p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

***

III.

Gallery openings, water Coolers and new friends and a tour of the special kind...


After Josh and Maxi were gone, while Melanie was sitting in the sand and watching the waves of the ocean before her rushing in and out, and the sun slowly sinking at the horizon as well, she turned her left hand wrist slowly around to look at her watch she was wearing on it. And jumped to her feet, at once.

 

He was almost again by his car, when it striked him that he did miss something back at the beach. And just walked back along the beach with Max leading him on its leash. When the dog suddenly started sniffling in the spot she was sitting before ...

 

~*~

Now, that she got all her things ready for the Gallery showing, she would be going to this evening, already. When she noticed that she was missing her cell phone though. Verflucht. She thought only.

"Verdammt!" Melanie said to herself, pacing her motel room this time. "Why didn't I notice that earlier that I hadn't it anymore? Oh, right, I know..."

 

Weil ich von diesen leuchtenden blau-grauen Augen schon, als sie mich nur von meinen Postern her anstarrten, nicht wegsehen konnte! Dreck. Mist. Scheiße!

 

She finished her thought, quietly just ...

 

~*~

At seven twenty-five in the evening, right on time. Mel arrived at the venue for the artist and his exhibition. Half an hour later, she still hasn't met the artist for her interview but was making her own rounds of the place and the exhibition. Taking frivolous notes, about the people, paintings and venue, for her article, even. When she came to stand in front of a picture that shows Marilyn Monroe with a bunch of Loony Tunes characters in the background also. Right next to the picture was standing a water cooler, and Mel, becoming slightly thirsty by the time. She takes a paper cup from its side, to fill it with some water next. When a voice she recognized from earlier that day approaches her ears so sudden that Lee just spilled some of the refreshing water down her bottom lip and chin, in shock. Melanie tries to wipe off the spilled water from her chin and front while turning. And gasp in response.

 

Wow! ... Gleich zweimal innerhalb weniger Stunden während ich hier bin!

 

She thinks only, and blinks at the person, who just said "hey, there!" to her.

"Oh! Hi!", Melanie just responses, and is still wiping with one hand over her front shirt while holding the paper water cup and her notepad with pen in the other. While feeling her cheeks burning slightly hot in embarrassment even. And staring into the miraculously and facinating face of JC Chasez. Again!

"I was hoping that I would run into you again, you know." He said, and reached into his inside pocket of the black blazer, with black tie, he was wearing, now. And hand her her phone right back, in continuing only. "Or that you at least would call your own number, so I could tell you I found it..."

Melanie stopped wiping for a second her shirt and just watched him shocked and confused. Then puts the water cup back down beside the water cooler, to take back her cell phone.

"Oh, man. Thank you! Thank you!" She just said over and over again, clutching her phone to her chest. "Did somebody call while you had it, then?" Mel just asked out of curiosity, when she saw two other beautiful looking men approaching the two of them, from behind JC, next. While he would just shake his head and smile toward her.

"Well, hello bud! You made it! Happy birthday, bud!", the first man, a dark haired one, approaching JC from behind, was saying. Who whirls around and looks confused at who would address him like that.

The two men started hugging each other, in greeting. While the other, a blond one, was eying Mel more suspiciously even. When that one was also hugging JC in greeting, Melanie was the one looking more confused though.

"Excuse me?", Mel asked them. "But you are Lance Bass, aren't you? Ugh, and. What? That makes you ... Micheal Turchin!?" Melanie asked, blinking between Lance and JC a few times, unbelievingly. And refocusing her eyes back on Mr. Turchin again, introducing herself by holding out her own press identity pass hung around her neck, and exhibition tickets, next.

"I'm Melanie Deißfuss! I'm a freelance writer, from Germany. And here to write about your artwork. If you don't mind. I'd like to ask you a few questions, if you would give me a few minutes of your time, by chance? Maybe even both of you?"

"Ooh! Goodie! She's with the press!" Micheal said, slightly annoyed. And putting a hand against his forehead, to cover his eyes in an ashamed way. "Yeah, sure. Why, not."

