Author's Chapter Notes:

alright, heres the new update!

The next day, Jennifer sat at her desk, a big smile on her face. As her coworkers passed by, they noticed this and wondered why she was so happy.

"Hey Jen, can you file these for me?" Nancy asked handing Jennifer a stack of papers.

"Sure." she said with a smile as she set them on her desk.

"You seem pretty happy today, someone special?" Nancy asked with a wink.

"Well.." she started but her grin was too apparent. "Yeah. Oh Nance. Hes so great. Hes cute, and charming and funny and hes good with my daughter." she said with a blissful sigh.

"Sounds like a keeper. Hold on to this one girl."

"I plan on it." she answered back. "I'm not letting him go."

Meanwhile Justin sat in his big home all alone. He wanted to be with Jen but she was still at work. Hearing his phone ring he jumped up hoping it was her, when he saw it wasn't her he sighed, but answered anyway.

"Hey C." he said as he fell back onto his bed.

"Well don't sound so excited to talk to me" JC said with a chuckle.

"Sorry man. I was just hoping it was Jennifer."

"Your really in love with this girl aren't you?" JC asked the younger man.

"Head over heels. But I don't want to freak her out, sicne we just got together so I'm taking it slow."

"Well you know I still need to meet this girl. But from what you tell me she seems pretty cool"

"Shes the best. I  never thought I'd fall for someone like this but shes--" Justin stopped when he heard a beep. "Hang on man, I think that might be her on the other line."

"Its ok curly. Just call me later. Go talk to your girl."

Justin laughed. "Thanks. Later man." he said before switching over. "Hello?"

"Well hello there stud." he heard Jennifer's voice.

"Hey you. I miss you." he sighed.

"Justin, I saw you yesterday." she giggled.

"Yeah, I know. You almost done with work?" he asked her as he looked over at the clock.

"Yeah, actually I'm heading out now. I'll stop by your house and we'll go get Madison."

"Alright, I was thinking we could go to the park or something, Madison would like that wouldn't she?" he asked.

"Yeah, she would. So I'll see you in about 15 minutes?"

"Yeah., I'll let the guard know your coming." he said.

"Alright, see you in a bit." she answered back

"Bye babe." he said shutting his phone.

Almost on the dot, he heard a faint knock on the door. Opening it, he saw Jennifer standing there in a simple blue jean and sweatshirt.

"Heyy." he said leaning forward to peck her lips before pulling her inside to deepen the kiss.

"Mmm Hello to you too" she smiled against his lips.

"Come sit with me for a minute" he said pulling her to the couch.

Jennifer checked her watch. "Well, alright. We have about 20 minutes before we have to pick up Maddie" she said sitting next to Justin as he wrapped his arms around her affectionately.

"You didn't get bugged today at all did you?" he asked her as he stroaked her hair gently.

"Nope. They don't know where I work, or where Madison goes to school. That and where we live is my biggest concern." she said looking up into his eyes.

"I know, and I hope it doesn't happen." he said kissing her head gently.

Jennifer sat up and turned to him.

"Why are you so wonderful?" she asked seriously.

Taken aback by her question Justin searched her eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Your so..wonderful. I feel like I don't deserve you." she said looking at him with sad eyes.

"You absolutely deserve me Jen. It's me who doesn't deserve you. You are the most incredible woman I've met. You've made a life for you and Madison, you're far more mature than most woman your age."

Jennifer tried to hide a smile as Justin's words sunk in. Justin saw this and lifted her chin with a smile.

"Are you smiling Jen?" he said with a chuckle.

"No." she said biting her lip. She wasn't gonna break.

"I think you are." he said his smile growing.

Justin poked in her side she let out a squeal and jumped back. She looked up to see an evil spark in Justin's eyes.

"Don't even think about it." she said scooting away from him on the couch still fighiting to hide her amusment.

"Think about what?" he asked before tackling her to the couch and tickling her sides.

"Justin!" she giggled as his fingers ran up and down her sides and neck. "Stopppittt!" she shouted through her laughter.

"A little ticklish are we, Miss Bradford?" Justin laughed as he continued his torture. He grinned down at her as he watched her squirm underneath him.

"Ok ok! I give! You win!" she giggled as he stopped tickling her and looked into her eyes. Leaning down his lips crashed ontop of hers.

"You are so beautiful." he whispered as he began kissing her neck.

"Justin, we can't do this."she said gently pushing him off her.

"Why not?" he asked with confusion.

"Because it may lead to other things, and I'm just not ready right now, this new in the relationship."

Justin sighed but nodded. "It's ok. I understand." he looked at the clock. "We should probably go pick up Maddie now." he said standing up and reaching down to help Jennifer off the couch.

As the stepped out the door they saw many camera men standing at the gate. Feeling Jennifer stiffen up a little bit he leaned in close.

"It's ok." he whispered in her ear.

After they both got into the car and made their way to the gate Justin beeped his horn, makng the camera men move out of the way, but they continued snapping pictures.

Jennifer looked back to see they weren't being followed and let out a sigh of relief.

"See baby, I told you it would be ok." he said reaching over and intertwining their fingers.

"Thank you." she said with a sincere smile.

Looking out the window, Jennifer hoped this could last. She didn't need another heartbreak.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story