The next few days, Justin took her around the small town.  You could walk from one end of it to the other relatively quickly.  She love seeing him interact with the older waitress at the diner and exchange pleasant hello’s with the men on the porch of the general store.  This was truly a place he felt at home and people just let him be.  It was strange for her to be able to walk next to him and not have Rob or Lonnie follow behind.  She felt like they could talk more freely and they did, talking about their childhoods and their hopes for the future and everything in between.

 

When they headed back to his house, his mom had made them dinner and they watched a movie on the couch.  When Lynn said goodnight, Justin and Johanna shut the TV off.

 

“We gotta go back to the real world tomorrow,” Johanna reminded him, stretching her legs out across his lap. 

“Would you believe me if I said I could stay right here like this forever and be perfectly fine?”

“No,” she replied.  “Do I think you love this place? Yes.  Do I think you’d live a life of regret if you gave up your career?  Yes.” 

“Maybe somethings are more important.”  The look in his eye conveyed more and though her stomach dropped, Johanna felt like he was right.  She stood up and stretched.

“Maybe they are,” she said, stretching out her hand. 

 

They headed upstairs and she followed him into his room.  Things unfolded naturally, like they were reading each other’s minds.  Johanna knew this wasn’t sex.  This was something more, something she didn’t have a name for.  Time melted away and hours later when she slipped back into her room, she went immediately to sleep, not wanting her thoughts to ruin the moment. 

 

It was a soft knock on her door that woke her late the next morning.  She smiled as Justin entered the room and glanced at the clock on the nightstand.  He’d let her sleep really late.  She assured him she’d be down soon and hopped in the shower.  She took care getting dressed and made sure her bag was packed.  She knew Justin would have packed the rental car already with their other bags.  Slipping downstairs, she had just enough time to indulge in the breakfast Lynn had made for them before they said goodbye.

 

Watching the snow covered lawns as they drove back to the airport, Johanna thought about what Justin had said.  This would be a great place to stay.  It was easy for her to say, she didn’t have a career like his.  She could run her share of the dance studio from here, hell she did it from the tour bus half the time.  Justin had to be in ten places at once.  It was nice to have roots, but his wings pulled stronger.

 

When they landed in LA, they both indulged in some more sleep, waking early to practice for the Grammy performance.  After the private rehearsal, they headed to the Grammy rehearsal.  After a stern talking to from the producers of the show, they headed back to the hotel.

“I’m thinking room service,” Justin said, plopping down on the couch in front of the menu.  “Too many people want a shot of me out and about and I’d rather not.”

“Cool with me.”

 

After dinner, Johanna brought out some envelopes she’d been keeping in her bag.  They were thick manila envelopes and the thudded on the table when she dropped them.

 

“Movie scripts,” she announced.  “I don’t know how your musical process works but if you’re looking for something to keep you busy while you write, you’ve got options.”

“Writing isn’t the problem.  It’s the muse but acting could be fun in the meantime.”

 

They spent the night reading scripts, laughing at some of the terrible ones and acting them out.  They managed to find a few winners and set Justin’s mind on some options he had for the future.  The next few days kept them busy so when Grammy day rolled around and they were about to get out on the red carpet, they didn’t even have time for a game plan. 

 

“So, your publicist will be here. I don’t what they want you to do.  I would suggest minimal interviews, maybe even none but that’s not up to me.  I just…”

He cut her off with a kiss.  “Did I tell you how gorgeous you look tonight?”

 

She had agreed to walk the carpet with him.  No photos, but there for support.  She chose a long black gown, form fitting with sequin detailing.  Simple but perfect.


“Justin, be serious for a minute, you…” 

“I am serious.  And you said no working tonight.  Leave the publicity to the publicist, though if you were to become a publicist I would most definitely hire you.”

“I just worry.” 

“And that’s what I love about you but tonight I just need you as my friend.”

“Well,” she said, letting out a breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding.  “As your friend, I think I’d better get that lipstick off of you before the press goes wild.”

