Chapter 24: Everything will be okay

An hour later, Traci was still asleep, though not peacefully. She’d start to mumbled “no” and whimper, then calm down and fall back into a deep sleep. JC leaned back watching her, making sure she was comfortable and such. Then the door opened and he turned quickly and saw Justin enter the room. His face was red, his cheeks tear stained.

“Is she okay?” he asked whispering

JC stood up and walked towards him, ushering him outside of the room. They closed the door and JC looked at Justin once again. Justin wiped his nose with the back of his hand, and sniffled.

“Is she okay?” he repeated

“She’s fine” JC assured him “She’s healthy and should recover fine”

Justin sighed “Thank God” he said

“I need to tell you what Dr. Louis said” JC replied

Justin looked at him. JC began to explain what Dr. Louis told him about the baby situation; and about having closure.

“She refuses to see her” JC said “But she needs to…she won’t be the same if she doesn’t”

“Alright” Justin said and took a breath “I’ll talk to her”

JC nodded “Good” he said

“Can you do me a favor?” Justin asked

“Sure” JC said

“Call up Lance and Alyssa and let them know” Justin replied “I’ll call our parents later”

“Okay, I’ll be in the waiting room if you need me” JC replied

“Okay, thanks Jace” Justin said “For everything”

“No problem” JC said

They hugged and JC walked away as Justin walked back into the room. He noticed the bed in the corner of the room and his eyes began to fill with tears. He wiped them quickly and walked towards Traci’s bedside and sat down, holding her hand.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t here” Justin whispered, and kissed her hand.

Traci moved her head a little, her eyes fluttered open and she looked at the figure in front of her.

“Justin…” she whispered, tears starting

“Hey baby…” Justin said

“Oh Justin” she said again, bringing Justin close to her.

Justin sat on the bed bringing her onto his lap. She hid her face in his neck as she cried against his chest.

“I’m so sorry” she mumbled

“Shh” Justin soothed her “It’s not your fault” he kissed her head.

She whimpered holding him tightly. Justin continued to comfort her while she lay in his arms. After she calmed down a little he held her face in his hands, wiping the tears away.

“How you feelin?” Justin asked

She shrugged, avoiding his eyes. Justin noticed.

“Hey…” he said “It’s not your fault…Dr. Louis said that this happens a lot of people, there was nothing different you could of done”

Traci shook her head, tears escaping her eyes. Justin kissed them away.

“I love you so much Trace” Justin said “This changes nothing…”

There was silence as Traci wiped her face.

“Maybe we can do this the right way this time” Justin suggested “Get married…then try again for a baby”

Traci looked at him, finally in the eyes.

“Have you told our parents” She asked

He shook his head no “I asked Jace to call Alyssa and Lance…but I’ll call our families”

Traci nodded, her eyes moved to the corner of the room and she saw the baby carrier. Her eyes began to water again and Justin looked from the carrier to Traci.

“You wanna hold her?” Justin asked

Traci shook her head no, and closed her eyes. Justin kissed her head and held her hand.

“They’re gonna take her away soon, then you’ll miss your chance” Justin started “You need to hold her…for closure Trace”

“Justin, I can’t” Traci chocked out

“Yes you can” Justin reassured “I know you can”

He got up and walked towards the carrier. He had to stop himself from breaking down as he picked her up. He had to be strong for Traci. He picked up the bundle sniffling, and held her close to his chest as he walked towards Traci. Traci watched him crying tears running down her cheeks. Traci moved to one side as Justin handed her the baby and sat down beside her. Traci cried as she held her close, leaning her head on Justin’s shoulder.

“We should name her” Justin suggested

Traci sniffled and looked down at their daughter. Justin wrapped an arm around Traci holding her close to him, as he reached out and stroked the little baby’s hair.

“What about Kayla Ann” Justin suggested

Traci smiled and nodded “I like that” she said

He smiled and kissed her head. They sat there for awhile before Dr. Louis came in to check on them. She went over some things regarding the baby, and where she would be when they were for burial, etc.

~*~

JC made his way into the waiting room, and sat down in the back by the corner. He sunk back into the chair, crossing his arms over his chest and sniffled. This could not be happening, not to someone like Traci. His vision became blurry and he wiped them quickly. He took out his cell phone and quickly dialing Lance’s home number. He waited until the deep voice come onto the line.

“Hello? Lance Bass”

“Lance, its JC”

“What’s up?”

“Umm, can you and Alyssa get down to the hospital?”

“What? Why?”

“Traci lost the baby…”

“OMG…is she okay?”

“She is… but yea…Justin wanted to call you and ask to come down”

“Yea…sure”

“Okay, we’re at the Red Cross. I’ll meet you in waiting room B”

“Okay, see you”

“Bye”

JC stuck the phone in his pocket and signed. He leaned against the window and closed his eyes. He didn’t know how long he’d been there but he was shaken awake. He opened his eyes and blinked looking at the two figures.

“Oh hey” he said stretching his arms, try to wake up

“What room is she in?” Alyssa asked, her cheeks wet

“This way” JC stood up

He made his way down the hall way. Lance and Alyssa followed quickly. JC stopped outside the door.

“Here it is” he said

Lance looked at JC expecting him to open the door.

“Going in?” Lance asked

JC sighed “Umm…I’m gonna go get some coffee or something” he said

Alyssa watched him, she knew about everything. Traci really confide in her.

“Tell Justin that’s where I’ll be” JC said before walking away.

Alyssa watched him, and then looked at Lance. He shrugged and they walked into the room. Justin was sitting on the bed with Traci against his chest. He had his arms wrapped around her and she was looking at him. They both turned and saw Lance and Alyssa enter the room. Traci smiled tears coming to her eyes, and Alyssa smiled and rushed over to her.

“Oh god Trace are you okay?” she asked

Traci hugged her tightly, and Justin removed himself from behind Traci and walked towards Lance. They walked to one side of the room, while the girls talked.

“So how is she?” Lance asked

Justin looked at her as she hugged Alyssa, then back at Lance.

“She’ll be okay” Justin said, crossing his arms “We’re gonna do this the right way next time”

“What do you mean?” Lance asked

“We’re gonna get married soon” Justin replied

“Aw, that’s great” Lance said patting his back

“Thanks” Justin said

“Oh JC said he was gonna get some coffee” Lance said

“Alright”

“Did you see the baby?” Lance asked

Justin looked at her and Lance noticed the tears in his eyes. He blinked trying to make them disappear.

“Yea” Justin said “She’s beautiful”

Lance watched him “Did you name her?” he asked

Justin nodded “Kayla Ann” he said

Lance smiled “Have you called your folks?” he asked

“No” he sniffled “I should do that now…”

Lance nodded “Go on, I’ll stay here” he said

Justin nodded and walked out of the room to make his phone calls.

~*~

Justin walked outside the side exit of the hospital. He took his cell phone out and scrolled down the number finding his mom’s number. He put it to his ear and waited for her to pick up. He tried not to cry before his mom picked up.

“Hello…”

“Mom…” Justin whimpered

“Justin, honey you okay?”

“Mom, um”

“What is it? Is Traci okay?”

“She…she lost the baby”

Justin heard his mom gasp

“Oh baby, what happened?”

Justin explained to his mom about the past couple of hours. By the end he was in tears trying to calm down.

“You want me to come out?” Lynn asked

“I don’t know…let me see what Traci wants to do”

“Alright baby, give me a call okay?”

“Okay, love you Mom”

Lynn smiled “Love you too”

They hung up and Justin got enough coverage to call up Traci’s parents and had the same conversation he had with his own mother. Finally he headed back towards Traci’s room.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments??? Questions??? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story