While Lance patted his shoulder, smiling. "Cool. But I'm afraid you have to do that later. You have to do finish your round, Mike. But I'm sure JC, here, will keep you company while we take another round, right bro? By the way, you do know that Ashley is here, too. Don't you, bro?"

Millie saw the slightly raised eyebrow in JC's face though. And was ready to tell him that he doesn't have to look after her like she was a kindergarten child, or anything. But he just looked back into her eyes this moment again and smiled a little knowingly at her.

"Really?" JC just asked Lance back though, shrugging his shoulders. "I guess, I should have known that she'd remembered the date better, than I even."

As Melanie spends the rest of the exhibiton's evening until the interview; with Josh, as he made her calling him. She had a good time, and not just because she was with JC Chasez. But she was in freaking Los Angeles! And in a real exhibition of Micheal Turchin, the artist and husband of Lance Bass, from *NSYNC! Goddammit! Although, she was becoming a little tired because of her flight before. But enjoyed talking to Josh and Lance about god and the world, too. While walking through the Gallery with JC and Lance, a few times. While Micheal was talking to investores, potential buyers of his paintings... She even had a kind of run in with the young woman, called Ashley. Well, JC did have in fact. While Melanie stood a few feet away, with Lance at the time. But could eavesdrop into a little bit of the conversation the two of them exchanged, even. Melanie saw the girl hugging Josh around his neck, and speak past his ear, first.

"Hey, JC!"

She couldn't hear JC's respond, but could tell from his body language that he felt weirdly and trully awkward about her hugging him, like this.

"I knew, I would see you here." Ashley just told, and Mel could just see her bating her eyelashes at him, too. When she was in fact touching his arm slightly and asked JC, if he would be maybe give them a chance of talking about it again. Joshua had just raised his right hand up to his neck, to rub it. His typical gesture of embarrassment, as Mel managed to recall, from it. Before Melanie can hear Ashley saying a word though, Lance's face was blocking her view out of a sudden now.

"You should take a picture, there now!" Lance just said, flashing a hand before Melanie's eyes, this moment. Mel blinks a few times, refocusing her eyes on Lance and felt the hot flash of blush rise into her cheeks.

"Huh?" she just said. "Sorry! I ... do you know that woman, Lance?"

She saw Lance turn his head towards JC, who was still talking to Melanie, next.

"Haha." Lance chuckled low, turning back towards Mel. "I can't tell you, Melanie. You're press. But only for you, off-the record: JC is a hundred percent single these days!"

Mel only keeps looking at him, slightly confused and felt the hotness of her blood flash through her cheeks again.

"I did know that, already. But thanks." Mel just said, looking down her own feet, before talking to him again. "Why can't you tell me, because I'm press, about the girl, there? I don't see why this should even be relevant to my article about Micheal... But, off-the-record, then?"

"It's not my place to tell." Lance only replied. ...


As annoyed about the whole interview-thing Micheal seemed to be at first, he answered Lee's questions, after his speech and another round; they would find a quieter corner of the gallery about half an hour later. He was patient with her translating those notes of hers in proper English and some note scribbling to his answers as well. Lee had quite a few questions ...


~*~

Now, Mel felt the light of daylight creeping through the curtains of her hotel room window, and awakes, slowly, with a light headache. She was glad though that she didn't drink that much last night, then. As of what she thought would have might happen as if she would have. She wouldn't want to have sex with JC Chasez, just for the sheer intimacy of having sex, at all. It wasn't her nature. And it wasn't going to be hers in near future either. WHAT THE HELL? Why would anybody, in their right mind, say NO to having sex with that god-like man, like JC Chasez? You might think, maybe. But as unsure as she may feel herself about her feelings of mister-sex-on-two-legs towards her just. Melanie was herself more sure about her own feelings for his four-legged and furry friend; she definitely missed that dog of his already, very much by this minute. Max had definitely left a whole in her heart, while spending just a few minutes with him yesterday, at the beach. As Mel turned to look at the time inside her cell phone, lying on the nightstand beside her. It was nine fifteen, in the morning. And she felt a slight sting in her heart, when thinking that she was traveling home in a few more hours already again. And would never see his fury, cuddly face anymore. Plus, she still had to reread and rewrite a few of her notes for her article, from last night. And the things she definitely wants to visit, while being in Los Angeles! She made a list right there next. Of all the sightseeing stuff in Los Angeles, she always wanted to see when giving the chance, only:

