Author's Chapter Notes:
Thoughts/reviews always welcome!! muah!

For over two hours we just sat there, completely normal just talking.

It wasn't that I was over enamoured with him, I was used to being around celebrities, so it wasn't that big of a deal for me. But with him something just seemed different. He wasn't just normal, he was nice.

"Okay ive been drinking on and off since 6 this evening, I need to stop now or I won't be able to walk…"

"Your sauced, aren't you?"

"A little…" there was another thing about me you should understand, I giggle at everything and everyone when im pissed, even when I don't want to. But with him I was more than giggly, I was a fool.

"I think I should go home."

He looked up at that, "its only 1 am, it's not even late…and I have to be up at 7"

"No, it's not late but I can't seriously drink any more…as nice as the company has been…and as cute…I just can't hack it"

"How about some coffee then it might ease the hangover tomorrow"

I looked around. " I don't see any coffee…"

"Okay, you are on your way to drunk…come with me…"

and that's all I remember until I was sitting in a "living room" off a hotel suite, with the strongest cup of coffee I think id ever been given.

"Uuugh, where am I."

"You're at the mandarin oriental…you know that right? You're still alive under there…" he referred to his cushions on the couch her head was currently buried under.

"I am…."

"Good." He sat next to me, as I sat up. Taking another healthy gulp of the black stuff.

"Thank you for this, my boss will be so mad if I show up half pissed tomorrow, she's anal about stuff like that."

"Tough boss?"

"Believe me when I saw AHUH!" I sat up fully, aware that my coat and shoes were missing.

"Did I lose my shoes?" I looked around causing him to laugh

"Naw, I have em…you threw them off when you came in."

"God, im rude aren't I?"

"No, although you did keep apologising to me."

"Why?"

"For the kiss…"

There was a kiss? I was bloody mortified, believe that!

"WHAT?"

He laughed, "Im kidding….there was no kiss, just a lot of "im sorry about this Justin" what you were sorry about I have NO idea but that's all you kept saying."

"Oh…well…okay then, don't do that to me again please, it wasn't bloody funny." I stood up

"Where are you going?"

"Bathroom. I need to freshen up…" he told me where it was and I set off with the essential that is my handbag. It held everything, from make up to mobile to even a spare tank top. I had a big ass Chloe bag that was big enough for all of these things, mainly for times like these.

I washed my face, that seemed to bring me around to my old self again, well at least enough of me to question what in the hell I was doing in some rock stars hotel room, wait is he a rock star? Well what ever he is or was, WHAT WAS I DOING.

This wasn't good, what if the paps saw us come in? Would I be buying my own picture for release tomorrow? Oooh NOT good at all.

When I walked out he was sprawled out on the couch, watching what looked like east enders of all things.

"So, this has been….nice, but I really do think I should be going…"

"Oh…"

"Yes…so um…could I have my shoes?" I laughed, more so out of nerves than anything. I mean here I was single available and here he was, all of the above plus hella sexy - and I wanted to go home, to cold Chinese food and an even colder bed.

He walked up beside me and he handed me my coat that had been lying on top of the sofa. And he opened a closet door and produced my heels.

But he didn't hand them to me.

"Look I don't want you to leave. But I don't want you to stay either"

Ok that made no sense, but then again he was American…

"Um…okay?"

"No, what I mean is…" he looked at me finally "I mean I like you…you know that right? I mean you know im attracted to you?"

I didn't budge.

"Well I am, but see I want you to stay…here, tonight, with me…but if you do then…I don't know, im just really messed up." He shrugged after speaking - not a whole lot of sense.

"What is it that you're saying? That what?"

"That, right now I don't want you to walk out that door because I might not see you again and I don't want that either…." I walked closer to him,

"but if something were to happen with us, and im not saying that it would…I mean you don't seem like the type of woman that would…" okay so he's hot, women love and adore him and he's meant to be a playboy - hell ive written about him, he IS a playboy…this is not the attitude of a playboy.

He was shy, and self conscious, he was nervous.

I was reeled in.

"Would it make things easier if I kissed you?" I asked defiantly.

He looked up from his staring at the floor, almost in shock. Yeah we brits, not so subtle.

"Huh?"

"Well I was thinking it might affect your indecision on weather or not you wanted me to stay or go, would it help matters any if I kissed you?" I nudged closer to him.

"I think it might." He said in a low husky voice, that looking at him - I never thought he had. It was sexy as hell. So much so I got shivers.

"Well that's settled then" his mouth hovered over mine.

"Yes it is…"

With that he closed off the space between us both placing a soft kiss on my lips, one after another, and another.

 

And I had to admit, even with a small section of facial hair, he was still a really good kisser, too good because what had started out as a joke, clearly backfired on me. I didn't want to stop it now that I had started it.

I was never usually this bold, but I guess jumping off those indecision bridges pays off once in a while.

This was definitely a nice reward.

 

When things got so intense, he dropped the shoes he held in his hand and placed both his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and closer to him. Not that I was objecting, in fact I more than welcomed it.

