Chris laid in bed next to Melissa, glancing at the clock. He smiled and slid a hand up his wife's shirt, her skin soft as he found a breast and kneaded it gently. Getting a soft moan out of her, he kept going and kissed the back of her neck. “Hi, baby.”

“Mmmm, hi,” Melissa responded softly, rolling over to face Chris. She smiled at him, running a hand over his beard that had grown in. “You kinda look like that one guy...you know. He sings in some boy band.” Kissing him softly, her fingers found their way to run through his hair and pulled at it, getting a moan in return.

“Oh really? Which one would that be? Backstreet Boys?” Chris teased, kissing down Melissa's collarbone as his hand that had been in her shirt was still there, his fingers tugging on a nipple. “O-Town? One Direction...”

“God..Chris,” Melissa sucked in a breath when his mouth found where his hand had been. “Who cares if you're him or not,” she smirked as he looked up at her. “You better hurry, Kirkpatrick.”

With one child, finding a chance to have some private time wasn't that hard. When their second daughter Kenna Riley was born, time got shorter. It got manageable once all of them got more sleep and things somewhat got back to a normal craziness in the house. Then Melissa announced she was pregnant for the third time when Hadley was four and Kenna was three. Cameron Christopher Kirkpatrick arrived, much to the delight and then displeasure to his older sisters. He was Chris' doppelganger and into everything. Now two years old, Cam was the reason all of the cabinets had locks on them and Chris kept his music room locked after one of his favorite guitars got a 'makeover' with some of Melissa's make up. In any case, time for sex in a household with three smallish children came when it could happen.

“Fuck,” Chris murmured when his wife's hand wrapped around his cock and stroked him from base to tip. “Come on, Mel,” he whispered in her ear, his tongue flicking her earlobe, groaning when she got faster. She was naked beneath him and he was ready, moving to where he could enter her. Chris kissed her hard on the lips, his tongue slipping into her mouth as he kept going. “So good,” he said, one of his hands running through his wife's hair after stroking her cheek, moving in and out of her.

“Yes..better than good,” Melissa told Chris, kneading his shoulders, her fingernails digging into his back. “Keep going, faster. Harder.” She let out a whimper when she felt her husband's thumb rub her clit, causing her to thrust a little harder in time with him. “Fuck. Christopher.”

“Yeah?” he smiled, loving the look he was getting. “You like that?” Chris nipped her neck and half growled in her ear. “That's it. You know what you want.” He moaned loudly when he was rewarded with her teeth on his chest, knowing it would leave a slight mark.

It wasn't until they were laying together in a heap of limbs and bedsheets trying to breathe did they hear noises at the door.

“Daddy, can we watch cartoons on the big tv?” Kenna asked through the door.

Chris lifted his head up and cleared his throat, hoping he sounded somewhat normal. “Sure, baby. Momma and I will be out in a few minutes. What are Hads and Cameron doing?”

“Sissy's tryin' to find Fairly Odd Parents. We want Chip Skylark. Cam is here.” They heard a bang on the door and the knob turned with a loud yell of 'Mama' with no success of opening the master bedroom.

Melissa's quiet laughter met his ears and he pulled her close and goosed her ribs. “Totally your fault,” he whispered after answering , kissing her once more before getting up. “What time is Hadley's ball game?” he asked, reaching for his underwear and shorts.

“11:30,” Melissa answered, slowly getting out of bed and finding her panties and some clothes to put on before going to fix breakfast. “What time were you riding this afternoon?” she asked, knowing he had plans to meet up with some buddies to ride motorcycles for a few hours.

“Around three,” Chris told her, pulling her to him once more. “I love you,” he said, kissing her.

“I love you too,” she replied, wrapping her arms around him for a moment. Melissa smiled when she heard Cam yell for her. “I'm being paged by my other favorite man. Nice shirt,” she added, grinning at his Steelers t-shirt.

“I finally got it back after I did the laundry. For some reason some woman thought it was hers.” Chris chuckled as they opened the door to find Cameron sitting in the hallway with a pretend microphone. “Hey killer. You singing?” he asked, picking up his son and making a face. “Dear sweet baby Jesus. Sometimes I think you're related to Joey...Let's go change you, bucko.” They were working on potty training but Cam wore a diaper at night as he carried his son to his room.

