Chapter 9 – A lousy feeling


Kate sitting in the back seat of the SUV, that belonged to JC and was still parked at the studio parking lot, from the previous day. She had sat down behind JC and looked out the side window. The whole trip she just thought about what Justin had said last to her.

 

... How would your friend feel if he would learn about you and JC?

 

Kate wondered how she would feel, if it would be her to find herself in Dean's shoes. And she suddenly felt like she would throw up in this car immediately.

 

How can I do that to Dean? He does not deserve such a thing! She was thinking. But on the other hand? What can I, or my heart for it, when I fall in love?

 

Kate knew that was quite stupid, what she was thinking. But she could simply not think of something else at this point.

 

I love ... JC! She said in her mind again. A little more certain to herself, and did not notice that they had already arrived at Ruby's home.

 

Kate said goodbye to JC and went into the house before her mother, this one was still in conversation with JC. Kate told the others in the house that she was tired and therefore wanted to go to bed.

So she went upstairs to her bedroom, when she got there she threw herself on to the bed and buried her face in the pillow and silent tears did run suddenly from her eyes onto the pillow.

 

After some minutes, she hears the door open and someone in coming. She is not doing any sound or movement.

 

"Kate? Is everything okay with you?" She got asks by her big brother and felt him sitting down next to her on the bed.

 

Kate still does not respond and simply ignores him. Sebastian leans over his sister and looked directly into her dark brown eyes.

 

"Sweetie, what's wrong with you? Were the producers not nice or did they not like your singing at all?"

 

Kate then shakes her head, but does not want to talk to him about it yet. Sebastian takes her in his arms and asks again.

 

"Is everything okay with you? Do you want to talk about it?"

 

Again Kate shakes her head and remains silent.

 

Their Mom comes in and sits down with them. She asked Sebastian to go out, so she could talk to Kate in private. When he was gone, Sandra started already with talking next.

 

"Kathreen Marie, don't you think your behavior towards Dean is also a little unfair and selfish?"

 

"Mommy, what do you mean?" Kate response only.

 

Sandra looked at her daughter and then said very seriously.

 

"You know perfectly well what I mean, young lady! You and that JC? What's going on with you two? He has watched you throughout the journey through his rearview mirror. And you also look at him, as if he were standing naked in front of you."

 

"Mom!" Kate protested.

 

"Don't you dare! Come me now with Mom, mademoiselle." said Sandra.

 

"Oy. Yes, I really think I'm in love with him." Kate said.

 

"Oh, really! And what happens when Dean will find out?" Sandra replied only.

 

"I don't know. I don't want to hurt Dean, but I really think JC has also fallen in love with me. And that means, I would do hurt just the same, wouldn't I?" Kate confessed to her mom.


Sandra could not believe it. She did not want to admit that her daughter might have more feelings for this Superstar – then for her current boyfriend even.

However, Sandra also thought that Kate was old enough now and she should better not interfere. So Sandra didn't say anything at that moment anymore. And left her daughter alone with her thoughts.






You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story