Id seen pictures of him before, I mean who hadn't in the western world, but up close it was so different. It was better if possible. His body was like his dress sense, neat tight and well…hard.

Needless to say, but ill say it any way. I liked it.

I don't know what excited me more, the fact that I was on the fast track to what was shaping up to be the best sex id had in…well quite some time with someone so hot and so well skilled, or the fact that if my boss could see me now she'd have several fits, that I had such a hot commodity in my presence and NOT inform her of such a "splash" as she called it, or the fact that Sharon would give her left kidney to be where I was.

In his bed. And im not joking about that….her crush on him was monumental.

"Are you sure?" his eye contact didn't break with mine, and neither did his lips.

"No, but that doesn't mean I want to stop…"

"I like your thinking…" I edged up onto the pillows he closely followed.

"Few questions first" not that he'd answer honestly at this point any way im thinking. But I had the skill of reading people well; his eyes would tell me everything.

"Sure." He moved on to my neck. I pushed his head toward me, so that I could see his answers.

You locked your door?"

"It locks automatically…." He kissed my nose.

You have protection right?

"Of course, what do you think I am….i may be southern but I aint a hick…" he laughed, and then I asked the one question I needed,

"Do you have a girlfriend?

His eyes changed, he seemed serious that that point.

"Do you think id be here, like this?" he motioned to us both - scantily clad "if I did?"

"I don't know? Aren't all you superstars the same?"

"You think that?"

"No, I don't think that…but I did need to ask."

He nodded. "Well then Anita, same question to you"

"No I don't have a girlfriend."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked more seriously this time, like he cared if I did.

"I told you last night, NO I don't." this time I moved to his neck and kissed down his throat. Up over his earlobe as I ran my fingers in his short hair.

"Good, that's all I needed to know…for now" he finished by yanking off his shirt, then mine.

"God you're beautiful…." He said sliding to the zipper of my trousers, slipping them off.

"Nice that you think so…"

"Oh I do believe me." with that his oh so pretty lips landed on my stomach. Something id worked bloody hard to maintain flat.

I slid my feet around his waist and pushed him down.

"Hey now…"

"What?" I laughed "I didn't say you were in charge…"

"Who said anything about bosses…this aint a job sweetheart?" He winked.

"I might have one later…if your lucky."

"Nice to know" he continued his journey.

Ok I know what your thinking, "lying #+@#!" right? Well that's what I was thinking so if you were thinking it, don't feel bad.

I mean I was, wasn't I. I wasn't honest with him I wasn't forthcoming with anything other than my body and well I felt really guilty about it.

And even after all the shenanigans that I got up to that night with him, the guilt still didn't fade when I woke up on the opposite end of his exceptionally large bed.

"What time is it?"

"Uhh…." He reached for his watch without taking his head off the pillow, "6:15…why?"

"Its only Tuesday Mr Rock star, some of us has day jobs to go to you know…" having found my clothes in the still darkness of the room I went in search of my shoes.

"Justin, I have to go…." I yelled into the other room as I looked under the two sofas he had in his suite.

"No, you really don't…come on its too early…" still he never lifted the head. Lazy son of a….

"yeah ok take a sicki the day AFTER a promotion, that would look just bloody great wouldn't it…say to my boss "sorry I didn't make it in yesterday I was a little busy boinking Justin bloody Timberlake, Im sure she'd believe me too."

"Ill call her if you like…" he opened his eyes and squinted at me when I turned on the light.

There he was just lying there all topless and cute, and I wanted to sit in an office?

I was crazy.

"No, really I think that would only make things weird."

"Yeah your right id probably frighten her to death, some little bookstore owner or something…" he smiled again.

I felt sick.

"Uhh…" I looked around the room "my shoes?"

When he finally got up and found me my missing shoes, I quickly did my makeup and hair and was making a mad dash for his door, when he came out of the kitchen bowel of corn pops in hand.

"So your just gonna run and leave me huh?"

"Isn't that how these things usually work?"

"And what would "these things" be Ms James?" see why could he just have let me leave, never to see him or feel my guilt again.

"Look I don't really know you do I? And you certainly don't know me…"

"And?"

"And well fine, ill say it - I took this for what I thought to be a one night kind of thing…."

"A one night stand."

"Yes."

"Really?" he sat down his cereal bowl and grabbed my hand shutting the door

"What made you think that?"

"Justin, come on we're basically complete strangers…."

"I disagree, we've talked…I know your favourite ice cream, you know mine, you know my favourite dog died when I was 7….and I know you have a really sensitive spot just below your hairline on your neck…so NO I don't think we're COMPLETE strangers."

He was reaching at something I wasn't sure of at that moment.

"Justin most of those things I could have gotten off goggle…."

He just laughed loudly "true, but I don't just meet a girl and wham we're…"

"Banging?" I finished in his speak. Making him grin again.

"I am wearing off on you aint I…and yeah I don't do that, contrary to popular opinion….I mean look at this, do you believe it." He pointed to the expensive looking coffee table in the centre of the room; it held a bunch of newspapers. Mine on top.

