Author's Chapter Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

This story is kinda based on "Far Away" by Nickelback.  Feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading. :)

 

This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore
  

“How did we let it get like this?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“What’s wrong with us?”

 

“I don’t know.”  I said. She sighed and looked at me helplessly.  I feel guilt running through my veins.  I honestly didn’t know.  I knew it was mostly my fault that we were in this situation and I didn’t know how to fix it.

 

“You don’t know.” she stated.  “That’s all you have? I don’t know?”

 

“I’m sorry K.”

 

“You’re always fucking sorry.  I’m FUCKING sick of FUCKING sorry!” 

 

I didn’t respond.  She was right.  I was always saying it – all the damn time. I guess sorry loses its novelty after hearing it time and time again.

 

“I tried Justin. Like…for real.” She said as she fought tears back.  She never cried for anyone or anything.  I felt even worse for making her cry.  “I fought to make this shit work but…”

 

“But what?”  I knew what was coming.  I didn’t want to hear it.  She had been my everything for the past two years.  She kept me grounded. She was my breath of fresh air in this crazy ass world.  She always said she was my “ride or die chick.” And I fucked it all up. I’m an idiot…an asshole even.

 

“I can’t fight anymore.  I’m too tired.  I’m not gonna try anymore.” Her words resonated through my body and hit me at the core.  She never gave up on anything.  I fucked up so many times and yet she still took my sorry ass back.  She was throwing in the towel.

 

“I love you K.” I don’t even know why I said that.  It just felt right. Maybe deep down I hoped that would make her change her mind.

 

“I love you too.” She said. 

 

I knew this was it.  We held each other for a while.  I heard her sniffle and felt my heart break.  I wanted to fight for her to stay.  We pulled away and looked at each other.  I wiped the lone tear on her cheek away. 

 

“Bye.”  And with that she was gone.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story