Lance and Angie decided to have dinner alone at a small, quiet restaurant. They ordered their favorite Italian dishes and tried each other’s. Angie had a long piece of spaghetti she was trying desperately to suck up before Lance thought she was a dip with no manners. He smiled at her with the cutest shy expression, slipping his finger underneath the thin noodle and placing the opposite end in his mouth. His eyes held hers as they closed the short distance between them, their lips brushing softly before they pulled away chewing.

 

"Lady and the Tramp." Lance chuckled.

 

"Oh, yes! I never would have remembered that."

 

"I loved watching that movie when I was little. It just made me believe that love could concur all, you know?"

 

"Yeah." She smiled and held his hand. They were silent for several minutes.

 

"When do you leave?" he asked softly.

 

"Sunday at 2. You?"

 

"Monday night."

 

"Well, don’t be so sad. I mean, we still have all day tomorrow, some time on Sunday and the rest of tonight." Angie smiled even though her heart was still sad.

 

"We have to do three interviews tomorrow that will take an hour each and a photo shoot Sunday at 1. But I WILL make time for you," he reassured.

 

"Lance, I know you have to work. I’m a fan, remember? Besides, it’ll give me a chance to catch up with the girls a little."

 

"You are so good to me, my angel."

 

"Well, I try." She grinned.

**********

Kris called ahead to the restaurant Joey had suggested and found out they didn’t take reservations. There were tons of girls waiting outside the studio when she arrived. She paid the cab and exited before heading to the door but was stopped by security.

 

"Miss, I’m sorry. You can’t go in there."

 

"I’m supposed to pick a friend up for dinner. He sent me this pass," Kris explained.

 

"I’ll have to check this out. Wait in here," the man instructed and opened the door to a very small room with just two folding chairs.

**********

Candy and Justin were having fun people watching at a mall with Justin incognito.

 

"They are definitely lover." Candy smiled at the young couple walking towards them.

 

"Yes, but soon they’ll be three. See the bag?"

 

"Kids R Us. Or it could be a gift."

 

"Maybe. I’ll bet they’ve been married for like 50 years." Justin gestured to an older couple.

 

"Probably."

 

"Do you see yourself married for 50 years to the same man?"

 

"I think it’s possible. Do you?"

 

"Same man? NO!" he teased. "But same woman, definitely. As long as she’s willing to work and grow in at least a similar direction as me, you know?"

 

"Exactly. I don’t want someone to hold me back, but to support me."

 

"And be completely honest."

 

"Most definitely. I don’t have time to play mind games," Candy explained.

 

"Exactly. But she’ll have to tolerate the guys and my family," he said with a smile.

 

"My family is a must. They aren’t always the easiest people to like, but I love them," she answered honestly.

 

"I know what you mean. Wanna get some caramel corn?" he offered as he stood.

 

"Yes, but I’m too tired to walk," she pouted.

 

"Hop on." He slapped his ass. "I’ll carry you."

 

"OK." She pinched him before getting a piggy back ride to the little store.

**********

Angie and Lance were taking a stroll near the hotel. He’d sent Max away so they could be completely alone. Reluctantly, the large man had agreed. Neither said much, but they both enjoyed just being together.

**********

Kris looked at her watch again. It had been nearly 30 minutes since the security guard had left her in the little room. Fuck this! she thought as she stood and opened the door. No one was around so she wandered down the hall. She could hear music playing and headed toward it.

 

"Good. Once more with more bass," JC’s voice could be heard through the door marked 4.

 

Finally! she thought and started to open the door.

 

"May I help you?" a voice boomed behind her.

 

"GOD! You scared me. I’m looking for my friend, JC. We are supposed to have dinner," she explained.

 

"Sure! That’s what they ALL say. OUT!"

 

"But…"

 

"OUT!"

 

"Just go ask him, please."

 

"OUT NOW! The guard snarled and grabbed Kris’ arm hard, shoving her toward the entrance.

 

"OUCH! Just go ask him!" Kris pleaded.

 

"No, they are recording."

 

"Then let me use your phone."

 

"Absolutely not. GET OUT!"

