I know what you’re thinking.

 

It didn’t happen though.  As much as I wanted it to, it didn’t.  I actually left after the movie because she was knocked out.

 

The next couple months were great.  We went on dates, did couple type shit. I started staying with her whenever I was in New York.  Everything was cool.

 

Until that one day. Before I tell you the story, I’ll admit now that I was kind of dumb.

 

Okay.

 

I was hanging out at her place all day like I usually do while she was at work because I had nothing to do.  Her phone rang and I answered it.

 “Hello?” 

“Hello???” The confused voice on the other end replied.  It was a guy.   

“Yeah. Hello?”  

“Who the fuck is this?” 

“You called here so you need to calm down with that.” 

“This is James.” James was her ex-boyfriend. Her fuckin ex-boyfriend.  I was pretty heated that he was calling.

 

“Uh huh.” 

“Yeah so who the fuck are you answering my girl’s phone?” 

“Don’t worry about that.  And last I checked she wasn’t your girl.” 

Well check again motherfucker.” 

“Yeah okay.” 

He laughed. “Yeah whatever motherfucker.  Tell MY girl I said to call me back. She knows the number.” and he hung up.

 

I was pissed the fuck off.

 

Alright.  The scenario is set up.  Now try and imagine what my stupid ass did.

 

Yup. I waited for her to come home to take it out on her.

 

“I’m home!” she said as she opened the door.  I was laying down in the living room watching TV.  

 

“James called.” She stopped, looked at me, and then started to take off her shoes.

“James? The fuck did he want?” 

“I don’t know.  You tell me.” 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She said walking toward the kitchen.  I got up to follow her. 

“Are you still talking to him?”

 

“No.” she said as she took a bottle of water out of the fridge. 

“Well he doesn’t think so.” 

“Justin. What are you trying to say?” 

“I’m not saying anything. I just wanna know if you and him are still messing around.” 

“If I told you no, I meant no. Why the hell are you questioning me?” 

Right here is where I fucked up.  I knew I shouldn’t have said it but it just came out. 

“Well you ain’t giving me any so maybe you’re getting it somewhere else.” Strike one. I think I heard a record scratch as soon as I said that. I may have forgot to mention that we had been dating for three months and haven’t had sex. 

“So let me get this straight.  You think I’m fucking James because I’m not fucking you??” She was PISSED.

 

“Maybe.” 

“Well I could say the same thing for you since you brought it up.” 

“I’m not messing with anyone else.” 

“And I believe you. Why is it so hard for you to believe me?” 

I didn’t answer.  I had nothing to say.

 

“I’ve been at work all day and I just wanted to come home and chill with you and you’re coming at me with this bullshit? You better thank God I haven’t slapped you yet.”

”Well why was he calling here then?”
 

“How the fuck am I supposed to know! And besides, it’s not like me and you boyfriend and girlfriend or anything.  We never made any of this shit official so you can’t even get mad at me if I was fucking around with his sorry ass.” She was right.  We didn’t really put a label on what we were doing.  We did everything couples do…except for the sex part.

“Fuck that shit.” I said walking away from her. Strike two.  Don’t ever walk away from a girl in the middle of an argument. 

“Yeah fuck that shit because you know I’m right.” 

“Whatever.”

“Whatever nothing. You’re acting like a little bitch over something that you have no reason to be mad at anyway.” 

Get the fuck out of my face Khalila.” Strike three. I’m out. 

“Get the fuck out of my house Justin.” 

“I was already on my way out.” 

“Well keep it moving then. Don’t let me slow you down. Take your shit and get the hell out.” She said as she flopped onto the couch.   

I called my bodyguard Mike to come and get me so I could check in a hotel.  I got my stuff and waited in the hallway until he came.  I should’ve apologized then but I was being stubborn.  Mike got to her building in like 15 minutes.

 

“She kicked you out huh?” Mike asked.

 

“I don’t wanna talk about it.” I said sinking down into the passenger’s seat. 

“What did you do?” 

“Nothing.” 

“Hmmm…” He said snickering.

“What’s so funny?”  

“She kicked you out.” 

“She didn’t kick me out. I left.” 

“So why did you leave then?” 

“Because I asked her if she was still fucking with her ex and then she brought up some shit about how we’re not even boyfriend and girlfriend so I couldn’t get mad.” I said shifting in my seat.

 

“Well she’s right.” I was really sick of everyone pointing that out to me. 

“I guess…” 

“And you know she wouldn’t be with another dude even though you guys aren’t officially a couple.”

“Yeah.” 

“You still wanna go to a hotel or do you want me to turn around?” 

“The hotel. If I go back now, she’d probably stab me or something.” I said. 

“This is true.” He said.

 

I checked into a hotel that night. I actually tried to call her to apologize but she wasn’t answering my calls.  I didn’t expect her to.  I ended staying at the hotel for four days.  Four long days of hearing her damn voicemail over and over again.  I had to talk to her.  I knew if I went to her apartment, she wouldn’t open the door and clearly calling her doesn’t work and I don’t know any of her friends well enough. So I showed up at her job.

 

Genius right?

 

She wouldn’t slap me in a professional environment.

 

I was so nervous in that elevator.  When it stopped on her floor, I was tempted to stay in and go back downstairs.  I got out the elevator and walked to her office with flowers in my hand.  I knocked on her door and heard her say

“Come in.” 

I opened the door and saw her typing something on her computer. 

”Hey.” I said softly.

 

She looked up from her computer, rolled her eyes at me and continued typing.

“What do you want?” 

“To say sorry.” I said handing her the flowers like they were some sort of piece offering.

 

She didn’t take them. I placed them on her desk.

 

“I don’t want your stupid flowers.” Damn.

“Well can you stop typing to listen to me? 

“Nope.” She said as she continued typing…harder than before.

 

“Alright I’ll just say what I have to say then.” She just shrugged. “I’m really sorry for saying what I said and I really like you and I do want you to be my girlfriend but only if you want to but…yeah.” I said scratching the back of my head. I turned to start walking out of her office.

“Wait.” I turned back around. “You want me to be your girlfriend?” 

“Yeah.” 

She got up from around her chair and sat on her with her arms crossed. “Why now? Because I said something to you about it?  I don’t want you to ask me that just because you think it’ll make me stop being mad at you. I want you to ask me because it’s what you want.” 

“No.  Honestly, what you said did make me think about it.  And the fact that it pissed me off that another guy called you.” 

“Why do you want me to be your girlfriend?” I sighed.  She was really killing me with all these damn questions.

“Because…” 

“Because what?” 

“You’re not like anyone I’ve ever met.  I’m used to getting my way with everything and you never let me get my way.” I said smiling. “And, after being alone for four days I realized that I hate not being around you all the time.” 

She smirked trying to hide her emerging smile. “Before I answer you, did you really think I was messing with that idiot?” 

“No.  I was just being jealous.” 

“Then yes.” 

“Yes?” 

“Uh huh.” I smiled so hard my cheeks hurt. “Isn’t this the part where you kiss me all hard and stuff?”

I laughed and did exactly that.  

You wanna do something tonight boyfriend?” 

“Sure girlfriend.” 

“Come to my house around 8.  And you can bring your stuff back.” 

“I’ll be there with bells on.” 

She shook her head and laughed. “Okay.  Now get out because I have to finish working and you’re gonna throw off my concentration.” She said as she began pushing me out of her office.

 

“I’m just that sexy huh?” 

“Get out.”


Incomplete
PrettyNPink is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Far Away also liked 228 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story