 

1. Hollywood Boulevard, with it's famous

2. Walk of Fame of course, the

3. Chinese; or formerly Kodak - (now) Dolby Theatre, as well as

4. The Ocean Front Walk in Venice, and if she still got time left

5. The Hollywood Sign are definitely in her Top Five to see, also!

 

She also had the Sunset Strip Boulevard at it as well. But as she already got to spend yesterday evening on its greater beach, she figured it was safe to cross that off the list now!

After Mel had a refreshing shower, and all her stuff packed into her luggage suitcase and backpack again. She went to grab herself some breakfast in the Mensa, as long as she still could get some too. And would get her backpack afterwards to take only this one on her trip and keep her suitcase safe.

 

~*~

...

And we both know enough-?, but we can't learn to say-?
So I'll tell you what you need
...

I want to-? keep you warm like a sweater
Take my hand, ...


Josh was still sitting in his home studio, with one of his guitars, composing and writing this new tune down, he just started when coming home again, last night. He didn't really felt like going to bed, after his driver had dropped Melanie off at her hotel. But instead had felt strongly inspired, and went to shut himself - for the rest of the night - until the early morning dawn, into the studio. So far, he felt he had completed the melody, by now. And was almost satisfied with parts of the chorus, as well. He hadn't felt that inspired, in a really long time. And had a slight feeling that it was because he met her, Mel as she made him call her last night over and over again. And he hoped it was so! He looked past his left hand on the guitar, to where Maxi lies beside him, with its eyes half closed and head on its front paws, relaxed.

"How do you like it so far, ma boy?" JC asked his dog, with a sly smile and raised eyebrows toward Max. Who looked just as disinterested as before though. Josh just laughed a short chuckle, and starts to replay the melody of his latest composing softly anew. And saw Max raise his head, as though he did hear somebody upstairs. But stays where he is, and just starts with the whimper he also did yesterday. When Mel's spot on the beach was empty, beside of her phone though. Josh saw Max stood up next, and running up the stairs. Josh also stopped playing and sighed. Then followed his four-legged friend up also.

When Josh reached the ground floor, he saw Max scratching slightly at the front doors, and whimpers, like he's in pain. Something Josh never did see him do like this before.

"Hey! Maxi!" he called out to the dog, and walked over to him. Standing beside him, and stroked him over his back just. "She's not coming!" Max is still whimpering, looking straight at the doors still. Josh releases a small sigh. "Boy, do you have it bad for this girl, Maxi!" He said only. And shakes his head at his dog just.

 

~*~

After Melanie had finished her breakfast, she went to go get her backpack from her room. And figure out where to start her little sightseeing first, then. Luckily, Melanie had her room until Monday midmorning. So it would be easier to have somewhere to stay after her sightseeing and the night also, until her flight in the morning would take off, then.

 

~*~

Josh had just changed himself into a fresh t-shirt, after some freshen up. He took his wallet, keys and told Maxi to stay and wait. Then, he walked through the garage door, but when he opened it, Max slipped through his master's legs. And waits by the passenger's car door. Josh shakes his head just again. Then, walked towards the car, and let Max in the backseat, before getting into the driver's seat himself. And drove off, next. He felt Max breathing behind his neck, while driving through the streets of Midtown Los Angeles, the whole time. He reached with one hand behind his headrest, and tried to stroke his head. But only could reach his cold nose, and felt Max's tongue starting to lick around his fingers, next.