 

"I’m telling you the truth. I have a pass. Let go of my arm and I’ll show you," she continued to plead.

 

"I SAID OUT!"

 

"Wait! Let her go. I’ve been expecting her," JC interrupted as he stepped through the door.

 

"Sir, are you sure?" the guard asked.

 

"Yes, I gave her the pass and added her to the list."

 

"OK, then."

 

"Please release my arm," Kris demanded and the woman did before leaving.

 

"Hi." He smiled.

 

"Hi. How’s it going?" she asked and stepped closer to him.

 

"Ten minutes and we’ll be done. Wanna come in and listen?"

 

"Will they mind?" HELL YES!! OF COURSE I WANNA HEAR!!!

 

"They’ll just have to tolerate it for ten minutes since they pulled me away from you twice today." He grinned down at her.

 

"OK."

 

"Good! Let’s go." He nodded and took her hand.

*********

Angie smiled up at Lance as they headed back to their hotel, hand in hand.

 

"When does your next semester start?" he asked.

 

"Not until after Labor Day. Why?"

 

"Just asking. Maybe I could fly you to see me…for like a long weekend…or something." He shrugged.

 

"I’d like that. I do have tickets to one of your concert." She smiled and swung their hands.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yep. Me and my sister, the Chris fanatic."

 

"I’m so glad. I’ll make sure you both can get back stage. You should go down to the FumanSkido showroom and pick out something for her," Lance offered.

 

"Think Chris would mind? I’d gladly pay for it. She’d SO love it."

 

"It doesn’t hurt to ask," Lance said as his phone rang. "Excuse me. Hello?...Hey, Joe! What’s up?...I don’t know…OK, I’ll ask her. Ang, do you wanna go over to Club NY? Joey and Chris are there."

 

"Sure but I need to stop at the hotel."

 

"OK. Joe…yeah, we’ll be there in a little while…No, but he’s with Candy…Yeah, you could…He’s supposed to have dinner with Kris…No, Joe…But he’s been at the studio like ALL day…No…Leave them….Hello? Hello?"

 

"You’re so sweet! Thanks for trying to help Kris have some down time with JC."

 

"Did it earn me some brownie points?" He smiled as he held the door for her.

 

"Maybe. I’ll be right back."

 

"I’ll get Max and meet you back here."

 

"OK."

*********

"Are you sure you don’t want any more Jelly Beans?" Just asked.

 

"No, thank you." More sugar? Are you crazy? I’m already bouncing off the walls!

 

"Well, you can barely sit still. Guess you don’t need anymore. Damn! You look like JC when he’s on stage," he teased.

 

"I need to burn off a little of this. Wanna go clubbing again?" Candy asked as she stood and his phone rang.

 

"Sure. Hold on. Hello?...Hey, Joe!...She is? Cool. Be Chris is happy…Yeah, where are you?...OK, we’ll be there in a few. Bye! Is Club NY OK?"

 

"Perfect. Let’s go!"

 

"Maybe you should run there," he teased and she playfully shoved him.

 

"Maybe I’ll just work it off of you later." She grinned.

 

"Hurt me, baby. Please!"

********

Kris loved watching JC work and everything he did just added to the fabulous sound. Finally her stomach stated it’s opinion loudly. OH MAN! She cringed when everyone looked over at her.

 

"Sorry!"

 

"Guess we should get going, huh?" JC smiled.

 

"But we’re not done," Stacy whined and sat on the sound board near JC’s arm, allowing her short skirt to inch further up her thigh.

 

BACK OFF BARBIE! I get my shot first Kris thought.

 

"There’s only 30 seconds or so left of the song. I’m sure she can wait til we’re done," she continued.

 

"Ten minutes tops, I swear," JC told Kris.

 

"OK," she answered and received yet another dirty look from the girls of Wild Orchid.

 

"Just a sec. Hello? Hey! What’s up?...No, we’re still at the studio…No, not yet…Here, talk to her," JC said before handing Kris his phone.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey, green eyes! What’s up?" Joey asked.

 

"Not much. Just waitin’ on JC. Where are you? It’s so loud."

 

"Club NY. You should come here after you eat. Lots of people and tons of jams."

