The rest of the week went by painfully slow for Sharon. On top of dealing with her own anxiety she had to deal with Katie. Katie was bugging the hell out of her, begging to know who the audition was with. Sharon even went as far as to ignore her calls, then would get yelled at by Katie later for it. 
Friday finally came, the day she would find out about the job. And now she sat in a cafe eating lunch with Katie.
Sharon had her phone sitting on the table and she checked it again before going back to her meal.
"I knew getting together with you today was going to be a bad idea," Katie said, shaking her head. 
"I'm sorry. I'm anxious. I just want the call to happen already," Sharon apologized. "But, might I remind you that you've been a pain in the ass this week, so you should be surprised I got together with you."
"I can't help it, I'm dying to know."
"The last thing I need to do is break my disclosure agreement before I even hear about the job, or heaven forbid I get the job and they find out about it."
"From what you said about how your audition went and the reaction you got from whoever it was, I don't think you're going to have a problem getting the job."
"You have to say that, you're my manager."
"True. But I say that as your best friend too."
"As my best friend you have to say that too."
"Alright, I might be a little biased. But I also know how damn good you are and I still don't think you're going to have a hard time getting it."
"I hope so. I really want this one Katie. More than I've wanted any other job before."
Katie gave her a reassuring smile, also hoping she was going to get the job. She hadn't seen her so excited about something in a while.  
After their lunch, they walked downtown Hollywood for a while before heading back to Sharon's apartment. 
Sharon sat at her piano doing everything in her power to not to check her phone every second while Katie played on her iPad, enjoying Sharon's music. 
Out of the blue Sharon's phone went off. Both looked up and stared at the phone. Katie smirked. 
"Don't even think about it Katie!" Sharon warned. 
Katie dove for the phone that was sitting on the coffee table. Just as Sharon dove for it. Sharon was fast enough and grabbed the phone before Katie could get to it. 
"God damn it Sharon," Katie exclaimed laughing. 
"Hello," Sharon answered winded. 
"You ok?" Justin asked concerned. 
"Yes sorry," Sharon said giving Katie a dirty look. 
She quickly went into her bedroom and closed the door.
"Hope I'm not catching you at a bad time."
"Not at all," Sharon assured him. 
"How have you been the last few days?" Justin asked.
Sharon paced in her bedroom, her heart beating heavily.
"I've been good. How about you?"
"Good, thanks. I'll get right to the point. I would love for you to be apart of my band, Sharon. I think you would be great. You and your voice are strong and exactly what I'm looking for. I think you would be a perfect fit."
Sharon stopped pacing and stared at the ceiling. God she couldn't believe this was happening. She was going to work for Justin Timberlake.
"I would love to be part of your band. Thank you so much," Sharon said biting her lip. 
"Great!" Justin said excitedly. "I will email you the location and time of our first rehearsal. And also some music. The first rehearsal will be on Monday. I hope you will be ready for a busy schedule."
"I'll be ready." 
"Good," he said with a wide smile. "I will see you soon."
She swallowed thickly. "I look forward to working with you."
After a quick goodbye, Sharon pressed end and threw her phone to the bed. Oh my god. She was actually going to work for Justin Timberlake. She couldn't stop her feet from bouncing off the ground. Grabbing her pillow, she screamed into it. 
"I'm taking that you got the job?"
Turning around she noticed Katie standing in the doorway. She quickly threw the pillow to the bed and straightened her shirt out. Still smiling she walked past Katie into the living room. 
"You're still not going to tell me?!"
"Nope sorry. It's still a secret until the fourteenth."
"Ugh. But you got it?"
Sharon turned around and grinned big. "I got it!"
"That's great!" Katie said giving her a hug. I'm so happy for you girl. When do you start?"
"Monday. I'll be getting an email."
On que, Sharon's phone chimed that she got an email. An email from Justin fucking Timberlake. This was a little unreal. Smiling, she opened it up and started reading. 
"I'm going to die," she muttered shaking her head. 
"How early?" Katie asked, knowing there was only one thing that Sharon couldn't handle well. 
"Eight AM every morning. Long days." 
"Good luck," she said laughing. 
"Thanks," Sharon replied rolling her eyes.
She read through the rest of the email then opened the attachment with the songs in it. They were all songs from his two previous albums. She wondered when they would get new ones. 
One thing for sure was, come Monday morning, Sharon would be ready to sing and have her part down to a tee. 
So she spent the rest of the weekend at her piano practicing each song over and over. She was blessed to have Katie who would bring her dinner. The girl was doing everything in her power to hear who Sharon was working for, but there was no way Sharon was going to give up the name until she was given the ok. She had two days until she would be starting an amazing new adventure of being a background vocalist for Justin Timberlake. She couldn't be more excited about it all.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story