Johanna breezed back through the door of the LA house, carrying groceries after a long day of watching choreography rehearsals for the upcoming tour.  They were nearing Christmas and his second single and video had been released not long ago and was climbing the charts.  Johanna was excited to go home for Christmas.  She wanted to see the babies and relax before the tour began.  They would be heading all over the world for the next year and there were a few things to take care of before they left.  Tonight was their second to last night before heading home and she had some major packing to do.  In fact, she went out and got a new suitcase just to bring all the presents she purchased home.  She was making tacos tonight and bought a bunch of stuff for the barbecue they were throwing for everyone tomorrow. 

 

Once she got the food simmering on the stove, she set about packing up.  Her bag with gifts was already packed and set to one side of the living room.  She dumped their clean laundry out onto the floor and began folding into piles.  When Justin got home, he headed straight for the shower.  He looked angry but she couldn't tell why.  When she'd left him earlier that day he'd been laughing and joking around. 

 

She shrugged and went in the set up the table for dinner.  She laid everything out and popped the top on a couple of cold beers.  When he came back down, fresh and smelling like soap, she handed him one.

 

"What's wrong bub?" she asked.

"Had an argument with Marty." 

"About?"

"The choreography for "Summer Love."" 

"You don't like it?"

"I love it, except for one part and he kind of fought me on it.  I told him to think of something else because I wasn't comfortable with it." 

"Show me."

"Babe," he said through a mouthful of taco.  "It was just not cool." 

"I'm just trying to play peacekeeper."

"Fine.  You're the only one I'd feel comfortable doing it with anyway.  You know the part where I say 'I could make it hot, make it stop, make you wanna say my name girl,'" he sang. 

"Mmhmm."

"Well stand here, facing that way.  He wants it to be 'make it hot, make it stop'," Justin said, pushing Johanna's top half down and pressing his groin against her bottom.  He lay his hands on her back and continued with the lyrics, "Make you wanna say my name girl," and on 'girl' he thrust against her. 

"So he wants you to dry hump a dancer on stage?"

"Well, he says if I'm gonna sing about sex I should be able to dance accordingly." 

"And you said..."

"I'm not disrespecting my girl like that."

 

Johanna paused, smiling at the kind gesture.  She liked that he was considerate of her feelings.  He looked at her like she was crazy as a small smile crept on her face. 

"That's so sweet," she said, giggling.

"Don't make me feel embarrassed," he said, shaking his head.  "I'm a gentleman, and I wouldn't do something I thought would make you uncomfortable." 

"No, no!" She climbed into his lap, kissing the corner of his mouth as he sipped his beer.  "It's so nice.  But I don't want you to compromise your show for me.  I'm a tough cookie."

"I know you are but you weren't there to consult so I made an executive decision." 

"How about you show me tomorrow?  If I'm horrified, change it.  If I can deal with it, it's fine."

"Why are you so cool?" 

"Because I love you.  And because Marty's kind of right.  If you're gonna sing about sex, you should be able to dance it out."

"Maybe I need a little practice," he said, nipping her neck. 

"I thought athletes aren't supposed to be intimate the night before they have to perform."

"I'm not an athlete and tomorrow's only a rehearsal," he said, standing up, cradling her in his arms.

 

The next morning, they were at rehearsals and Justin was dancing even better than usual.  Everything was looking great and then it was time for "Summer Love."  Justin got a grumpy look on his face for a second but he went through it the way Marty had taught it.  When they took a break he eagerly came over to Johanna to see what she thought.

 

"I don't like it but I can deal.  Just as long as you don't let those hands roam too much." 

"Above the waistband.  Alright.  I had a feeling I'd lose this one anyway."

"And you skip it completely when my parents come to the show." 

"Your parents?  Johanna Ramos, don't you think I should be informed of parental meetings?"

"They hear me talk all about you and they want to meet you when the tour comes to New York and they thought they'd come to the show to see what you do.  My dad asked if you were any good," she quipped. 

"What'd you tell him?"

"Ehh, you're alright." 

"Lot of pressure there Joey."

"What's a lot of pressure?" came a Southern accent.  The pair turned to find Justin's mom, Lynn standing with her arms out. 

"Mom, what are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd come see my babies before we all left," Lynn explained.  Justin's parents were going away for the holidays and they weren't expecting to see her until they left for tour at the beginning of January.  "Come give me a hug you two!"

 

They chatted for a bit before Justin had to get back to work.  Johanna had always liked Lynn and she thought Lynn felt the same.  They were both no nonsense kind of women.  They were almost done with rehearsals for the day when Lynn leaned over to talk.