 

"Sounds like it," she said with a smile and looked at JC. Stacy was laughing and practically groping his arm off.

 

"Kris? Kris?"

 

"I’m sorry. What did you say?"

 

"Drag his skinny ass out of there! Don’t tell her where you’re going or she’ll trap him on the dance floor," Joey warned.

 

"Who?"

 

"Stacy. You know, the girl who’s shooting death rays at you and rubbing up on JC." He laughed.

 

"DUDE! How’d you know?"

 

"She always does. Stand your ground. He like YOU, not her. See you later."

 

"OK. Bye, Joe."

 

JC finished the song in five minutes and stood to leave. Kris was consumed in her thoughts of the demise of Wild Orchid and didn’t realize he was done.

 

"Kris? Hello?"

 

"Huh? Oh, you’re done? Cool."

 

"Let’s go."

 

"JC, aren’t you going to hug me goodbye?" Stacy pouted. Reluctantly he obliged. "We thought about clubbing. Wanna come?"

 

"No thanks. I’m gonna spend some time with Kris," JC answered and Kris smiled.

 

"But…"

 

"No, thank you. I’ve blown her off twice today and she’s tolerant enough to wait almost an hour for a third try. I will be spending time with HER. The song is finished and I’ll speak to you later. Bye."

 

His words were strong, but not mean. He turned to Kris and quickly kissed her sweetly to accentuate his point. She couldn’t resist sneaking a peak at Stacy to catch her reaction. All three girls stood there with their mouths open in disbelief.

 

"Let’s go, shall we?"

 

"OK." She nodded. "It was nice meeting you. Best of luck with the song."

 

"Where to?"

 

"I thought Chinese sounded good, but Joey said the place you love closes at 10. Can we make it there in 20 minutes?" she asked.

 

"It’s that late? Damn! Why didn’t you insist we leave?" he asked as he pushed the door open, immediately greeted by screams and shrieks. He couldn’t resist signing a few autographs on the way to the cab. "So, why did you wait?"

 

"Honestly, I love the song and you just kept bringing out little things to accentuate the harmonies. I could tell you were enjoying yourself, too. Where shall we go?"

 

"Would you mind if we just went for pizza or something?"

 

"No, pizza sounds great."

 

********

Candy and Just met Angie and Lance outside of Club NY. There were tons of people waiting to get in, but they had no problems. Quickly they spotted Joey on the dance floor then Chris and Danielle. They watched the couple kiss as they approached.

 

"Hey!" Justin greeted and hugged Danielle once they’d finished kissing.

 

"Hi! Hey, Lance." She smiled as she hugged him. "D couldn’t make it this time but she sends her LOVE as always."

 

Angie’s stomach flipped and she felt sick. She attempted to pull her hand from Lance’s but he wouldn’t allow it. She closed her eyes and swallowed hard. Is he still seeing Danielle Fischel? God! What have I gotten myself into?

 

"Danielle, this is Candy. Candy, this is Chris’ girlfriend Danielle," Justin introduced. They exchanged pleasantries but Candy didn’t take her eyes off of Angie for too long.

 

"And this is Angie, my…" Lance searched for the word he wanted and Angie took the opening.

 

"FRIEND. Nice to meet you." Angie smiled and let go of his hand to shake Danielle’s.

 

"You too."

 

"Ang, join me?" Candy offered and gestured to the restroom sign.

 

"Sure."

 

"Gotta hear each other pee again. It’ll sound different without Kris," Chris teased.

 

"The curls from earlier? You know her?" Danielle asked.

 

"Yes, she’s our friend," Candy answered. What do you have to say about her?

 

"Excuse us," Angie said and headed to the bathroom.

**********

"You’ve got sauce on your cheek," Kris said as they enjoyed their pizza.

 

"Oh, thank you. I’m surprised I haven’t dropped anything on my shirt yet." JC smiled across the table.

 

"I’ll probably do that. I always do, especially if I’m wearing a light color." Why did I just tell you that?

 

"Well, if you do, then I’ll purposely drop something on mine so we’ll match."