"Ugh! Maxi!" Josh said, pulling his hand away and rubbing the dog's slobber off at his right thigh. "Be a good boy!"

 

~*~

As Melanie walked slowly, with her map of L.A. and a book in which she writes notes, in her hands, down to the streets. On the search for the right direction towards the Hollywood Boulevard, and its Walk of Fame, first. As she walks down the streets, she was keeping her eyes more and more on her map and not the street signs though. And didn't quite realize the blue Cadillac pulling up beside her, just.

"Hey, sunshine!" somebody called close to her just. And Melanie jumps slightly, looking around herself frowning first, but keeps on walking.

"Melly! Stop! Wait!" she heard the command with her nick name just, and froze right on the spot then. As she turns her head she saw a passenger's car window rolled down just, and a dog's head sticking his through and barking at her.

"Max?" she asked slowly, not understanding at first. "What's going on? J...?"

A bark comes from the dog in the backseat suddenly, again.

"Ssh! Max! Stay calm boy! Hey there, Melly!" JC said, bending himself towards the passenger's window, looking at her straight. "Need a ride somewhere?"

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here. Josh?" Melanie said even slower now that she stood right next to the car, peeking into the window also.

"Well. Max here didn't really give me much of a choice, you know!" Josh explained. "C'mon get in. I give you the grand tour of greater L.A., then!"

Mel looks around herself, unsure for a moment there what to do. Then she heard another bark coming straight toward her, and turns her eyes back at Max. Who still sticks his head beside the headrest of the passenger's seat through the open window, even. While his master tries and holds his dog inside by his collar.

"Please! Get in the car, Mel!" JC just begged her. "I think, Max wants you to do, as well!"

A sigh escapes her only. "Oy! Okay!" she surrenders, takes her backpack off her back and opens the passenger's door and gets inside the car, and puts her map and book into the front pocket of the backpack. As she closes the door, she felt the dog breathing and sniffing down her neck, next. Mel turns in the seat around, to pat its head in greeting. While Max starts trying to lick her face, this minute.

"Ha ha! Ugh! Maxi!" laughs Melanie lightly, and turns her head away, in slight disgust. "Dogie-breath! Ew!"

"He missed you!" JC just told her, and patted his fury friend on its head himself just. "You realize, that I had a heartbroken dog sitting whimpering around my place this last night, do you?"

"I missed you too, Max!" said Mel, now fully turning towards the dog and cuddles him and puts a kiss on top of the dog's head. Josh saw his dog snubs its nose toward Melanie's chest, a little roughly.

"Oh! Max! Enough! Now! Boy!" he said, shuffling the dog back into the backseat, gently though. Melanie looked at Max, then toward JC next to her. Something was not right with him though. Why would he want to drive through this town aimlessly, just to find her that his dog could be with her one last time, even?

"What's the matter?" JC asked her, as he saw her watching him, too. She frowns slightly at him, just. Then, shakes her head merely noticeable.

"Nevermind!" she said, turned around in her seat, to face the front window, next. "So? You really wanna give me the great tour of L.A., then?"

JC just smiles, softly towards her. "Sure. What do you wanna see, first? Or shall I just run by the typical tourist traps?"

"Hm." Melanie said, looking down at her backpack on her lap just. And take out her map from inside, next. "I kinda was heading towards the Hollywood Boulevard just. And the Walk of Fame, you know!"

"Oh! Alright, then!" JC said, looking towards her. "You know, that the Walk of Fame is in the opposite direction, do you? Ha ha. You wanna buckle up now, then?"

"OH! Really?" she said, looking at her map, in confusion. "Verdammt. Ich dachte - sorry! I must have missed a sign while walking with the map, then!"

After Josh starts the engine of the car, and drives off after checking for traffic behind his back. He makes a left U-turn at the next crossroad and drove towards Hollywood Boulevard, next. Josh glanced over toward the young woman next to him, shortly. While Max still was leaning its head against her headrest the whole time. Josh shakes his head at his dog's behavior only.