 

They arrived at the red carpet shortly after and were quickly briefed by the publicist.  No interviews, do pose for photos, none with Johanna.  Justin nodded and smiled.  They headed towards the step and repeat and he held Johanna’s hand the whole time. She left him and followed the publicist to the end of the step and repeat, where they would meet up and walk in together.  He looked great and smiled humbly.  There was something off about him that had changed once he got out in front of the cameras. 

As he got closer to the end he caught her eye.  She tried to be encouraging and gave him a smile.   He walked the few steps to her and she reached out a hand to walk with him further down the carpet.  She was surprised when he pulled her to him and slipped an arm around her waist for a few shots.  She looked at him for a moment before turning to the cameras and smiling.  The photographers were shouting ‘Justin!  Who’s this?!  Is this your girlfriend?”

 

He turned and led her away from the cameras and off to the side of the carpet.  It took her a moment to readjust her eyes from the flashes.

 

“I need a second,” Justin repeated to his publicist for the fourth time.  She finally walked away and he sighed.  “I’m just anxious.  I should be excited.  Nominated for a Grammy, performing, all solo.  The pressure of having to apologize if I win is just killing the moment.” 

“Look at me,” she said.  “When you win, apology or not, it’s going to be amazing.  There’s nobody who can take that moment away from you.”

"Just keep holding on, okay?" His hand laced through hers once more and they continued down the carpet.  

 

He waved to the reporters calling out for him and smiled for a few more photos.  They made it inside, unscathed, and were ushered to their seats.  They had timed their arrival so they would enter the theater with only enough time to be seated.  It avoided awkward conversation with anyone.  They were happy to see that JC was seated near them and he gave Justin a fist pound before the show started.  They managed to make it through the first hour with no drama.  Now it was time for his performance.  It went off perfectly, earning a loud applause.  

 

It took Justin some time to get back to his seat, people were stopping him to congratulate him on the performance.  When he finally made it there, he grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers, and pulled it up to his mouth. He kissed it softly before whispering to her, "I wouldn't have been able to do that without you."

 

Johanna shook her head and they turned their attention back to the show.  They were getting ready to announce his category.  His grip tightened on her hand, to the point where she was afraid a blood vessel might burst or something.  When his named was called out as the winner, Johanna's heart dropped to her stomach.  She stood up, following the pull from Justin.  She gave him two quick kisses on the cheek as he hugged her tight.  He reached around her to shake JC's hand before slowly walking on stage.  He spoke eloquently, managing to sound like the incident was just something that had come and gone, which it had.  He locked eyes with her from the podium and continued.

 

"I wanna thank the most beautiful woman in the world..." he said, trailing off before turning to the camera and adding, "my mom, and everyone who helped me get here.  Thank you."

 

Johanna clapped wildly and wiped a tear from her eye.  She'd invested so much time and energy into helping him succeed, it was so gratifying to see other people recognized that.  They finished the show, a bit calmer than he'd been before and headed to the after party for a while.  Justin was riding the high so when he wanted to duck out for some alone time, Johanna was more than happy to oblige.  Her feet were killing her and as they stepped out of the car at the hotel, he swept her off her feet to help ease the pain.  When they made it back to the room, the hotel had left a bottle of champagne to congratulate him on his win.

 

Justin popped the cork and poured them some as Johanna slipped out of her heels.  They drank to celebrate the win and also to celebrate being done with the whole thing.  Sure people would ask him about it forever, but he'd handled it like a champ.  Finally able to relax, he placed his glass on the table and pulled her into the bedroom.  She stumbled along after him, trying to leave her glass, but spilling it in the process.  He grinned as he slid his hands around to her back, sliding the zipper of her dress down.  Johanna pushed at the sleeves of his jacket, getting it off before he could get her zipper undone.  When he did get her zipper down, the dress slid into a puddle on the floor.  He smiled when she teased him, going in for a kiss but pulling away with just a brush of their lips.  She made quick work of his buttons and managed to get him out of his shirt and slide his pants down in one fell swoop.  He kicked them off his feet, laying on the bed and pulling her down with him.