My heart started racing a mile a minute. Didn't he see my name on the page, it was the beckham story.

I was gonna be sick.

"I mean look at this, this poor guy and his family. I mean they clearly have issues if he is straying but they have kids for god sakes and all these trashy people care about is getting numbers."

"I…"

"I mean they've quote her family for god sakes, I mean what kind of soul less scum would do that to another person, solely for their own gain. Its sickening, it makes me sick…"

"Justin…"

"AJ King, Jesus he must be a heartless son of a #+!$#…" I didn't mention my last name was king did I? James being my middle name - my dad wanted a boy; I wasn't expected…so they kept both. I liked the shorter version in person, the elongated real version on paper.

"I should go"

"No…." his tone was warm now, unlike before. "Look I don't mean to take this out on you, this clearly has nothing to do with you…"

Oooh god, im going to hell aren't I?

"Actually…"

"No, it doesn't and I know that, im sorry it's just this $**$ pisses me off sometimes because, yeah, it's the beckhams today, it could be me and my family tomorrow….its all the same."

"No its not!" I finally spoke up…well more like shouted.

"What?"

"its NOT all the same, okay these people have sold every single aspect of their relationship to the press, that paper…that magazine, it didn't matter what it was - wedding, pregnancy, births….as long as the price was right! They took it and the notoriety that it gave them and ran with it, and now just because they don't "allow" this doesn't make it private! He's cheating on her, he's not the man everyone sees, and don't you think that if a public are going to buy into something, to admire and aspire to something….that they should know the WHOLE story???"

Ok so granted I was ranting, but I think I got my point across. I knew this because he sat there, speechless.

"WELL…I guess I know your opinion on celebrities…" he raised his eyebrows.

"Look im sorry but that's just how I feel…and if you disagree with me then fine but I cant change what I think."

He shook his head no for a second.

"Are we fighting?"

"No…" I did think so but I wouldn't say.

"You're strong minded…I like that, you stand for what you believe in, I like that even more….look I don't know about you, but I had fun last night…"

"I had fun too…" I picked at my top, when I wasn't shouting I was nervous.

"Well, since we both didn't have an awful time, and we seemed to enjoy the - activities…" he laughed "maybe, we could try it again sometime…"

"Really?" My tone was wary

"I mean not JUST the last part of the evening…" he blushed slightly - I liked that, it was like no matter how confident he seemed, or appeared that little flush in his cheeks said it all. "The other parts were just as appealing, but if you wanted…."

"Justin do you really think this is a good idea?"

"What do you mean? Is it so bad that I wanna hang out with you?"

"No, not at all - it's nice…but your not just some guy, you're…well YOU. Everyone knows you…and I just don't want everyone to know me too."

His eyes lowered.

"I see…"

"Look, don't get me wrong okay I like you too. Clearly…I mean if I didn't do you think I would have just….Im not easy, and im not a %+%$ so letting go and doing what I did last night was a big thing for me. So in any other circumstance id love nothing more than to see you again…Really"

"But because of what I do, you don't want to." He folded his arms; I knew that he was closing me off. Couldn't say I blamed him.

"Im sorry, really believe me…"

"Right well. I guess there's nothing more I can say is there?" he benched his ass against the chair.

"Im sorry"

"No your not…"

"Excuse me?"

"You're not sorry, so don't lie."

"Im not…"

"No, you are….so lets just leave at, we had sex we had fun and you're done…im fine with that but don't lie about it just to make yourself look good."

Yes, ok I noticed…he was mad.

"Look if you knew what I had to deal with…I mean my job, it might not be as…notable as yours but it takes up a lot of my time."

"But not all of it! I mean what do you do other than work? All I was asking is if maybe we could hang out, that's it. I wasn't purposing marriage for god sakes…"

"Im not fun, im not cheerful and im not peppy….im egotistical and self centred and I usually over look everyone else in favour of what I want."

"Really."

"Yes, really!"

"See, I don't believe you, ive only know you, what? All put together - 16 hours and I know all of that's not true, as much as you might want it to be…so suck it up woman, your not that badass."

I crossed my arms then, who the hell was he to tell me…well what I already knew.

"Get to your point yank."

"I wanna hang out with you, im in a strange country, we're all yall do is drink tea, and talk so damn proper I feel like a bigger idiot that I do most of the time anyway….your the first real person ive met that ive actually WANTED to hang with."

"That's all?"

"That's all…we don't even have to have sex…" he smiled…I raised my eyebrow, I raaah-elly didn't believe him.

"Is that so…"

"Well, um…I guess we could work on that! But im willing…if you are? And judging by that grin on your face id say your freak out phase has passed."

"Can I just say, maybe, for now?"

"That works…have a nice day at work…" he crossed his eyes and stuck out his tongue. And yeah, he had me at goofy look number one.

"You're an idiot…." I answered his comment grinning like a mental patient, as I walked out of his hotel room and made my way to my newspaper to see if id been caught by one of my own….

And so it begins…..




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story