 

"OK. I will, too…I like you like this…Relaxed, I mean…You seem so…content and happy…Not that you don’t look happy on stage or in the studio…God! Now I’m rambling again. You should smack me when I do that."

 

"What if I’d prefer to kiss you?" he asked quietly with his head low and eyes on her.

 

"Right?" Really? God! Anytime!

 

"Seriously."

 

"Well, feel free…but not to much in front of Candy…or with food in your mouth," Kris teased and he laughed. "Man! Is kiss me that funny?"

 

He laughed harder at her expression before asking, "Are you always so funny?"

 

"No, I have my moments but most of the time I would be considered rather…What does my sister say?...Anal worry wart."

 

"Really? How so?"

 

Kris told him different things that just drove her nuts and he enjoyed hearing about everything.

**********

"Angie, calm down. Lance wants you. Fuck Danielle Artificial," Candy pleaded.

 

"Buy why would she even mention her name?"

 

"To get a reaction out of you. If you’re worried about it, just ask him straight out."

 

"Angie?" Lance called from the slightly open door and Candy went to him.

 

"Second stall. Tell her the truth about your ex. I’ll guard the door," she offered.

 

"Angie? I know you’re in there. I can hear your sniffles. Please come out and talk to me," he pleaded, knocking on her stall door.

 

"No, I can hear you just fine."

 

He didn’t like that answer and forced the door open so he could see her face.

 

"Hi."

 

"Hi," she replied softly as she wiped her eyes.

 

"It’s been over with her for several months. Danielle just likes to push buttons. Guess she found yours," he said with a smile as he squatted in front of her.

 

"Guess so."

 

"Look at me. I’ve never felt for anyone what I feel for you. You make me happy."

 

"But you barely know me."

 

"Yes, but I knew I loved you the instant our lips touched. It’s like…I felt…complete," he spoke softly from his heart.

 

"Complete?" Angie couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

 

"Absolutely. I’m falling in love with you, my angel," Lance whispered before kissing her passionately.

**********

Candy heard the last part and closed the door, smiling from ear to ear. They are so sweet together. Danielle needs to have her hair ripped out for that!

 

"What are you smiling about, beautiful?" Justin asked, standing behind her as he wrapped his arms around her.

 

"I think Lance and Angie make the sweetest couple."

 

"Maybe, but we make the sexiest," he growled with a grin and began kissing her neck.

 

"Do we? You think you’re sexy?"

 

"No, but you’re sexy enough for both of us. Even JC thinks so and it takes a lot for him to admit it verbally," he whispered in her ear.

 

"You talked about me with JC?" What else did he say? Is he interested? If so, how do I choose?

 

"We discussed all three of you after the signing. Does it bother you?"

 

"No, I’m just curious as to what was said. Tell me."

 

"No."

 

"Please," she said and turned to face him but he shook his head. She flirtatiously pressed against him as she pulled his head down to hers. She trailed the tip of her tongue across his lips barely touching him. "Please Justy."

 

"Kiss me and I’ll think about it," he requested and held her to him. Candy obliged and kissed him heatedly. She broke away just when he was starting to really get into it. "Hey! I wasn’t finished," he pouted.

 

"Tell me what was said and I’ll reward you more, OK?"

 

He told her that JC and Joey had agreed with him that she was hot, Lance had said little about anything other than Angie and had even dreamed of her. Little was said about Kris, but they all thought she was pretty funny after getting to know her a little.

 

"Who’s funny?" Lance asked as he and Angie exited the restroom, smiling hand in hand.

 

"Kris. Are you OK?" Candy asked.

 

"Yes, but I need something to drink," Angie answered.

 

""We’ll get you something and meet you back at the table," Justin offered before leaving with Lance.

 

"So. Are you REALLY OK?" Candy asked as they headed back to the table.

 

"Yeah. He’s falling in love with me." Angie smiled.

 

"And you?"

 

"He’s just SO perfect. I’m waiting for the flaw to show, you know?"

 

"Well, I think you look perfect together and your kids will be absolutely beautiful. Did he tell you he dreamed of you before we met them?"

 

"No, when?"