“Daddy!” Kenna and Hadley hollered at him and pointed to the television, where Chip Skylark was singing about his “Shiny Teeth & Me”.

“Let me guess, your mama recorded it,” he said, pausing as they both smiled and nodded. “Mel, our kids have blackmail on me!” he yelled before going on.

“I have blackmail on you too. It's called the year 2000 with those plastic clothes,” she hollered back with a grin as Chris didn't answer. She loved their house, that the kitchen and living room were open so she could enjoy the kids and still cook and that it was one level so they didn't have to worry about stairs. They'd bought the house five years ago, wanting more room. It was close to Lance and Addy, making things easy for both families to get together often.

“Momma can we have rabbits?” Hadley asked.

“And bacon?” Kenna added.

“Sure,” she said, getting out the pancake mix and the cookie cutters that looked like rabbits. The girls and Cam loved them and it was a fun way to make breakfast. “You want any eggs?” she asked, watching them giggle at the cartoon that was on after saying yes.

Hadley was her made over, while Kenna was their surprise. Dark blonde hair with Chris' brown eyes. They were close, but different personalities. Hadley was athletic and sporty, enjoying softball and being outside while Kenna liked books. Both girls took dance class, keeping the family busy. Melissa stayed at home, still catering for a few select events that Chris was a part of as host or special guest, sometimes asked by their friends for a private party. She loved getting out of the house at times, but was happy with her life. She and Chris made time for dates and mini vacations for themselves as well as a couple of family vacations a year.

“Much better,” Chris said, coming into the living room with Cameron running into the kitchen to his mother. “Morning babies,” he said, hugging and kissing his daughters as they snuggled on him and watched television. “What's Momma making for breakfast?” he asked, hearing Cam babble to Melissa.

“Rabbits an' eggs an' bacon,” Kenna said, flopping over on his lap. “Daddy, can I go with you on your ride?” she asked, giving him a pout.

“Kenniebear, you already know the answer. We're all going to Had's game and probably out to eat and then I'm coming home and riding my motorcycle. I'll only be gone a few hours.” Chris smiled at her and goosed her ribs, getting a giggle.

“Will you sing us a song?” Hadley asked, bored with tv. “One like Mom likes.”

“Gee, Hads, that's such a broad spectrum of songs,” Chris said, sitting up.

“I heard that,” Melissa said, putting the pancakes in the oven to keep them warm. “You have five minutes until breakfast is ready.” She'd already put Cameron in his high chair and was feeding him his pancake and egg. “Sing them an old NSYNC song.”

Chris thought for a moment. “Lying in your arms, so close together, didn't know just what I had. Now I toss and turn, cause I'm without you, how I'm missing you so bad..where was my head, where was my heart, now I cry alone in the dark. I lie awake, I drive myself crazy-”

“This is the video where uncle Joey goes crazy and the girl slaps him!” Hadley says with a big grin.

“An' Daddy's hair had braids. Did they hurt?” Kenna asked, basically starting a whole other conversation, peppering Chris with questions before he told them to go wash their hands.

“I forgot what it was like when I lived at home with four sisters. Girls talk a lot,” Chris told Melissa as he came into the kitchen and washed his own hands and stole a piece of bacon off the plate. “Mmmm...good bacon.” He looked at Cam who was eating the head off a rabbit. “That good, son?”

“Cake..want more,” he said, doing the 'gimme' motion, his mouth full.

“He's definitely your son,” Melissa said, looking at Chris with a smile. “There you go, bubby. More cake.”

“I like cake too,” Chris whispered in his wife's ear and smacked her ass quickly.

“You're a bad man, Kirkpatrick,” Melissa told him with a smirk, getting the girls' plates ready. “Fix them some juice please?” she asked as Chris nodded. It wasn't anything fancy, nothing like she would have thought back before she'd ever come to New York and met Lance, Chris or any of the guys. She loved that they had a normal life. A busy one, with Chris gone part of the time in the studio with different bands as well as a new NSYNC album to promote and another tour-albeit shorter then the reunion tour, to get ready for.

“You're thinking awfully hard there,” Chris told his wife when he saw her lost in thought. “You okay?” he asked, smiling when she nodded.

“Just thinking about you touring again. The bed will be lonely. We'll be lonely,” she told him.

