Tour day one had arrived and as they pulled into the arena in sunny San Diego, Johanna got a flutter of nerves.  She'd never done the day to day tour life.  But she was excited and seeing Justin practically jumping with excitement made her feel better.  He walked with his arm slung casually around her shoulders into the venue.  He had sound check and dressed for the opening number before heading to the room where they'd set up interviews.  They'd already agreed to act professionally around reporters and they walked into the room, Johanna leading, not touching.

 

Many of the questions were the same and few were completely off topic.

 

"Justin, you've been spotted out and about with a new lady.  Can you tell us about her?" 

"No.  That's one thing I'd like to keep just for me."

"You've been open about your private life before, spilling details about everything with Britney including your sex life.  Why now?" 

"Everyone has times when they're young and dumb and talk too much.  I've made mistakes in that way with past relationships and I'm not going to do it again.  With my life being so public, it's nice to keep the important things sacred.  So while she is an amazing woman that I could talk about for hours, I think I'll refrain."

"Is it safe to say you're in love?" 

"It's safe to say that this is going to be one hell of a show.  Thanks for your time, hope you enjoy it."

 

Justin politely shook the stunned reporter’s hand and followed Johanna out of the room.  He smirked as they entered his dressing room and pulled Johanna down on his lap, straddling him. 

 

"I must have gotten the most popular girl in school if everyone's so curious about her," he joked, puckering his lips for a kiss. 

"Well maybe if you're nice I'll let you make it to second base," Johanna replied, sliding his hand under her shirt and leaning down for a kiss.

 

They got lost in the moment before the door flew open and a loud greeting from Justin's mother came through the door.  Johanna scrambled off of his lap and her face flushed with embarrassment as she straightened herself out.  Justin looked mortified and jumped up to hug his mother.

 

"I think I might have interrupted something, do y'all need me to come back?" Lynn asked innocently. 

"No, no, actually I have to head out, make sure the girls makeup is all good.  Come find me before you go on?" Johanna said, looking at Justin.

"Wouldn't go on without you," he replied.

 

She smiled and exited the room quickly.  She hadn't been in a position like that since high school.

 

Justin on the other hand was in completely new territory.  His mother's face was stern and she sat across from him, his stepfather looking on, unsure of what was going to happen.

 

"Justin, I hope you know you were heading to a place that comes with big consequences.  And choices like that require responsibility..." 

"Nope, I'm out, not having this conversation with you," Justin said, standing up and heading for the door.

"Justin Randall!  Sit your butt back on that couch and listen when your momma is talking to you."  She waited as Justin plopped back down, with an eye roll.  "Now, I know I should have this talk with you a long time ago..." 

"If this is the birds and the bees talk, I'm good.  Joey handled that when I was sixteen."

"Well I'm going to have a little discussion with Joey about that but I want you to understand honey that choices like that come with big consequences and I don't want you to do anything just because you feel pressure from..." 

"Joey's not pressuring me mom," Justin said, hiding his face in his hands.  "Look, if you insist on having this conversation, then I hate to break it to you but I'm not a virgin.  I didn't lose it to Joey either.  And Joey never pressured me to do anything, I was the one who initiated it the first time, if you absolutely must know."  Lynn's face was bright red and her mouth hung open.

"Well, I..." 

"Mom, I tried to warn you but you just kept pushing.  You have to remember I'm not a kid anymore.  There's a few things I've figured out even if you haven't taught me," he said, heading for the door.  "And don't ask if you don't want to know.  Now I'm gonna go hang with my girl, I'll see you guys after the show."

 

Johanna was still mortified as she did touch ups on the dancers faces.  Her chest was flushed with color and she had pulled her dark hair up in a bun on top of her head to cool off.  When Justin came bursting into the room, she looked at him anxiously.

 

"Come give daddy a kiss," he said, plopping in the chair next to the one she was in front of. 

"Give who?" she said, cocking an eyebrow at him.  She swiped one last bit of powder on the dancers face and she left.  Moving to lean between Justin's legs, she had to ask.  "Does she hate me now and think I'm a huge slut?"

"Yes.  Yes she does," Justin joked, earning himself a smack.  "No she just tried to give me the sex talk and discuss not giving in to pressure." 

"Oh no she does think I'm a huge slut!"

"Baby, I told her that you're not pressuring me and in fact, I initiated everything with you and indeed I had done it before." 

"But she's a proper Southern Christian lady she must think I'm so bad..."

"Yeah-ah," he joked, earning himself another smack.  "Lighten up babe.  She can't think I've been an angel this whole time.  I just think she needed a reality check.  That she can't control everything and that sometimes I have to learn things on my own." 

