Chapter 8 - music lessons


JC picked up the guitar, Kate carried the sheet of paper and he lead her out of the room. Kate slightly wondered how JC would want to teach Kate to sing the song even. He leads her into a room that was the size of Johnny's office, but only with a couch, two armchairs, a coffee table and a chest of drawers furnished, where a sound system was set up.

 

"Here I withdraw myself, whenever I need new ideas, or do write new songs! If I can find no inspiration at home. You like it?" Said JC.

 

"It's great! Like everything here." Kate said, and went to the CD's, which were laid out next to the sound system there.

 

She looked for a moment at those titles and almost began to cry when she found an unpublished disc of Gloria Estefan in Spanish in his collection. JC looked at her and asked:

 

"Do you like Gloria?"

 

But there was no answer, because Kate had discovered the next great disc. This time of Tom Waits!

 

"Oh man, oh man! This disk, I search for more than over a year. Whenever I see a CD of him in a store, I just have to see if this one is there also. Unfortunately, I had no luck so far with it! Where did you get that from?" Kate cried almost out.

 

"Do you think Tom Waits is good?" Asked JC.

 

“If I find him good? Are you kidding? Since I watched the movie Down By Law. I find that he is just awesome! I cherish the man! I simple adore him, like a god! Next to the five of you, of course!" She told him, and added.

 

"Can we play this CD in the background? Please!"

 

JC nodded.

 

When the music was playing softly in the background, and Kate sits down next to JC on the sofa. He had already put down a glass of water for her, the two began to tear apart Alex's Song for Kate, at first!

 

JC played her first the full song on the guitar and hums the melody to help her. After a while, Kate began to softly hum with him then.

 

Another half an hour later, when JC noticed that Kate got the melody down, he starts to slowly sing the song line by line next. Kate felt a lot more comfortable in the presence of JC, noticing also that he was a really good teacher. She couldn't stop thinking that she was maybe also in becoming a professional singer.

 

But only if JC was practicing with her!

 

Maybe it was because she had such a crush on him that she couldn't bring out a sound in the studio in front of Mr. Greggs earlier, because she had secretly wished to be with JC alone? Suddenly Kate remembered what her mother had said to her earlier again. She had to pull herself together, she could not do this to her boyfriend! It is just a little crush! Kate was just telling to herself!

 

After another forty-five minutes Kate had the feeling of being so hoarse for the next two days. So she had asked JC, if they could take a break, for a minute. JC agreed and poured out more water in to her glass.

 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Sandra comes in.

 

"Hey, Mr. Greggs told me that I would find you two in here!" She said as she entered the room.

 

"Hi, Mom. What's the matter? Do you want to hear how my first own song sounds then?" Kate asked her excitedly.

 

"No, honey! Sorry. But we should probably slowly return to Ruby and the others? I fear that your brother would call us otherwise out as missing. And what about Dean? He misses you also determined. He didn't had very much of you yesterday, did he?"

 

Kate looked slightly sad to the floor and was about to protest, when JC said.

 

"All right! We're done for today. Here Kate, these lyrics you will take with you then. To learn them! I'll drive you!"

 

He stood up from the sofa and went to the door, where he met Sandra and waited for Kate to follow.

 

"Marie, come now!" Sandra said.

 

Then Kate dragged herself down heavily, with the sheet of paper in one hand, toward the door.





You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story