Monday morning Sharon's alarm went off at six thirty. She grumbled and hit snooze as fast as she could. Opening one eye, she glanced at her phone, seeing the time. 
"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." She flung the covers back over her head after hitting snooze. This was not a pretty hour in the morning. In fact, no hour in the morning was pretty to her. Only for Justin Timberlake would she get up so early.  After two more episodes with hitting snooze, Sharon finally forced herself out of bed and started getting ready.When she got to the rehearsal building, she walked in and was thrown right into everything. She met the band, which included a horn section, drums, keyboards, and guitars. She could only imagine the crazy amazing sound that could come from them. She recognized the musical director, Adam from her audition messing around on his guitar. 
Sharon met the three other singers. Jack, Aaron and Haley, who she had recognized as the girl coming in to audition after her. The four of them hit it off well. Sharon liked them and couldn't wait to hear what they sounded like together. 
The rehearsal started with Adam introducing everyone and passing out a schedule for the day. Sharon wasn't surprised Justin wasn't there. All the other artists she had worked for never came until a week or two into rehearsals, after they had their parts down. 
The first part of rehearsal, Sharon and the other three singers went off into a studio room to practice. Adam knew what sounds Justin wanted and he split his time between them and the instrumentalists. 
While rehearsing Justin's first single, Like I Love You, they all watched as Justin slipped quietly into the room. He set his bag down and took his coat off. They continued singing until the end of the song. Sharon's stomach had done a few flip flops since he had come in the room. He watched and listened to them intently. Being under his stare was making her sweat, especially the couple of times her eyes caught his for a breed second. 
"Damn. I knew you four would be great together but...damn," Justin said laughing. "I can't come up with a better word, sorry," he added as he walked up to them.
He spent some time working with them on a few songs then he went back to the other room to work with the instrumentalists. She breathed a little easier when he left the room. 
By the end of the day, they had put together a few of his old songs. Justin listened and putting in his two cents when needed. "Tomorrow, we are going to start with some of my new music," Justin said handing them the music. "I will email you the mp3s so that you can listen to it. We will start on it bright and early in the morning."
Sharon groaned inwardly. It was going to take a while to get use to this schedule. 
"See you all tomorrow," Justin said with a smile.
The band started packing up and Justin went to talk to Adam. Sharon and the other singers got their things together to leave. 
"See you tomorrow," Jack said.
"Bye," Aaron said following him out.
"Bye guys," Sharon said flipping through the new music, glancing quickly at the titles. Suit and Tie, Pusher Love Girl, That Girl.
"Can you believe this?" Haley asked her.
Sharon laughed. "No. I'm still on shock."
"You and me both. See you tomorrow girl."
"See ya."
Taking a drink of her water, Sharon put it in her bag. She placed we music nearly in her binder and in her bag, then turned to leave. She was walking out the door when she heard fast footsteps behind her. 
"Hey," Justin called. "Wait up."
Sharon's heart skipped a few beats, recognizing the name. She looked behind her and saw Justin walking fast towards her. He caught up to her and putting his bag over his shoulder, he walked in step next to her. Sharon looked at him and his blue eyes caught hers. She swallowed. A lump had formed quickly. 
"So what did you think of today?" He asked. 
"Today was great. Everyone is so nice and great at what they do. I think we sound good."
"Not good. Great," he corrected. "And today was just the first day."
"I was a little surprised by something though," Sharon admitted.
"About what?"
"You."
"Do I want to hear this?" he asked, making Sharon laugh.
"It's good I promise. I was just surprised you were here so early in rehearsals. I wasn't expecting you to be here."
"I'm here through it all. Get use to it," he added with a grin. 
"It's nice."
Justin smiled at her. "You ready for a busy schedule?"
"Yes." Then she added quickly,  "Besides the early mornings."
"Not a morning person?"
"God, no," Sharon said laughing. "I don't deal well with mornings. Never have."
"I'll have coffee here every morning."
"That would be great if I drank coffee."
Justin stopped walking. Sharon continued walking a few steps before she realized he was behind her. She stopped and looked at him.
"You don't drink coffee?" he asked in astonishment. 
"Have you never met someone who doesn't drink coffee?"
He considered it for a minute. "Honestly, I'm not sure I have." 
Sharon laughed. "I guess I'm a one of a kind then," she said with a smile.
"How do you survive? I live for coffee."
"My caffeine is a can of diet coke a day, that's it. Well...maybe two, if really needed."
"What constitutes needing two?"
"Early mornings," she replied making Justin laugh. 
They continued walking outside to the parking lot.
"Well, then I'll see you tomorrow with a diet coke."  Justin gave her a wave, then walked to his car. Sharon watched him for a second, trying to digest what he just said. She ignored her flip flopping stomach and walked in the opposite direction to her car. 
When she got in, her phone rang. She knew who it was going to be. 
"Hello Katie."
"Do I get to know who it is yet?"
"I'm doing great, thanks for asking," she said rolling her eyes. 
"Well?"
"What the hell do you think? You're worse than a kid. I've told you a thousand times I can't tell you for two more days."
"Fine," Katie huffed. "So, how are you?" Sharon laughed.
"I'm good. How are you?"
"Fine. How was your first rehearsal?"
"It went really well. It's going to be impressive. It already is and it was only the first day."
"Only because you're in the band."
"Well, duh," Sharon said with a laugh. 
Talking for a little while longer, Sharon went home. She was tired. Getting up so early and not sleeping well the night before because she had been anxious was starting to take its toll.
Before she had a chance to think of taking a nap, she got an email from Justin with the new songs. She now knew in two days, the world would have his first single, Suit & Tie. And then she could tell Katie. 
But she was smiling to herself because she got to listen to his new songs before the rest of the world did. And she was more than ok with that.
Shaking off her sleepiness, Sharon put the music on her iPod, took her sheet music and went to her piano. She spent the rest of the night practicing and listening to the songs over and over. She was in love with them. Justin had outdone himself this time. 
She was very much looking forward to working for him and being part of his new music. It was bound to be an incredible experience. 
After practicing a good amount of time and feeling some what comfortable with the songs and her part, she headed towards the bedroom to start her nightly routine. Once she was in bed she took a deep breath and stared at the ceiling. Sleep came quickly that night and she couldn't help the random thoughts and dreams of the man that was Justin Timberlake. 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story