"I’m so full." JC sighed and considered loosening his jeans but they were still sitting at the dinner table. "That was amazing, Mrs. McCabe."

"It’s Gram and thank you. There is plenty for leftovers. I’ll pack you some with Ken’s share. My girl is working the next few days so I’ll make sure she eats right."

"Gram, I have food at my house," Ken said with a smile. "I can pack my own lunch."

"Nonsense."

JC wasn’t sure how but he had managed to clear his plate. There had been large helpings of spaghetti, meatballs, lasagna, green beans from Pop’s garden, potato salad, a mixed green salad, tomato slices and fresh bread. Sitting next to Gram had been a big mistake because she had filled his plate for him, insisting he try everything.

The family worked as a team and everyone helped clear the table then the women helped Gram with the leftovers and the dishes. It seemed to be the only piece of dinner she allowed help with. The men were responsible for the children and JC found himself in a heated game of Trouble with a few.

"Are you ready to go?" Ken asked him nearly an hour later when she found him nursing a glass of dark red wine and watching two of the boys battle it out on the board game. "Did you lose, love?"

"Yeah, he was the first one out, Aunt Ken," the little boy missing his two front teeth announced. "I picked three of his guys off in one turn."

"Nice work, Tommy."

"Hey!" JC mocked shock then pulled her down onto his lap for a smooch. "I’m so ready to get out of these pants. I swear my stomach has doubled in size."

"Gram mentioned dessert so we should go before she decides to feed you again."

"Did you get some leftovers?"

"Yes." She laughed and stood, taking his hand and kissing the kiddos. "See you on Saturday, munchkins."

The couple made their way back through the house, saying their goodbyes. JC received another warm hug from Gram and he promised he’d be back before Pop walked them out.

"I’ll be at the bakery first thing to get that fridge taken care of," Pop announced as he hugged Ken. "Don’t even think about sassing me, a chroi."

"I wouldn’t dare, Pop. Good night!"

"I hope to see you again soon, boy."

JC smiled and shook the offered hand then followed Ken to the car. Once inside, he unbuttoned his jeans then buckled his seat belt as she laughed.

"I should take a picture of this and post it on facebook."

"Don’t you dare." He laughed and reclined in the seat, his hand comfortably on her thigh again. "I could seriously doze off."

"Close your eyes while I get us to the condo."

He did as she suggested and listened to the radio. Michael Buble’s Home played and he hummed along then the music switched to U2’s Beautiful Day. More music played and he kept humming, his eyes closed. He jolted awake when Kennelly patted his hand.

"We’re here."

He nodded then climbed out of the car, immediately helping her with the large bag of leftovers. They still smelled amazing and he would have helped himself to another serving if he wasn’t so full. He followed her into the kitchen and she put the items away before turning to catch him yawning.

"I’d like to snuggle with you. I’m not usually so clinging but I’ve been with you ALL day and not allowed to touch you as freely as I’d like so…I propose that we get into comfy clothes then meet on the sofa and we’ll veg out for a little while."

"That’s my kind of plan." He pulled her close for a long kiss. "If you wear the silk gown, you might get lucky."

"I’ll take that into consideration. Do you want something to drink?"

"Ice water would be amazing."

"OK." She nodded and kissed him again before swatting his ass as he headed upstairs. "There are tums in the bathroom cabinet if you need them."

JC had his jeans completely undone before he hit the top step. He kicked off his shoes and shimmed out of the denim before pulling his shirt over his head. He rummaged in his bag for his loose pajama pants and a fresh muscle shirt. He pulled his socks off, brushed his teeth and popped two tums in his mouth before finding Kennelly in the bedroom.

"Wear that, love." He smirked at her in just her bra and panties. "That fits you so well."

She shook her head but still blushed and shooed him from the room. He laughed and headed downstairs, finding two tall glasses of water on coasters in the living room. He flopped down on one end of her couch and reclined it, the foot rest popping up. A deep sigh escaped his lips and he grabbed the remote, flipping channels until Ken came back down.

"I compromised. I don’t want my ass hanging out in case someone comes to the door but I like how you look at me when I wear the girlie stuff."