 

"You know that boy is crazy over you, don't you?"  Johanna was smiling big at Justin who'd just blown her a kiss. 

"I know."

"I don't think I've heard him use the word forever in the same sentence as the word girl ever in my life." 

"Really?" Johanna said, turning to look at Lynn who was watching her son.

"Nope." 

"I thought he was always that intense.  He's been talking big since the moment I met him."

"Oh he talks big about life, his plans, his career...but never about girls.  So don't you break his heart." 

"He better not break mine."

"He's too serious about this to do that.  Johanna, I had to pick him up off the floor the first time y'all broke up." 

"That wasn't easy for me either.  But I'm not going anywhere.  It might scare me that I can even say that with ease but I can."

"Good.  'Cause I like you.  And I want a daughter-in-law...and grandbabies..."  Johanna's face drained of color.  "Oh honey, all in good time." 

"Yeah, let's not rush anything."

 

 

They wrapped up rehearsal early, with everyone heading back to Justin's for the barbecue.  Everyone got changed into their swim suits and the party got going.  Justin manned the grill and Johanna brought out the food.  Trace was behind the bar and everyone was relaxing.  Johanna kept her shorts and shirt on while Justin's mom and Johnny and his people were there.  After everyone ate, the "grown ups" excused themselves.

 

"I left y'all's gifts upstairs in your room," Lynn said. The couple had already handed her a bag with their gifts to her.  "Have a very Merry Christmas, kiss those babies for me and tell Mollie and JC, I want to visit soon so I can play pretend grandma."

 

She hugged them both tight and headed for her waiting car to take her to the airport.  The pair waved goodbye as the car drove away and headed back out to the party.  Everyone was waiting for them to take a group shot.  After pounding the tequila back, Johanna slipped out of her shorts and jumped in the pool with everyone else.

 

Justin watched her wiggle out of her tight shorts and toss her t-shirt off to the side.  Her bikini was tiny and showed off her assets.  He mingled with everyone and they drank and had a good time.  After making sure everyone was safely in cabs back home, Justin and Johanna cleaned up the remains of the party.  An evening chill had come in the air after the unseasonably warm day and they retreated to their room, treating themselves to a long bath.

 

Johanna lagged in the bathroom, drying her long hair and when she came out, she found Justin on the bed, tinkering with his guitar.  She smiled as he played a riff and hummed over the beat.  She set about hanging up her wet bathing suit to dry and got dressed in the shorts and tank she had left out.  She snagged one of Justin's sweatshirts and slid in, warming herself up.

 

"Aren't you something to admire?  Cause you're shining something like a mirror, and I can't help but notice, you reflect in this heart of mine...da da dum dum da da dum dum....."

"Do you ever stop writing?" she asked, climbing in next to him. 

"It's hard not to write when you have a beautiful muse."

"Shut up," she said, blushing. 

"I only speak the truth."

 

They glanced at the clock, noticing how late it was.  Justin had booked a private flight back to Florida so they were not worried about catching some sleep on the flight but they needed to get some now so they could get up and out.  In the morning, they were grateful for having packed early and piled into the awaiting car to head to the airport.  They got on the plane and headed home, sleeping most of the way. 

 

Finally heading back to the place she now called home was a comforting for Johanna.  It had been a long while and she was happy to relax.  They spent the day lounging and wrapping gifts.

 

"So I want to talk to you about something."

"Mmm," replied Johanna.

"I was thinking about selling my house in Orlando." 

"Why?"

"Well I was talking to JC and he mentioned how he doesn't need this house anymore since he's permanently at Mollie's.  And this is a perfect locale, close to Mollie, off the beaten path...so I was thinking maybe I'd sell mine and buy this one?"  He seemed nervous. 

"And throw me out on the street?" Johanna coaxed.

"No, and we live here...together." 

"Justin Timberlake are you asking me to move in with you?"

"Yes and no, I mean you technically already live here," he said smiling.  "So is that a yes?" 

"Yeah," she said with a shy smile.

"Then lets go tell JC we're gonna buy the house."  

 

They headed next door and greeted their friends.  The babies were so big now, some of them had started trying to crawl.  JC was expecting the news and had no issue with it.  In fact, it gave him an excuse to get his crap out of the basement.  The men talked business while the girls tended to the kids.  Johanna helped keep them quiet so Mollie could cook.  

 

The next few days went as peacefully as that, Justin arranging for his house to be put up for sale and arranging for mover to bring his stuff over.  The house had come furnished so he didn't attach to much sentimental value to many of the items.  Just a few things and they managed to shove most of it in the garage.  It almost felt as though nothing had changed.  Like being together was as natural as breathing.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers assistant tour soloj drunksex justin friendswithbenefits