 

"Apparently he couldn’t stop thinking about you after the signing. And, get this, JC, Justin AND Joey all thought I was hot," Candy said in disbelief.

 

"Well, you ARE."

**********

"What should we do now?" JC asked as they left the pizza parlor.

 

"Are you tired."

 

"Nope. Are you?"

 

"No. Joey said everyone is meeting at Club NY. Do you wanna go there?"

 

"Sure. It’s like four blocks from here. Are you OK walking?"

 

She nodded and they headed to the club.

 

"Man! We’ll be here all night in this line," Kris sighed.

 

"No, we won’t," JC said with a grin and took her hand.

 

They had no problems getting in.

 

"I forgot I’m with Mr. AllDoorsOpen," she teased.

 

"Dance with me," Joey said, grabbing their connected hands as ‘Bad Touch’ by Bloodhound Gang started.

 

They found a spot in the center of the dance floor and Kris found herself smashed between the two of them. Keep Joey where you can see him. It’s safer that way.

 

"Hey, kiddo. How was dinner?" Candy asked as she, Justin, Angie and Lance joined them.

 

"Good. What’s up with you?"

 

"Danielle made Angie cry," she answered and saw Kris’ eyes cloud over before they flipped around the crowd in search of the blonde.

 

"Why?"

 

"She mentioned Danielle , but it’s OK. Lance told me exactly how he feels," Angie said with a smile as the song ended.

 

"Which is?" Kris pressed, smiling as she watched Angie’s eyes dance. All three leaned closer together.

 

"He thinks he’s falling in love with me. His words were so sweet," Angie gushed.

 

"You go girl! I’m so happy for you." Kris smiled and hugged Angie.

 

"Don’t forget me," Candy added and joined them.

 

"Group hug!" Joey yelled and the four guys joined them.

 

"Wait! I can’t see Joey. That’s not good," Kris teased.

 

"I’m right here, babe," he answered directly behind her with her hips in his hands. "Exactly where do you want me?"

 

"Far away from my ass. Thank you," she remarked and everyone laughed.

**********

Later Kris smiled at Lance and Angie. They are so fabulous together. I wanna be that in love she thought.

 

"Excuse me, I’ll be right back," she told JC and Justin as she left their table. Quickly she made her way to the DJ and made a request. She headed back to the table and saw Justin alone with Angie and Lance.

 

"Where’d you go?’ Justin asked.

 

"I have a surprise. Where’s JC?"

 

"Restroom. Candy’s been gone quite a while. Maybe we should go check on her?"

 

"Sure. Just a sec. Excuse me, Mr. Bass, please promise to dance the next song with Angie."

 

"I promise,’ he said with a smile.

**********

"Let go! I said NO! Back off, asshole," Candy yelled as she tried desperately to free her wrist from the pimp-looking fat guy’s hand.

 

"Baby, don’t fight it. You asked for it." His breath reeked of bourbon.

 

"No, I didn’t."

 

"You brushed your ass against me, so yes you did."

 

"NO! Get away." She fought but he still didn’t release her.

 

"Excuse me! Let my girlfriend go," JC’s voice broke in.

 

"Fuck you! She’s not yours."

 

"Back off, ASSHOLE!" JC towered over the balding fat man.

 

Finally he released her. Candy wanted to completely convince the guy so she wrapped her arms around JC and pressed her lips to his.

 

*********

"Joey is such a nut," Kris said with a laugh three steps ahead of Justin.

 

"He is."

 

Justin paused and looked back toward the dance floor where Joey was smack dab in the middle of five women, trying to grind with them all. Kris turned the corner and saw JC and Candy kissing. What the fuck!?she thought and felt her heart ache. Wanting to save Justin the same feeling, she quickly reversed direction and pulled him to the dance floor.

 

"What about Candy?"

 

"In a minute. Gotta shake my ass," Kris said and did a funny move.

 

Both laughed and started dancing. She held her fake smile as they continued. What the hell is going on? I thought she wanted Justin? Girl, just make up your mind she thought and saw them make an appearance out of the hallway as the song ended.

**********

"May I have this dance?" Lance asked as soon as the music ended.

 

"Sure but the music hasn’t even started yet."

