JC and Kennelly spoke every few days and texted every day. He asked about her everyday life and she asked about his recording sessions. They got to know each other even better after her trip to LA. Nearly every phone call he asked when she could come back out to see him. She hadn’t been able to work it out yet and he was frustrated. She seemed to have time for her other friends and even a Luke Bryan concert with Marilyn in Indiana but she couldn’t get back out to him. Their last phone call had ended a little heatedly because she finally snapped at him, reminding him that planes came to Chicago just as often as LA. He was speechless for a full minute before she took a deep breath and told him good night.

Now his birthday was in three days and he was restless. He couldn’t decide if he wanted to stay in LA with some friends and party it up, or be low key with the family. His Mom was practically chomping at the bit for him to visit and he knew he could surprise Kennelly if he decided to go to Illinois. He definitely wanted to see her again but wanted to keep his family celebration separate.

"Hi, Mom." JC smiled when his mom answered the phone the day before his birthday. "How are you?"

"I’m good, honey. How are you? Did you decide what you’re doing for your big day tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I decided. Can you pick me up at O’Hare tonight?"

"YES!" She laughed. "What time?"

He gave her the information and they chatted for a few more minutes. After they hung up, he finished packing his small bag. He didn’t plan on spending too many days in Chicago but wanted to have options. With his bag in hand, he headed to the front door then called a car service so he wouldn’t have to worry about either vehicle when he was away. He didn’t have too long before he’d get picked up so he flipped through his phone, smiling when he saw the latest text from Kennelly and answering her.

You’re nearly another year older. How’s it feel to be one more step closer to 40? –K

You aren’t too far behind me, smartass. – C

You will always go first, punk.

He laughed out loud and shook his head. She kept him in good spirits and never seemed to stay mad at him for too long. They did disagree but she could usually defuse the situation before it went too far.

I miss ur face. Wish I could c u on ur big day. Clocking out soon then heading to the bakery. Unsure what’s on the agenda. Wish it was ur cake.

Would u lick it off me? I do enjoy ur tongue.

Guess u’ll never know. L8r! Mwah – K

With a groan, he slid his phone back in his pocket. She was making it hard to keep his visit a surprise. Finally the car came and he headed to the airport. The flight was uneventful and he landed in Chicago several hours later. It was just after 5 PM local time when he hugged his Mom and climbed into her car. She talked lively as she drove them away from the airport.

"Dad is grilling some chicken for tonight and I ordered you a cake." She smiled over at him. "White with raspberry filling and buttercream icing."

"Delish!"

"We need to pick it up on the way home."

"OK." He squeezed her hand, very happy he chose to come out. "I have a friend who works in a bakery here in the city but I don’t know the name."

"Oh, well, if you find it out, I’ll try it out the next time we need a cake. I like helping your friends."

He loved how sweet his mom was and how she tried to help everyone. Amazingly, she always saw the best in people and he silently wondered what she’d think of Kennelly. They chatted as she navigated the heavy traffic then they pulled up to a small white building with The Cake Shoppe on the glass windows. He met his Mom at the shop entrance, opening the door for her. Immediately they were greeted by an amazing sweet smell. The bell above the door rang and he heard a woman call out from the back.

"Wow!"

"I know." Karen grinned and moved to the packaged bread on the left. "I think we’ll have some French bread with dinner."

"Cool."

The door to the back of the bakery pushed open and JC laughed out loud, hurrying to the counter. He saw Kennelly shake her head in disbelief before coming around the counter to hug him, not seeing his Mom. He scooped her up into a big bear hug as they laughed and she kissed his cheek.

"What are you doing here, punk?"

"Picking up the birthday cake my Mom ordered," he answered then turned her to face his Mom. "Mom, this is the friend I was telling you about, the one whose family owns a bakery. This is Kennelly McCabe."

"He just said that in the car like ten minutes ago." Karen smiled and came to shake Kennelly’s hand. "It’s nice to meet you. I’m Karen."

"You as well. Is your cake white with raspberry filling?"

"Yes, ma’am."

"I just finished it." Ken laughed and headed back behind the counter. "Let me grab it."

She returned with the quarter sheet cake to proudly display for his mother. It looked amazing with crisp boarders and delicate writing. Happy Birthday Josh was written in blue frosting and it had a few balloons. Thinking how delicious the cake looked, JC grinned at her over his Mom’s shoulder.

