The Big 4-0

JC looked at his calender for what it felt like it was the hundredth time, “Forty years old, are you serious, wasn't I like thirty years old days ago?” JC frowned, well he wasn't going to be a sourball for his birthday, he just couldn't believe that he was actually forty, the number seemed so big to him, “Oh well, I'm gonna have to embrace this age.”

He walked slowly down the stairs of his home in Winter Park Fla, he was visiting friends and relatives for his birthday party, of course Chris, had it all planned out, he hasn't seen anyone else besides Chris, just then the phone rang indicating that he received a text message, he picked up the phone and read it, it was from Chris wishing him Happy Birthday, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU OLD FART! Welcome to the 40s club, see you later!”

Chuckling to himself, he replied back saying thank you, he then checked his tweet notifications, the morning had just started and he had already received countless tweets from fans and friends left and right, the amount of love they expressed to him was just surreal, it's not everyday he logs in to check on his Twitter, and when he does, he always receives more messages than usual.

Just then, the doorbell rang, wondering who he was, he peeped through the window and saw that it was Melinda, he opened the door and said: “Happy birthday JC! Your brother told me to pick you up, he has a big breakfast thing to bring you, so I'm gonna take you there now.”

“Really?” JC told her quietly.

“What's wrong JC? You look so sad.”

“Nothing.”

“Don't be so bummed because you're forty, it's only a number, you look GREAT for forty!”

“Thank you, it's cause I feel like there's something missing in my life, I mean, I think I accomplished some things, but other times I feel like I didn't you know?”

“I understand, but you can't be thinking that, it's your birthday for crying out loud.”

JC nodded his head in agreement and decided to push back the negative thoughts that he was feeling.


Meanwhile at Chris's house

“Ok, here's what we're gonna do, we are gonna meet up at the place Justin said after JC hangs out with Melinda and Tyler all day, apparently he doesn't know that Joey and Lance are also gonna be here, along with Ellen Degeneres, apparently both her and Justin have something big planned out, so I may have a feeling of what Justin is gonna do.”

Chris was explaining all this to his wife Karly, as she was jotting down the notes, “Ok then, we're set.”

“Great! Now all I gotta do is confirm everything and give it a go.”

After Tyler, Melinda and JC had the big birthday breakfast, the three of them were out all day, music store, clothes shopping, etc.

It was now late afternoon, and JC's day has been booked, he was already tired by that time, “it must be the age.” he said to himself.

“Where we going now?” JC asked Melinda

They both pulled to a giant stadium and there were two security guards at the front, both Tyler and Melinda and got out of the car and both security guards let them in, inside the stadium, it was filled with balloons and people cheering.

Friends he knew said “SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

Melinda led JC up to the state, where he was greeted by four other guys.

“Hey man!” Justin slapped him on his back.

“Justin? What are you doing here?

“It's your birthday you think I was gonna miss it? All this is for you by the way and for the fans who waited so long to see all five members of *NSYNC on stage performing together.”

“We aren't dancing by the way” Chris told him.

“We are singing as group.”

JC smiled, a warm smile, maybe that is what JC has been missing all along, after all, music and singing is what made him who he is, when he wasn't singing, he always felt a sense of emptiness.

“Thanks guys.” He hugged them all.

The crowd went wild.

“You ready guys, this is a private show by invite only, so this is already trending on Twitter, nothing is really private when I'm around.” Ellen laughed.

And with that, everyone in the room sang “Happy Birthday” to JC, and they brought him a cake, he didn't really believe in wishes, but this was a wish that he started to believe in, and it came true, shortly after, they then performed “This I Promise You.” it was just a beautiful and happy moment for JC, something that he had been missing for a very long time...
Chapter End Notes:

I had inspiration when I started it out first, but I lost it at the end...LOL But I think its okay, HAPPY BDAY JC! I know I'm two days late, but its fine! HA!

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

 


Completed
theusagirl is the author of 26 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story