 

"This is a dedication to A & L from your friends with love. Awe!" the DJ said before spinning Monica’s ‘Angel of Mine’.

 

"Shall we, my angel?" he asked with a grin.

 

She nodded and they walked to the dance floor. They found a spot near the others and smiled at Kris. Lance leaned over and kissed her forehead.

 

"Thank you," both said.

 

"My pleasure. It’s one of the two songs I think best describes you. Enjoy!"

 

"We will," Angie said with a smile as Lance pulled her closer.

********

Candy was still a little shook up and held Justin close.

 

"Baby, are you OK?" he asked.

 

She didn’t speak, but nodded her head as she tried to shake the feel of that man off of her.

**********

Kris stood back, just watching her two friends. One was beaming and the other looked positively terrified.

 

"Wanna dance?" JC asked at her side.

 

"No, thank you," she answered without looking at him.

 

"I’m gonna get a drink then. Do you want something?"

 

"No, thank you." Not unless you want me to throw up.

 

"I need your help," Joey announced as he pulled her onto the dance floor.

 

"With what?"

 

"I wanna try dancing with someone who doesn’t want to fuck me. Just to see what it’s like."

 

"Well, first off, relax your grip. I don’t want to feel your…friend."

 

"Oh, sorry. Habit!" he said with a laugh and released her a little.

 

She gave him some other tips until the song ended. She’d completely pushed JC and Candy from her mind. They met back at the table with Chris, JC and Danielle.

 

"Hey, JC. I forgot to tell you that Bobbi is free for the movie awards in June," Danielle announced with a smile and watched Kris’ face.

 

"Does she have a ticket?" he asked at Kris’ side.

 

"I’m sure you can arrange something for her."

 

"Do you ever stop?" Angie asked.

 

"It will take a lot more than that to make me cry tonight. Look, I get that you are friends with some of the former women in their lives but that doesn’t give you the right to hurt us. You don’t even know us of the extent of any of our relationships. Actually, I think it’s kinda sad that you wouldn’t even give us a chance to become friends. Personally, I think these are two of the nicest women you will ever meet. Maybe, if you’re lucky, they’ll overlook your little….incident earlier," Kris said.

 

"I was just…." Danielle started.

 

"Defending your friends. Completely understandable but do you have THAT many friends that you couldn’t use three more?" Candy asked.

 

"I know I’m always looking for more," Angie added.

 

"I’m just persistently annoying enough that you have to like me…at least enough to laugh at me," Kris said with a smile and everyone chuckled.

 

"Fine. I give in. Just please leave my man alone," Danielle pleaded.

 

"No problem," Candy and Kris answered.

 

"I’ve already got my hands full with Lance," Angie answered.

 

NSYNC just watched in amazement as a potentially explosive situation turned into something with possible friendship developing.

 

Kris’ mind kept flashing the image of JC and Candy kissing. I gotta know! ‘Where You Are’ by Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey started.

 

"JC, will you dance with me?" Kris whispered.

 

"Absolutely," he answered with a grin.

**********

"You look tired," Lance said to Angie.

 

"I am. Are you ready to go?"

 

"Sure. Guys, we’re heading out."

 

"OK. We’ll see you tomorrow," Candy smiled, but her eyes still looked funny to Angie.

 

"Are you OK?" Angie asked quietly.

 

"I’m getting’ there. Think of some ideas as to what we can do tomorrow."

 

"I will. Get some rest, OK?"

 

"I’ll make sure she does," Justin said with a smile with his arms secured around Candy.

 

"Ang, stop by the showroom and get something for your sister tomorrow," Chris offered.

 

"I will. Can Kris come too?" she asked, thinking of her friend’s sister, too.

 

"Yeah. Just tell the clerk to page me and I’ll show you around," Danielle offered.

 

"OK. Thanks. Bye!"

**********

"You’re kinda quiet. Are you OK?" JC asked Kris and tried yet again to hold her closer.

 

"There’s something I have to…."

 

"We’re heading out," Lance interrupted as he and Angie stopped near their friends.

 

"OK." Kris smiled.

 

"Do you know what’s up with Candy?" Angie asked Kris quietly as the guys talked about the interview.

