Story Notes:
This story was written by my most bestest friend and she wanted me to share it with you. We have fallen in love with this story and hope you will too. Please if you have time leave us a review telling us what you think. Love hearing from you. Thank you for reading. 
"Sharon, I got you an audition," Katie told her over the phone.
"Great! For what and where?" Sharon asked. Her manager, who also doubled as her best friend was the best. One of the best in the business. 
"Tomorrow morning at nine at the plaza building downtown Hollywood."
She heard Sharon grumble and laughed to herself. Sharon was not a morning person. 
"Sorry, go on.  I'll deal," Sharon said shaking her head. 
"You can audition for piano or singing or both. It's up to you."
Sharon waited for her to continued explaining more information about the audition, but she didn't. Putting her guitar down, Sharon sat up a little.
"That's it? That's all I get to know? You've got to tell me more than that, Kate."
"I sorry, but I can't. I don't know anymore than that."
"How is that possible?"
"I got a call from someone that told me you would be perfect for a job and recommended you audition for it. It's being kept very hush hush, which tells me this a big to do. The only information I was give was the time and place."
Sharon's eyes grew big at that. How big was this? What exactly was this job for and who would have recommended her? So many questions were running through her mind.
"Hello? Earth to Sharon," Katie said for the third time.
"Sorry. Who called you?"
"It was anonymous."
"What the hell."
"I know. Wish I could give you more to go on."
"Me too," she laughed. "Are you sure this is for real? What if it was just a joke?"
"Then you can beat my ass," Katie offered. 
Sharon snickered. "As appealing as that sounds, I won't do that. Thanks for calling."
"You're welcome. Just be ready to play or sing anything, which I know you'll have no problems doing. You're a natural. Oh, and make sure you show up on time."
"I was late only once, and that was only because of my stupid alarm clock," Sharon said defensively.
"Then set a dozen alarms." Katie heard Sharon mumbling. "You're giving me the finger through the phone, aren't you?" 
"I would never do that."
"Sure you wouldn't."
Sharon laughed. "I'll call you tomorrow and let you know how it went."
"You better. Alright, now go practice."
"Why? I'm a natural, remember?" She said with a grin.
"Good bye, you pain."
"Bye, Katie."
Sharon hung up and sat on the couch thinking. Over the last nine years, Sharon had put herself our there as an artist a lot. No matter how big or small the job was, she took it. She had played piano and been the backup singer for many artists and she loved it. Loved every minute of it. It had gotten her name out there and because of it, she often got calls for auditions. 
It was never her dream to make it big in the business as a solo artist. Instead, Sharon's dreams were to be on the stage with those artists who had made it big, and to support them. Many people considered it to be settling, but Sharon didn't. 
There had been many times that she had been up on stage by herself singing and playing piano, mainly at open mic nights, but the feeling she got singing with a big named artist was what she loved. 
Picking up her guitar up again, she started idly strumming the strings. She could barely play the thing, just enough to pluck out some notes to a new melody that she made up. And as she sat there with her thoughts, she began making up a new song. 
Later that day, Sharon went to her piano. She began practicing and getting together a few pieces of music she could play and sing. Not knowing who the audition was for, she would have to decide when she got there what to audition with. It made her more nervous that way, but she would be ready, there was no doubt in her mind. Sharon would blow then away, just like she always did. 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story