“You've still got a bit, baby. Don't start worrying now,” he told her, kissing her lips softly. It drove him crazy at times, but he secretly loved how much his wife loved him; that she'd start missing him even weeks before he'd be leaving.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^

Chris swung his leg over his Harley Davidson, starting the machine up. He backed it out of the garage and smiled at his wife who was holding a fussy little boy who was trying his hardest not to take a nap. “Be good for Momma, Cam. Take a nap, okay?” he said, watching his son who just shook his head before laying it on Melissa's shoulder. “See you in a few hours, baby,” he told Melissa, kissing her. “I love you.”

“Love you too. Have fun, be careful,” Melissa told Chris. She watched the black motorcycle with gold ghost flames disappear with the familiar 'potato' sound of the Harley engine fade as he got farther away. Even when he was on his other motorcycle, he was always safe, wearing protective clothing and a helmet. Of course he still had the biker look, smirking when she'd give him a once over after he got ready. “Come on baby, let's go take a nap.”

“No seepy, Momma.”

“What if I let you sleep on Daddy's side of the bed?” she asked as they went back into the house. The girls were quietly playing in their room, knowing Cam was trying to take a nap. “Or do you want me to hold you?” Melissa smiled when he nodded and got still after she sat down in her chair. Cameron was all boy and most of the time his mannerisms made her think of Chris. Their personalities were similar and she could see why her husband was so close to his younger sisters. He was a caring person and affectionate with those he loved. Their youngest child mirrored his father the same way; her love bug.

Ten minutes later, Melissa put Cameron down on the couch, covering him up with the fleece Pittsburgh Steelers blanket that laid over the back. She smiled as she watched him, wondering what little kids often dreamed about. The phone rang and she rushed to answer it before her son woke up, seeing that it was Addy.

“Adeline Bass,” she said, a smile on her face, sitting down in the chair she'd vacated to put Cameron down. “How are things two blocks over?”

“I hear no noises coming from the Kirkpatrick brood. Did you drug all of them? Kick Chris out of the house?” Adeline asked with a chuckle.

“Actually Chris is riding his motorcycle with some buddies, Cameron finally fell asleep and the girls are playing quietly. I'm not sure how long it will last and I should get up and check on them, but I may wait and enjoy the silence a few more minutes.” Melissa's eyes went over the pictures on the mantel, pictures of her and Chris and of their children. Chris always teased her about moving them around and changing them throughout the year. However, he always picked out some of his favorites and more than once she caught him staring at them, a small smile on his face. Melissa heard a yell and Addy cover the phone and say something. “It sounds busy on your side of the phone.”

“I have two children, but some days Lance is my third that makes the other two more crazy than if they were left on their own,” she sighed. “We need to go out for dinner and drinks. Or just dinner. Heck, at this point I'll take a trip to the grocery store and a gas station Slurpee as going out.”

“Wow...that sounds desperate,” she said, a smile coming to her face. “Lance and Chris are capable of holding down the fort for a few hours in the next week. We can order them some pizzas and make sure uncle Joey's on speed dial for when it gets bad.”

“You forget Joey is worse than both of our husbands.”

“Yeah, I-” Melissa heard her phone beep and looked at the caller ID. It was an unknown number but a New York one. She ignored it and then it called back immediately. “Addy, I will call you back, I have a call I need to take,” she said, switching over. “Hello?”

“Is this Melissa Kirkpatrick?” a female voice asked.

“Yes,” she answered, not sure who was calling.

“This is Hackensack University Medical Center. We're calling in regards to a Christopher Kirkpatrick. You're listed as his emergency contact. He was in a motorcycle accident and in surgery.”

Melissa swallowed a lump in her throat, wondering why none of Chris' buddies had called her but pushed that thought out. “Will he be okay?” she asked softly, trying to keep from crying.

“He was struck by a drunk driver who ran a stop light. His injuries are very extensive and they lost him once in the ambulance. They said to tell you that you need to be prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.” She gave Melissa directions to the hospital and instructed her where the surgery waiting room was.

Hanging up, she let the phone fall to the floor beside her with a thud. She swallowed hard and sucked in a breath, not sure of what to do next or who to call first. Grabbing her cell phone, she dialed Addy back. When Lance answered with a jovial 'Hello', her composure broke. “Lance, I need you,” she got out after a moment. “Chris has been in an accident.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: chris