"What's wrong, JC?" he heard Mel asking, and glanced at her before turning back to the road ahead again.

"Nothing." he said. "Well. Besides, that my dog is totally ignoring me since you got in here. It's a strange thing for him, you know." Josh saw her smile a little, out of the corners of his eyes then. But didn't say anything to her. Neither did she. But he did see her opening that book and scribble down a few notes, while he feels he was humming softly to himself...


A few meters further, JC made a right turn, out of a sudden. And parked on a parking lot between to buildings just. Mel frowns just. She looked to the main street, and saw it crowded with people, walking it up and down, shopping and minding their own business, even.

"What now?" asked Melanie only. When Josh just reached past her, to open the compartment box in front of her. He grabbed a black cap out of it, only.

"What's that for?" she asked him again. And saw him put a pair of dark sunglasses from inside the cap, then putting the baseball cap on top of his head itself.

"Just a little disguise technique for now." JC explained, unbuckling his seatbelt. "You still want to walk down that Walk of Fame though, don't you?"

After they got out of the car, Max starts to pull his master by the leash towards the nearest tree or bush, to pee. And Melanie stood waiting by the side of the car, putting her back pack on again. As Max was finished peeing, Melanie saw the dog coming straight toward her. Walking around her, pulling the leash tightly around her legs, therefore, as well. And Josh has to help her untangle her, without risking of Max running in the other direction at once.

"Max! No! STAY!" Josh said. While taking his arm around Mel's back, and take the leash around, in untangling the mess Max just made.

"Er scheint mich wirklich zu mögen!" Mel said, and saw the surprised look on JC's face, even through the sunglasses he wears now. "Oops! Sorry, nevermind!"

"Give me your backpack!" he said as she was halfway past the back of the car now. Melanie looked back at him, confused and questioning only.

"Why?" she asked him just back. He walked towards her, without saying anything, and just took her backpack off her one shoulder and arm. He smiled at her, and opened the trunk to the car just, to put it in there. Before Josh could shut the trunk door though.

"Wait." Mel called out to him and walks up to JC. "Can I at least have my camera, from it?"

While they walk along the Hollywood Boulevard; Max is leading JC at his leash while Melanie looks down at all the stars on the pavement, searching. Josh and Max walking a few feet ahead of her and don't really notice that Melly wasn't following them anymore. But after a while Josh starts to wonder where she was. And as he turned around, he saw her crouching onto the pavement looking at it, as though she just may found something.

"Found something, interesting?" she heard JC say above her head, while Max was sniffing at a tree by the side of the street. Melanie looked up into his still sunglasses covered face, smiling like a child that got his Christmas present a day earlier.

"Just my favorite. Or one of them at least, and the Star of Quentin Tarantino! Take a picture of it, with me in it? Please!" she asked him, handing him her digital camera. He smiled just, and took her camera. Wrapping the leash a little tighter around his left wrist, and take a few cute and also rated pictures of her with the Star. Then another one with his dog, when Max would feel bored just sniffing at around JC's feet and wanted to walked up to Melanie then stood with its paws up against her thighs and just sniffed her up and down, in a lovely and affectioned way.

 

~*~

An hour later, they were back by the car again. After they also walked by the Dolby Theatre and took their pictures in front. Josh let Max into the backseat, while Melanie was walking around the car towards the passenger's door herself. And saw him shut the door when Max was safe and sound in the backseat, then. He gestured her to go ahead and open the passenger's door, while he stood by driver's one, himself. Waiting, for Mel to get in on the other side.

As JC started the car, he'd look at her questioning before driving off the parking lot for real. While she started writing into that book of hers, again.

"Where you'd like to go now, then?" Josh asked just. She looked toward him, first, then towards Max in the backseat and just burried her nose back in her book.

"Maxi seems a bit tired, doesn't he?" she just asked him back, still scribbling down a few words.

"So, then you don't mind when we swing by my place first, and drop him off, then? What are you writing there all the time, even?" Josh said, leaning his head slightly to one side, watching her and Max after one another.

 

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story