I shall come back today!" Kate replied.

 

"Are those guys picking you up again? Or how will you get there even?" Dean asked her from behind suddenly.

 

Kate turned to him and discovered that a look of fear and doubt was showing on his face. Kate, who had not thought it possible that he might be able to guess about her (possibly existing) Romance, felt a guilty twinge at the sight of it then.

 

"They pick me up from here, yes. Why do you ask, baby?" She told him.


Dean only shrugged his shoulders up.

 

"Okay! Come eat, you two now!" Ruby calls from the dining table, where she was already sitting with Sandra and Sebastian waiting for her son and his girlfriend.

 

Kate wants to go to sit at the dining table, but Dean's holding her back and kisses her passionately. Kate is at first so confused by this spontaneity, that she does not kiss him back! And Dean breaks suddenly the kiss to her apart, and looks her in the eyes and asks.

 

"What's the matter, baby? Don't you no longer do love me?"

 

Kate can not believe that he has asked this question and decides to not answer it, for a brief moment.

 

"What nonsense. Why should I no longer love you, then?" She asked him back.

 

"And why do you not return my kisses?"

 

"Dean! What is it with you only today? You are acting just as you had something against it that I was out last night, without you?” Kate said, just as she rounded the table, to sit next to her brother.

 

"Maybe I do, or maybe I'm just jealous, or I fear that you'll have a career as a singer and …"

 

"Now stop it, Dean. Kate loves you, right Marie?" Intervenes Sebastian now.

 

"Of course!", Kathreen Marie said and suppressed this desire to swallow a big lump in her throat this moment.

 

She turned to Dean and gave him a kiss on his lips before she got to eat her own breakfast.


About half past eleven, lunch time. 'NSYNC pulled up in front of the house, to pick Kate up. Today Justin was the driver, in his wine-colored Mercedes Jeep. Sandra was coming to assist her daughter today. As JC held open the back door of the car open, he beamed and grinned at Kate. While as Kate remarked that her boyfriend is all looking grumpily towards him. And meant for JC that he should stop grinning like that immediately.

 

"We all do tell him that the whole time also, Kate! But Mr. Chasez won't stop even!" Chris told her. While Kate climbed in to the car seat, next to him.

 

"Why? Are you perhaps in a bad mood today?" Asked JC, when he got in behind Kate next.

 

"No. But my boyfriend sees us and you, well …" Kate whispered back.

 

When they were all sitting in the car (Joey and Lance on the far backseat and Chris, Kate and JC behind the driver and passenger and Sandra in the passenger seat), JC tries to grab Kate's hand resting on her knees. But she evaded him, and noticed how Chris was watching both of them again very forcefully out of the corner of his eyes. And so Kate did see the still sore look her boyfriend Dean was shooting towards the car, as they drove away slowly.






You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story