They headed back to the waiting room, now crowded with friends and found an oversized chair to sit in.  It wasn't quite big enough for them both but it was all that was left.  Justin sat down and pulled Johanna with him.  She slung her legs over the arm of the chair and waited, anxiously.  Justin rubbed her back and she bounced her foot in anticipation.

 

"It's supposed to take this long right?" she asked, everyone else chatting amongst themselves. 

"Well there are five of them," Justin said, smiling.  "Everything is going to be fine."

"How can you be so calm?" 

"I trust.  You have to trust that God will take care of them."

 

She opened her mouth to respond when JC appeared in the doorway looking dazed.  She jumped up, waiting for the news.  When he told them the babies were fine she screamed with joy, as did everyone else.  She jumped and flung her arms around Justin's neck, squeezing.  When she pulled back, they both leaned forward for a moment, but pulled back, the moment gone.  They turned hurriedly towards JC, hoping to do away with any awkwardness.

 

He told them they would all have to wait to see the babies.  When they were all able to go, they shuffled in small groups to see them through a window and then said their goodbyes to the new parents.  As Justin and Johanna made their way to the parking garage, she contemplated everything.

 

"Can you give me a ride?  I took a cab," Justin said.

"Yeah," she said, absentmindedly.  

 

They drove, Johanna's head somewhere totally different.  When they pulled up to her house, she apologized, not even realizing where she was going.  Justin assured her it was fine, offering to come in, wanting to talk.  She agreed and followed him up to her room.  She flopped on her bed, kicking her shoes off.  He propped himself on his elbow next to her.

 

"I can't believe this day," she said. 

"I can't either but if I'm getting real with you, which I want to, it taught me a lot.  I don't want to let things pass me by Joey.  I don't want to waste time not being with you."

"Ju..."  He cut her off with a kiss that felt more natural than breathing.  "It's got to be different.  I'm not working for you anymore.  I'm working with you.  We're a team." 

"Always," he said.  "So does this make it official?  Can I call you my girlfriend?"

"You better kiss me first."

 

The sparks that always defined their relationship reignited with the touch of their lips.  She straddled his hips, sliding her hands under his t-shirt.  He sat up, bring her with him, letting her pull it off as he bunched hers up.  Rolling her onto her back, they scooted towards the pillows.  She slid out of her jeans as he tugged them, lost in the moment.  She reached for his button fly and tugged it apart.  Her hand slid under his waistband before she nervously pulled back.  

 

"It won't bite," Justin said, chuckling as he nipped her earlobe. 

"I know.  Don't you think we should use protection?"

"We haven't before..." 

"It's just seeing all of those babies today and..."

"Yeah, no, okay.  I don't have one on me." 

"Me either."

 

They lay still for a moment, unsure of how to proceed.  They were half naked, breathing heavy with an air of tension between them.  Johanna rolled on top of him.

 

"We'll start tomorrow," she said, claiming his mouth.

 

She worked her hips as he slid out of his jeans.  She could feel him against her through her panties.  He sat against the headboard and reached between them pulling the lacy fabric to the side.  He eased into her wetness.  They both groaned in pleasure.

 

"How'd we go so long without this?"  Justin panted as he thrust into her.

"I nearly broke my vibrator waiting for this," Johanna joked. 

"You've got a..."

"Girl's gotta get off somehow.  Top drawer, side table.  I'll let you play with it sometime."

 

He laughed, his throat vibrating against her lips.  This is what they both loved about their relationship.  They playful banter, always flirting, never stale.  When they were good they were amazing and when they fought it was horrible but they always made up.  

 

He knew her better than anyone from her favorite food to how he always seemed to know when she needed a hand to hold.  Or how he worked her body.  She grabbed the headboard for more leverage, the other arm wrapped around his neck.  He placed little kisses between her breasts and she felt like their bodies were melting together.  She rolled with him as he flipped her to her back.  She cried out to heaven above, panting Justin's name with every thrust until she saw fireworks.

 

As they came down, a tangle of limbs, Johanna couldn't help but feel perfectly at peace. She gazed up at him, a stupid grin on his face, her hand on his beating heart.

 

"I'm not going anywhere," he said, brushing his fingers through her hair.  "I promise," he said, holding out his pinky.

She wrapped her pinky around his and agreed.  "Promise."

 

 

They spent most of their time together, no rushing, just enjoying each other’s company.  They went to visit the babies often and helped out once they came home.  It was nice to feel like they lived a normal life for once.  They cooked meals together, spent lazy days in bed, spending few nights apart.  They talked, most importantly.  They talked about every subject under the sun and when his mother came to visit, excited to meet JC's children, they were able to tell her their news.

 

"Well it's about damn time," Lynn said, laughing.  "I knew you two were a thing the moment I saw you together."

 

After a long morning out and about, they came home tired, wanting nothing more than to cuddle up and watch a movie.  Johanna immediately wanted to get out of her outfit.  She rifled through her drawers, looking for comfy clothes as Justin headed to the bathroom.  She took her shirt off, tossing it aside, reaching for a tank top when she saw Justin come back in, a white stick in his hand.

 

"Were you going to tell me?" His voice was eerily steady. 

"There's nothing to tell Justin, not yet anyway, but of course I was going to tell you."

"It says positive.  You're pregnant?" 

"I don't know.  Those aren't always correct.  I went..."

"That's why you wanted to start using condoms.  Why wouldn't you just tell me?  Is it someone else's?" 

"How dare you!"

"I don't know what you did while we were apart." 

"Get out of my house."

"That's why you didn't tell me.  You were with someone else.  God damn it!  All those nights on the phone, video chatting...how could you?" 

"Justin.  Get out of my house!" she screamed.  "I'm not speaking to someone who just accuses me of things that frankly are none of their business."

"My kid isn't my business?!" 

"Ten seconds ago you convinced yourself it wasn't your kid."

"Who knows, really." 

"Get the fuck out or so help me God I will have you removed."

 

He stormed out the door, slamming it behind him.  She crumpled to the floor.  She was barely handling the situation herself, now Justin had to break in.  Of course it was his.  But how was she supposed to tell him that she was pregnant?  They'd just gotten back together.  She took off her bra and slipped into her sweats.  What should have been a happy day had just been ruined.  God, he was so infuriating.  Her phone rang and she looked at her caller ID.  The moment of truth had arrived. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers assistant tour soloj drunksex justin friendswithbenefits