 

They had no need to rush.  Justin was off for a while after this and for once they had nowhere to be the next day.  He lavished her with kisses, spoiling her with attention.  She panted, catching her breath as he moved down her neck, intent on tasting every inch of her.  He dragged his mouth down her stomach, one that had become firmer from their endless lovemaking.  His hands lingered at her waist, grabbing at the sides of her barely there panties.  He slid one hand down the front of her panties and she lifted her hips to help him get them off.  He pulled her back down.

 

"Uh-uh," he mumbled, moving back towards her face.  "We're doing this my way tonight.  I am the winner after all...right?" He slipped a finger between her folds.

"Yes," she said, breathless.

 

He captured her mouth once again, letting his hand drive her crazy.  He moved slow, dragging out every sensation, every spark. Just as her hands began grabbing at the sheets, he stopped.  She groaned, bucking her hips.  He slid her panties slowly down her legs, dropping them casually to the floor. She let her legs fall open, reaching for him as he sat back.  He slide his boxers off and kicked them aside.  He let her pull him down, skin to skin as they indulged in each other's love.  Justin ducked down again, pulling her legs over his shoulders.  He blew softly and she bucked again, making her reach for him.  He pulled back, making her groan in need.

 

Sliding his tongue up her slit, he captured her clit in his mouth.  He knew her well enough by now to know what she liked.  He licked and teased until she flushed with heat.  Just when she couldn't help herself, he pulled back, positioning himself at her entrance and pressing against her.

 

"Don't tease me anymore," she pleaded.  "Jus...I need you."

 

Those were the magic words.  He slipped into her, slowly.  He took his time, giving her the attention she deserved.  On his big night, he wanted nothing more than to make her feel his love and appreciation.  They fit together like they were made for this.  Johanna ran her hands wherever she could reach.  They landed on his hips, as she guided him to her, pressing into his skin.  She flipped him, and he scooted up against the headboard.  His hands slid under her bottom, helping her ride him.  Johanna admired his chest, coated with a sheen of sweat.  Looking at him now, she knew she'd changed.  She knew this was more.  She couldn't deny it to herself, to him, anymore.  

 

"Just go baby," Justin whispered into her skin, feeling her tightening on him. 

"I don't wanna go without you," she managed to get out.

"I'm not far behind."

 

A few pumps later, she couldn't restrain herself anymore and shuddered with release, causing Justin to as well.  They sat, still entwined, forehead to forehead.  When they caught their breath, Justin sweetly kissed her forehead, then her nose, then her lips.  She lay her head sleepily on his chest.  He lifted her gently, slipping out of her swollen center, eliciting a gasp from her.  He lay her on the bed and stole into the bathroom for a towel.  He wiped himself off, cleaning himself of sweat and then grabbed a clean one for Jo.  He wiped her skin, causing her to jump when he got to her sensitive spot.  He tossed the towel aside, climbing in next to her.

 

"Joey," he whispered. 

"Already?" Her voice was raspy.  "I can try to rally."

"No, sleep baby.  Just lift for a second so I can grab the covers."  She obliged and he pulled them up, snuggling up to his girl.  "Sleep, my love." 

"Love you..." Johanna whispered, one second from sleep.

 

Justin didn't question it, just pulled her close and closed his eyes.  The morning sun warmed their skin as it streamed in through the window.  They'd been too caught up to close the shades last night and it made the room bright.  Justin slipped out from under Johanna's arm, wide awake after a fitful night of sleep.  He could help but hold onto her last words.  He didn't know what they meant.  Did she actually love him?  Was she just saying love you in a friendly way?  Did she just love the fact that he had just made love to her for over an hour?  He was confused and he needed to figure out what to do about it.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers assistant tour soloj drunksex justin friendswithbenefits