 

"I have a vague idea. I’ll make sure she’s OK before I leave."

 

"Thanks!"

 

"Enjoy Lance," Kris said with a wink.

 

""Oh, she will," Lance interjected before leading Angie away as the song ended.

********

Candy watched the exchange between Angie and Kris. She then saw Kris pull away from JC and head back to the table.

 

"Justin, I need to talk to Kris for a minute. I’ll be right back."

 

"OK."

 

She walked to her friend and pulled her aside.

 

"Don’t keep her too long," JC called as they headed to the restroom and he waited at the end of the hallway just in case the pimp guy came back.

 

"What’s going on?" both girls asked at the same time. They chuckled for a second.

 

"What’s changed with you and JC?" Candy asked.

 

"There is no me and JC. What’s going on with you, Justin and JC? Candy don’t hurt either one of them," Kris pleaded softly.

 

"JC and me?"

 

"Yes, if you wanna make a go of it with JC…"

 

"What?"

 

"I’ll distract Justin tomorrow to give you some down time with JC," Kris offered.

 

"Are you INSANE?"

 

"If we work together, you may not get caught. I thought maybe I could…"

 

Candy stood in disbelief as Kris rambled on about helping Candy be alone with JC. What is she on? Why would she think that?

 

"Kris, I don’t want…"

 

"It’s OK. I understand. Just be happy," Kris smiled and held the door open. "Let’s go. He’s waiting."

 

Candy walked out in a daze. My God! What just happened?

 

"Hey, Justin. Dance with me please," Kris said.

 

"Sure but Candy should dance, too."

 

"I’ve got her covered," JC said with a smile and held her close as Macy Gray’s "I Try’ played.

 

"We’ll have to play some ball tomorrow," Kris said to Justin before Chris and Danielle slipped between the two couples.

 

"Sure, but I have to warn you, I’m pretty damn good," he stated with a grin.

 

"That cheesy grin does nothing for me. You’re a little too young, Justy. But I’ll gladly put you in your place anytime."

 

"Exactly how old are you, Grandma?"

 

"Age is entirely relative."

 

"How old?"

 

"23 until December. Do I look that old?" she asked with a smile.

 

"No, but we’ve only seen your relaxed side. I’m sure there’s more to you. Time will show it all," Justin said seriously. "Damn! You ARE short."

 

"I once did a play in church that said good things come in small packages. Sometimes I believe that, but then I’ll meet an exception and wonder about it. Did that make sense? I’m babbling. Forgive me."

 

"Babble away. I’ll just ignore you," he teased with a grin.

 

"Better not!" She playfully pushed him as they both laughed.

********

Candy was still confused as she danced with JC.

 

"Has that guy bothered you again?"

 

"No, but something happened with you and Kris, didn’t it?" she asked and looked up into his eyes. Damn! He’s such a hottie!

 

"I can’t figure it out. She was fine until…"

 

"What?"

 

"Could she have seen us kiss?"

 

"Oh man! Not it all make sense."

 

"What does?"

 

"We’ll she’s pulling back from you and has offered to distract Justin tomorrow so we can have some down time. Shit!"

 

"OK?" JC said, not quite understanding.

 

"See, Kris and I both have TWO faves."

 

"OK. So you have a weak spot for Lance, too?" he asked, not getting the picture.

 

"No. My faves are Justin and you. She knows this, saw us kissing and will cut off everything with you until she knows I’m happy," Candy said in a rush.

 

"Oh, OK. So what do we do?" he asked as the song changed.

 

"We tell them what happened."

 

"OK. By the way, I think you’re great. Especially for Justin. Just remember he can get a little overwhelming. Just be straight with him. Promise?"

 

"I promise."

**********

"Well, it’s 2 am and I’m tired. I’ll see you tomorrow," Kris said and headed to the door.

 

"I’ll go with you," JC called after her.

 

"We’ll go too," Candy said as Justin yawned.

 

The four of them crowded into a cab.

 

"Hey, JC. Tomorrow Justin and I are gonna play some ball and I thought maybe you could show Candy the studio since she’s a recording industry major. That way she’ll have something to do while I’m beating Justin’s ass," Kris said and winked at Candy.