"This looks fabulous. Thank you!" Karen smiled warmly. "I’m going to look around a little more. I know I want a loaf of this crusty, French bread."

Karen stepped away to look at the pies and JC leaned on the counter, watching as Kennelly boxed up his cake. She looked happy, her eyes practically dancing across his face and he couldn’t stop smiling. She was definitely what he needed. She was like a breath of fresh air and he took inhaled deeply, pulling her in as close as possible.

"You look good, punk." She winked at him. "I can’t believe you’re here."

"I’d planned to call you later and get your address then just show up on your doorstep but this is better."

"Agreed. I feel like if I look away too long, you won’t REALLY be here."

"So…what are you wearing under that baker’s jacket?" He flirted, glancing over his shoulder to see where is Mom was. "Please tell me nothing but a push up bra."

"HA! No such luck, punk."

"A guy can hope."

"Maybe I would have been more prepared had I known you were coming," she whispered as she propped her elbows on the counter, bringing them face to face. "I’d really like to kiss your handsome face."

"I know. Me, too…but…"

"It’ll lead to a lot of questions from your Mom."

"Yeah."

"When can I get you alone…and naked for your birthday spankings?" Ken teased quietly, rubbing the back of his hands. "I’m being clingy and demanding, I know, but I’m just excited that you’re here."

"I’ve missed you so much. I’ll figure something out."

"It’s been weeks since I was in LA."

"I remember." He smiled, turning his hands over so he could rub his fingers along the pulse point at her wrist. "I haven’t been with anyone since you were there."

Pulling back in surprise, he watched her grinned stupidly. He wanted nothing more than to lean in and kissed her mouth, stroke her tongue with his and relearn her flavor. She was under his skin and he didn’t want to leave her now that he’d seen her.

"I think I want a cherry pie, Kennelly," his mom interrupted from the wall to his left. "And do you have any sticky buns left?"

"I’m sorry but we don’t have any sticky buns right now. I have some dough rising but they won’t be ready until tomorrow morning. I can reserve some for you, if you’d like."

"I can come get them in the morning, Mom."

"Can you do anything ‘in the morning’?" Ken teased as she rolled her eyes. "Sure, C. I’ll believe it when I see it."

JC laughed loudly and squeezed her hand before taking the pie from his Mom. Kennelly was right that he wasn’t great at mornings and he loved that she called him on it, even in front of his Mom.

"Yes, please reserve a dozen sticky buns and I’ll send Dad over." Karen laughed and patted JC’s shoulder. "Dad is better at mornings, sweetie."

"I can do mornings when I’m motivated." JC defended then reached for his wallet but Karen stopped him. "Mom…."

"It’s your birthday so you aren’t paying."

He realized Kennelly had packed up the cake, pie and bread into a large bag with handles. Fluidly, he watched her make quick work of the transaction. JC stood with the bag in hand and smiled at Kennelly, trying to figure out a way to be alone with her long enough for a kiss. His Mom met him at the door and he opened it for her, following her out with a smiled over his shoulder. He noticed the bakery closed at 7 then loaded the bag into the backseat.

"Sweetie, could you grab a business card from inside? I don’t have their number and I want to make sure they have the buns before I send Dad tomorrow."

"Sure." JC grinned and forced himself to calmly walk back inside. "Ken….."

He eyed her as she came around the counter, their bodies collided in the middle of the storefront. He felt her hands in his hair and her lips on his. Pulling her in closer, he plunged his tongue into her mouth, moaning at her flavor. He inhaled the sweet smell of cupcakes and laughed.

"God, you taste so good," he mumbled and bit her neck. "So good."

"You liked the way my pussy tastes too, if memory serves me."

He growled and pushed his hardening cock into her stomach. There had to be a way to get her alone tonight so he could get back inside of her.

"Your Mom is waiting, punk."

"I don’t want to stop," he whispered into her neck then licked up to her ear. "Tell me I can see you tonight."

"Baby, I would be extremely disappointed if you couldn’t get away tonight……..but I’d understand."

"I’ll figure it out."

She nodded then took a shuddering breath. He plucked a business card from the display for his Mom then kissed Kennelly one more time before smoothing down his hair and heading back outside. As he got to the door, he looked over his shoulder once more.

"Text me your address, Ken."

"Doing it as soon as I grab my phone from the back."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: girlontop friendswithbenefits drunkjc