Story Notes:
i know i know i havent even finished the other one but i got inspired so heres another haha please review!!

Jennifer Bradford tugged a strand of her whispy blonde hair, biting her lip as she tried to concenrate on the task at hand. It had been a long day and she just wanted to go home to her daughter. She looked at the clock. Another hour.

"Great." she mummbled. Jennifer was a secretary at the local doctors office, she loved her job but sometimes it took its toll.

"Hey Jen?" someone called to her. Lifting up her head she saw the doctor. She plastered a smile on her face. "Do you need anything Dr. Kaine?"

"Can you type up these files for me?" he asked her handing her the folder.

"Sure." she said giving him a small smile. After she finished her work she looked up at the clock once more. 5 pm.

After saying goodbye to her coworkers Jennifer went to pick up her 3 year old daughter from day care. As she entered the building she was greeted by the familar colorful walls with paintings covering them from every corner.

"MOMMY!" she heard her daughter cry out. She spun around, seeing her daughters blonde curls bounce as she ran into her mothers arms.

"Hey babygirl." she said giving her daughter a gentle kiss on the forehead. "How was daycare?"

"It was fun mommy! I pwayed wif dollies!"

"You did?" Jennifer responded with the same excitement as her little girl. The two girls made their way into the car. As she strapped Madison into her car seat and began to head home the little girl chatted the entire way about her day.

"Well you just had a full day huh sweetie?" she asked carrying the little girl into the house.

Opening the door, the little girl ran infront of her mother in the direction of her room. Jennifer let out an exastberated sigh.

"Madison Grace! What did mommy tell you about running in the house?" she said placing her hands on her hips looking down at the young girl.

"ummm.. i not aposed to run the house. wight?" her shimmering blue eyes meeting her mothers own.

"Thats right. Now you can go play in your room, but be careful ok?" Jennifer asked getting down on her daughters level.

"Otay!" she said planting a wet kiss on her mothers cheek before making her way into her room.

A few hours later Jennifer sat with her daughter curled in her arms as she read her a goodnight story.

"...and they lived happily ever after, the end." she finished with a whisper. She looked down seeing her daughter was fast asleep. Quietly she set the book on the nightstand and as gently as possibly without waking Madison, removed her arm from behind the little girls head and tucking her in.

"Good night my angel." she whispered giving her daughter a kiss before closing the door behind her. She crrawled into her own bed staring at the ceiling.

This is not what she had planned for her life. She wanted to be a fashion designer in New York City. But that all changed when she met Andrew, she fell in love with him immediately. They spent all their time together. Life has a way of changing on you when you least expect it and that change came the day that Jennifer found out that she was pregnant. She was only 20 at the time and terrified, and Jeff, who was 21 did not want to be a father so he left town, never to be seen again and Jennifer was left to raise Madison on her own. She loved her daughter more than life itself and wanted nothing more to give her a good life, but still deep down she wondered how things would have been different.

"Well too late now." she said to an empty room. Life had thrown a curve ball at her last time. What Jennifer didn't know is that, it was just the beginning of something very special to come her way.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story