 

"Well, Just has access to the studio, too," JC said. "Besides maybe I’ll have to help Justin restore honor to our name."

 

"Thanks, man. The little half-pink might slip away from me," Justin laughed.

 

"There’s nothing wrong with short people," Candy defended.

 

"Yeah, sometimes good things come in small packages," JC said with a smile at Kris, but she wouldn’t look at him.

 

Man! He can be so sweet…but he and Candy want to be together. I have to back off. It’s not like I was REALLY in the running anyway. But we did kiss…but so did they…FUCK!

 

"Kris said that a little earlier. Man, that’s weird that you’d think the same thing like that," Justin said.

 

"Guess they’re just in sync," Candy teased and everyone except Kris chuckled.

 

"What? Oh!...HAhahah," she came back as they arrived at the hotel.

**********

Angie exited her bathroom after her shower and Lance wasn’t there. Quickly she found a note on her pillow. Went to get my pajamas. I took your key. Be right back – Lance. She smiled and climbed under the covers, quickly falling asleep. Soon after, she felt his arms and sighed as she dreamed.

 

"I love you," she heard his deep voice whisper.

**********

Candy kept look at JC, trying to urge him to tell Kris how he felt as they rode the elevator. He was SO not getting the message though.

 

"Do you mind if I sleep over?" Justin whispered.

 

"I’d like that," she answered and kissed him.

 

"Good."

 

She glanced at Kris. Her face hides SO much.

 

"Anyone up for a movie?" JC asked.

 

"No, thanks," Candy and Justin replied together.

 

"Kris?"

 

"I’m sorry. What?"

 

"Do you wanna get a movie with me?" he repeated.

 

"Oh…I…"

 

"Of course she does," Candy said as the elevator arrived at the girls’ floor.

 

"Sure. Just let me use the restroom," Kris reluctantly agreed. I’ll just talk Candy up.

**********

Lance heard Kris’ door shut and got up to close the connecting door so Angie wasn’t disturbed. He peeked in and saw Kris sigh heavily with her face in her hands. Quietly he walked to her.

 

"Kris?"

 

"Oh, hey. Sorry. Did the light bother you?" she asked with a smile, be he could see she wasn’t happy.

 

"No. Are you OK? Where’s JC?"

 

"We’re supposed to get a movie in his room."

 

"Are you OK?" he asked again.

 

"I’m fine. I’ll see you tomorrow," She said and ended the conversation by entering her bathroom.

**********

Candy watched Justin carefully as they watched TV a little later. How will he take this?

 

"What, baby?" he asked and pulled her closer.

 

She took a deep breath and spilled her guts about the fat ma and kissing JC. He sat quietly for what felt like an eternity.

 

"Are you OK? Did he hurt you?"

 

"No, I’m fine."

 

"Good," Justin said and cuddled her.

 

"Are you made about JC?" She had to know.

 

"I understand. I’m not happy about it but I’m thankful he was there," he replied truthfully.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes, but I’d prefer if it didn’t happen again."

 

"I don’t plan on it," she said with a smile and kissed him good night.

**********

JC opened the door smiling. Kris looked determinded.

 

"Hi," he greeted and bent slightly to kiss her lips but got her cheek instead.

 

"We have to talk. I’m not sure how exactly how this is gonna play out…." She rambled.

 

Quickly he kissed her liips, hungrily. It totally took her by surprise and she didn’t resist at first.

 

"No, you like Candy," she said mostly to remind herself.

 

"Yes, I think she’s beautiful…"

 

"OK then. Take her to the studio or whatever while I distract Justin."

 

"But you intrigue me," he finished.

 

"That’s fabulous, but back to the point. You and Candy…you should…"

 

"You’re not listening," he said as he stopped her pacing and made her face him.

 

"What? I wasn’t listening. What’s your idea?"

 

"My idea is to leave Candy and Justin alone. Why are you so concerned with everyone else’s happiness? When is it your turn?"

 

"I’m happy," she said half heartedly.

 


Incomplete
KrisB is the author of 16 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story