Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a little breath-in ... It's just the beginning!

Chapter 7 - A mother - daughter talk


"Marie? Is that you?"

 

Kate turned on her heels and looked right at her mother, as she appeared to come out of the last door, on this hall and comes toward her daughter.

 

Kate walks fasten strikes to meet her.

 

"Sweetie, what's wrong? What happened?" Asked Sandra her, as she stands in front of her and took her in her arms.

 

"Mommy, I have to tell you something, now!" Kate said, looking sad past her mother. Where Johnny's and her eyes meet and she hides her tears and smeared face on her Mom's shoulder then.

 

In Johnny Wright's office.

It was a large, spacious room, where a large, dark desk, a large armchair and a high bookcase in one corner stand. In the other was a dark green couch with matching armchairs, a glass table, which found its place between the couch and the chair. Kate and her mother went straight to the couch and sat down to, as Mr. Wright standing at the door said.

 

"I'll leave you two alone, okay?"

 

Sandra nodded and Kate leaned her head on the shoulder of her mother and silent tears were rolling down her cheek. No sooner when the door was closed from the outside, Kate sat upright and said.

 

"Mom, I'm so stupid!"

 

"Kathreen Marie, listen up! You are not stupid and you know it!" Sandra replied.

 

"Oh, yeah? And why do I put my relationship with Dean so recklessly on risk then?" She asked her mother for advice.

 

This one looked at her daughter and asked.


"Are you in love, Marie?"

 

"I do not know! I know him only for two days. I know this sounds crazy, but yeah. I'm in love! Mom, what am I suppose to do now?"

 

"And who is the unknown guy? How old is he? And what is he doing for a living?" Asked Sandra.

 

Kate suddenly grinned, and looked her Mom straight in the eyes.

 

"Oh, Mommy! I love you!"

 

"I love you, too, honey! So, who is this special someone, now?"

 

"Shall I really say it?" Asked Kate and immediately continuing.


"Okay! He is twenty-eight, he is a professional musician, singer-songwriter, he looks very good, is just like Dean born American, and I think he's in love with me also! And Mom, you can guess already who it is?"

 

"Kathreen what are you doing? Will you tell me now who the one is, or what?"

 

"Okay, okay! I say it already! His name is Joshua JC Chasez!" Kate said and felt, after she had spoken it out loud, very relieved.


Sandra looked at her daughter for a while in order to discover something in her saying, that perhaps hinted as a joke. As she understood, however, that her daughter had been serious, she was still a little worried, not because of JC, but because of Dean!

 

"Marie! Are you sure he loves you too, or is that just you wishing for it to be true?" Asked Sandra.

 

"Oh, no, Mom! He really loves me and I love him as well. Is that not great?" Kate replied cheerfully.

 

Sandra could not help but still feel anxious about it.


"Marie, my dear sweet child! What is with Dean and you? You know he loves you more than anything, and he did not deserve it, that you treat him like that!"


 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Sandra answered.

 

"Yes, please! Come in!"

 

Mr. Wright and Mr. Greggs are coming through the door.

 

"Are you ready? Alex would like you to come back now, in to the receiving space, Kate!" Said Mr. Wright.


Kate and Sandra follow the two men out.

 


Again in the recording room.

 

'NSYNC were already there. Chris saw Kate still searching look, as they walked past him and the other three, and stood next to the mixer. Mr. Greggs showed Kate the lyrics and took a guitar from a corner out. Kate only read the title Far Away and slowly the rest of it. When she was reaching the chorus, she noticed that that lyrics did not occur to be her at all. But to not to appear rude, she said she liked it!

 

"Okay! let's get you starting then! Would the other now please leave this room to let us work our magic? Except for Kate and JC, please!" Mr. Greggs and sent Kate and JC right over to go into the receiving room next.

 

Sandra just squeezed her daughter once, to wish her good luck and looked at her very closely. What meant for Kate that she should not do anything foolish, with respect to JC.

 

Kate wondered just what would probably happen next, when Joshua took her hand and dragged her along with him, in to the singing booth. JC sat down with the guitar on a high stool and began to play the notes from the sheet of paper, straight on. Kate stood beside him, wondering what she should do here.

 

"Er. What am I supposed to do here, Mr. Greggs?" At that moment JC stopped playing the guitar. And hits himself with one hand to his forehead.

 

"That's right! You've still never done a live recording before!" He said and went straight on to explain.

 

"Basically, you're doing nothing different than yesterday. Only that you don't need to put any headphones on this time. For this you need just to hear what I play for you! Okay?"

 

Kate nodded slowly.

 

"And, can I only listen to the music first? Or do I have to sing already?"

 

Alex and JC agreed then. So JC begin to play solo, first. Meanwhile, Kate was reading the text silently, just as she reached the second time the chorus part, she wanted to start to sing.

 

As soon as she started, however, the first line Mr. Greggs' voice came in on them. In his opinion, Kate had sung to a melody completely different, as JC was playing her on the guitar.

 

He called them both out to him.

 

Alex tries for twenty minutes to explain Kate the correct melody. But Kate found that didn't matched her style of singing much and she finds herself not even listening anymore to what Mr. Greggs was telling then.

 

"Kate? Are you still with us? Are you listening at all what I'm telling you here?" Alex asked now a little upset.

 

Kate flinched slightly and looked at him silently.

 

"Kate, what's the matter with you?" Alex asked her again, this time a little quieter.

 

"I do not know! I think that this isn't really my world!" She answered, a little sad.

 

"Do not be silly, Kate!" JC said and took the lyric sheet from her hands next.

 

"You only need someone who can introduce you to this stuff!" He added more to himself.

 

Kate looked up at him and wanted to ask if he would not do the honor. When Alex asked if he and Kate could not continue to work alone, as he would continue to work with Justin and the other three.






You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story