"Oh yeah and who originally gave you the birds and the bees talk?" Johanna asked.

"Joey...so trust me I got the un-cut, un-edited version." 

"I'll bet."  The lights flickered, giving the signal for him to head to stage.  "Time to shine," she said.

 

They headed towards stage, hands entwined.  They did the group prayer with the whole crew and as they all headed to get in place, Justin kissed Johanna's forehead, then she grabbed his chin and gave him 3 quick kisses.  They fist bumped and exchanged 'I love yous' then it was showtime.  Johanna watched from a monitor below the stage where they were set up for quick changes.  It was so good.  You could tell he was truly meant for this.  She loved the fast pace of the quick change, where she blotted his face as he undressed and redressed as fast as he could.  

 

She cheered as he finished "Sexyback" which she thought was the last song of the set.  When he came down to the quick change, he grabbed a towel and wiped his face.  Giving her a sloppy grin, he tugged her forward for a kiss.  

 

"Great show baby," she said, hearing the crowd scream for more.

"Not done yet.  One last one for the kiddos." 

"I thought that was it," she said, confused.  

"Encore," he stated, pulling her in for a slow kiss.  "Mmm, just needed that bit of inspiration," he said winking.  

 

He took off towards the center stage riser and she saw the piano.  He sat down and it began to lift until she could no longer see him.  When she heard the piano kick in, she knew it was her song.  She shook her head at his little secret and waited for him to come back down.  She took his hand and they headed backstage.  He pressed her against the door, showering her with kisses.  

 

"Well aren't you just buzzing?" 

"Always am after a show." 

"Wel..."  She was interrupted by a knock on the door.

 

His mom and some of their friends who had shown up came into the room, congratulating him and chatting.  Johanna sat on a couch in the back of the room, not wanting to interrupt.  Lynn came to sit beside her.

 

"Lynn I just want to apologize for earlier," Johanna said. 

"Water under the bridge honey," Lynn said, waving her hand.  "I just forget he's a grown man sometimes, is all."

 

With that cleared up, the women bade each other goodnight and Johanna slowly fell asleep on the arm of the couch.  Justin closed the door after saying goodnight to the last person.  He turned and smiled, finding Johanna knocked out on the couch.  They were in no rush, staying in a hotel in town that night before hitting the road in the morning, so he grabbed a change of clothes and headed into the shower. When he got out he was ready to leave so he nudged Johanna awake.  

 

"Too tired to walk," she groaned. 

"Then put on my backpack and I'll carry you."

 

Johanna slipped her purse into his backpack and did as he told her.  She hopped onto his back and he secured her beneath her knees.  When they got outside, the cool air hit her and they could hear a few shrieks from fans who had waited for him this long.  He deposited Joey at the bus doors and ran over to sign some autographs. 

 

By the time they got to the hotel, they just crawled into bed.  The first few nights on tour were hard for Johanna to adjust to but once she got in the swing of things, she was fine.  

 

"Joey, let me talk to you for a sec," he said, plopping down in the chair next to the one where Joey was working. 

"Mmm?" she hummed, concentrating on what she was doing.

"What would you say if I told you that after the Vegas show..." 

"You mean tonight's show?"  she replied, raising an eyebrow, already suspicious.

"Yes.  Well after the show, we get on a plane back to LA and we shoot my music video?" 

"Justin,"  she replied, annoyed.  "That's been the plan this whole time.  That's why everyone has a week off."

"Great so you don't mind being the leading lady in it since I told them you would and it's too late to find another girl?  Great, see you later Jo!"  Justin made to get up and run but Johanna stuck out a hand and shoved him back into the chair. 

"Jess, would you excuse us?"  Johanna asked, still glaring at Justin.  The girl smiled and slipped out the door, shutting it behind her.  "Why on Earth would you tell everyone I would be in your music video without consulting me?!  I thought we were trying to keep this relationship private?"

"We are but if you're in my video, then it's just acting." 

"Not when we've already been photographed together.  People aren't stupid, they know."

"Well I didn't want to make out with anyone else, so I just signed you up." 

"Make out?"

"Yup, there's a lot of it.  You'd actually have to kiss another guy for like a second, but I'm willing to let that go," Justin said. 

"What if I don't want to make out with anyone else either?"

"Then I guess we're at an impasse.  Either you're in and we make out for like a solid 2 days and I talk the director out of making you kiss another guy...or I have to find a Victoria's Secret model or someone to come and make out with me." 

"Fine," she grumbled.  "But only because you're forcing me."

"That's the spirit, love you," he said, pulling her close and kissing her cheek.

"Yeah yeah..."


Incomplete
SLynn is the author of 4 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers assistant tour soloj drunksex justin friendswithbenefits