Author's Chapter Notes:

Here it is, the final chapter! I apologize for any errors. I read through it a few times so hopefully I caught most of them. Thank you for reading through the whole story!

 

Don't forget to leave a review, loves! 

“Wow, you really screwed that one up.” Karyn really knew how to make me feel worse.

 

“How can you do it? How can you date JC and not freak out about who he is?”

 

Karyn tapped a finger to her chin, “Oh, I don’t know… maybe it’s because one of my good friends is a celebrity so I’m used to it?”

 

I rolled my eyes and stuffed my face into my pillow. I haven’t seen or spoken to Joey for a few days since the night of the party. I groaned as I thought about what I had said to him and how stupid it must’ve sounded.

 

I felt the bed shift as Karyn sat on the edge of it. “Look sweetheart, you messed up. But I think Joey also had some fault since he was letting that girl melt all over him. If you ask me, if he really did like you, I don’t know why he was entertaining her in the first place.”

 

Speaking into my pillow, “I was thinking that too!”

 

“But…”

 

“But what?” I rolled over to face her.

 

“I think what you did to Joey was worse. You assumed the unnecessary and decided upon the fate of your would-be relationship before it even started. You automatically thought that Joey wasn’t going to have time to treat you right just because he’s a celebrity. That’s a big mistake on your part.” Karyn explained.

 

I was starting to get irritated. She was only telling me things that I already knew and I wasn’t ready to be re-told of my stupidity. I was getting ready to shoo her out the door until she started to speak again, “Joey’s a really sweet guy. I was there when his girlfriend cheated on him with Theo. He loved her like there was no tomorrow. I didn’t want to tell him about it but I had to, of course. It broke him. Took him a while to recover but now he’s super cautious about starting relationships.”

 

I was feeling worse.

 

“I spoke to him the day after the party and he told me everything that’s happened between you guys since Disneyland. You should know that him telling you random stuff and making you breakfast were all his ideas. I just found out he didn’t take any of my advice on how to get with you.”

 

Sitting up, I looked at her in disbelief. All this time I thought that everything Joey was doing was because of what she was telling him to do. “Are you sure?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, that’s what he told me. I haven’t seen him try this hard in such a long time. He was really into you.”

 

“WAS? Do you think I screwed up enough for him to just forget about me?” My body felt weak. I didn’t want to completely lose Joey.

 

“You should go see him.” Karyn stood up and left the room.

 

As soon as she shut the door I got dressed and ran out of the apartment. It took me a while trying to get a cab but as soon as I got in one, I immediately starting to think of all the different ways I could apologize to him. I was out of line and I should have been more open to him. I wasn’t even sure if he was at the hotel or out doing something with JC and Lance.

 

We haven’t spoken in days so I only wished that he would be willing to talk to me. The ride to the hotel took longer than ever. By the time I reached the suite, I was out of breath from running through the lobby and hallway to get there.

 

I paused in front of the door to their suite. I still couldn’t decide on how to apologize. I didn’t know what to say but I knew I was sorry. I let out a breath and raised my fist to knock when suddenly I felt someone come up behind me. It was Joey.

 

We stood there, looking at each other. In one hand was a plate of donuts while the other hand was casually rested in his pocket. He continued to stare at me blankly as he finished chewing the remains of donut. The roots of his dark hair were starting to show underneath his red hair. I’d forgotten how great he looked.

 

He took his free hand out of his pocket and handed me a donut from the plate. “Have you eaten yet?”

 

“No, but I don’t think I can eat yet. Can we talk?”

 

Joey put the donut back on the plate and walked passed me to open the door. He walked straight in and set the donuts on the kitchen counter before opening the fridge to look for something to drink. I wasn’t sure when to start talking or if I should wait for him to say something first.

 

There was no emotion in his eyes. His movements were nonchalant and he acted as if nothing happened. I was beginning to think that he’d moved on and I was just a fool who was hoping for something big to happen. I stood there motionless waiting for him to acknowledge me again.

 

He turned to look at me after putting his glass in the sink. Placing his hands on the counter, he learned over and locked eyes with me. “JC and Lance are still out getting breakfast. What’s up?” He raised an eyebrow.

 

His blasé tone hurt me but I stood my ground. “I just… I just wanted to apologize for what happened the other night and for everything else that I did before that.”

 

He bit his lip as he stared at the counter. “Do you even know what it is exactly that you’re apologizing for?”

 

“I’m apologizing for assuming things about you without taking the time to actually get to know you first. I’m sorry that I thought that you were too good for me. I’m sorry that I automatically assumed that we couldn’t be friends… or more than friends just because you’re a singer. I’m sorry for not opening up to you. And lastly, I apologize for not giving you a chance.” My voice was starting to crack as my ill feelings started to creep up on me. “I’m really sorry, Joey.”

 

“Well damn…” he had an impish grin on his face.

 

“Why are you smiling?”

 

“I didn’t think I mattered enough for you to come up here.”

 

He was still smiling so I didn’t know what else to say but to apologize again. “I’m sorry, Joey. Will you forgive me?”

 

“I don’t know, that depends.”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

 

“It depends on how you answer my next question.” He walked in front of me and crossed his arms.

 

“Shoot.”

 

“Did you rehearse that in front of all your posters of me?” He laughed.

 

I shoved him as I suddenly felt the heaviness lift from my shoulders. “Asshole!”

 

“So is that a yes?”

 

“No!” I shoved him again but this time he grabbed onto my arm and pulled me into a bear tight hug.

 

I hugged him back tightly. He smelled so good that I thought I was going to melt into a huge puddle. I didn’t want to let go of him.

 

“I forgive you.” He said softly.

“Well, what’s this?” Lance and JC walked into the suite.

 

Joey let go of me and turned to his friends. “We made up.”

 

“Hm, so are you guys dating now?” JC nodded.

 

Lance winked at me as I blushed. Joey smiled while he looked at me “Do you think you’re up to dating a celebrity?”

 

I felt like I was going to explode trying so hard to not jump up and down. “I think so.”

 

He put his arm back around me “Great. Hey guys, meet my new girlfriend. She has loads of pictures of me on her walls. She’s a little obsessed.”

 

JC and Lance laughed as they both sat on the couch. Joey kissed me on the forehead before turning to me again. “What?” I asked.

 

“Wanna see my bunny slippers?” He grinned.

 

“Sure, Joey.” I snorted as he ran towards the bed and pulled out a pair of pink bunny slippers.

 

The excitement on his face while he put them on and ran back to me was hilarious. He looked like a little kid.

 

“Joey I have to tell you something.”

 

“What’s that?”

 

“I don’t like the color pink.”

 

“Huh. Would you look at that? You’re finally opening up to me. So you don’t like the slippers then?” He frowned.

 

“They’re appalling.”

 

We both laughed as I started to open up to him more. He was listening to everything I had to say. Joey was definitely more than just a celebrity and I was lucky enough to be his girlfriend.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you again for reading! I feel like the quality of the story didn't turn out to how I was expecting it ro be but I'm currently working on another one and I hope that it makes up for my short comings in this one.

Nevertheless, thanks everyone for all your support!


Completed
charleeene is the author of 6 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc joey lance