She was wearing a pair of silk hot pants and a tank top the color of sunflowers with her hair pulled back. She seemed to glow as she walked to him and he pulled her down next to him, snuggling her close. She somehow still smelled like cupcakes and he inhaled deep.

"I hate to ask…but when are you going home?"

"I have a recording session on Wednesday," he mumbled into her hair. "Can you come out soon?"

"I don’t have another block of days off until Labor Day weekend. Do you want to hang out then?"

"Well…my family is gathering in Florida for the long weekend."

"That’ll be so fun for you." She smiled up at him. "How long has it been since all three of you were together?"

"Father’s Day. We talk and facetime but we are all going in so many different directions that it’s hard to work the timing out more than a few times a year."

"I know what you mean."

"So…I assume Chloe is the youngest of your siblings since she seems very needy."

"Yeah, she’s the baby. The rest of us are spread out throughout Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan."

JC wanted to ask where her parents were but he felt like she had already told him they were living in a different state. He didn’t ask because he didn’t want to seem like he wasn’t paying attention. Instead, he kissed her heatedly then arranged them so he was on his back and she was snuggled up to his side.

"What do you want to watch?" He went back to flipping channels.

"I don’t really care. I just want to touch you and smell you and kiss you when I want. Maybe I’ll even listen to your heart since my Gram has."

"About that…what did she mean?"

"She likes to listen to everyone’s heartbeat. She says she can tell a person’s true character by the rhythm of their heart." Ken sighed into his chest. "She’s an old woman so we indulge her from time to time but I think she liked you."

"Enough to force a wedding on us anytime soon?"

"HA! No, definitely not! I think she’s convinced I’ll carry the McCabe name to my grave."

"You don’t think you’ll get married ever?" He pulled her hair just enough to make her look up at him. "Like ever, ever?"

"I don’t know. I haven’t thought about it in a really long time. Not since my first serious boyfriend just out of nursing school. Do you think you’ll ever settle down and get married?"

"Settle down, yes...married, I don’t know. It works for some people but others are just happy being together."

He watched her as she considered what he was saying. Truth be told, he hadn’t thought marriage would ever be his thing. He loved kids but wasn’t sure he wanted any of his own. What if he made bad choices? Or screwed them up? Ridiculous things went through his head and he didn’t realize she was still talking until she bit his bicep.

"I said, what are you thinking about? Your eyes got all stormy."

"Kids…messing them up…raising them to be little misfits."

"I’m sure your kids wouldn’t turn out like that." Smiling, she placed her head on his chest. "You don’t have to have them if you don’t want them…and there’s always adoption. I know some great people that have been adopted."

"Do you now?"

"Yep. You’re one of them, handsome."

"Do you want kids?" he asked and her head popped up, her eyes wide and her mouth open. "I’ll take that look as a no."

"Uh…well...not a no, just a not now. I like my life right now but it’s VERY full. If I’m going to be a parent, I want to focus as much of my time on the child as possible. I don’t want him or her to feel like a tag along."

"I know what you mean."

"So…no kids right now for either of us."

"Nope, I guess not."

She laughed and scooted up just enough to kiss him thoroughly then settled back down as he decided on a movie.

Neither were paying much to the movie, they just enjoyed being close. He wasn’t surprised when her fingers slipped under the hem of his muscle shirt and she didn’t seem surprised when his fingers eased into the back of her hot pants. Her fingers worked north and his worked south as she rubbed her leg further up his thigh.

"Ken…" He sighed and leaned forward to capture her mouth. "I thought you wanted to snuggle."

"We are…I can’t stop touching you."

"When you touch me, I get hard. When I get hard, I want to be inside of you again."

She flicked her tongue into his mouth then produced a condom. He laughed and wondered where she’d hid it but didn’t get the chance to ask as she pulled her shirt off. They worked together and were naked a minute later. Both were quiet as their bodies joined and they set a leisurely pace, neither in a hurry and both enjoying the slow build up. He held off as long as he could but she didn’t go with him so he worked her clit with his fingers until she let go.

"Ah!" was the only thing she said as she returned to her previous position, snuggled next to him.

"Let’s go to bed, love."

She nodded then they turned off the TV and lights before heading upstairs.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: girlontop friendswithbenefits drunkjc