Author's Chapter Notes:

im feeling nice today so heres some more!

 

& i changed the ex bfs name because it was too many j's. jen, justin, jeff? nah hahah needed to mix it up a bit

Walking into the daycare Justin looked around, seeing the walls adorned with pictures the kids had drawn. It was weird though, he felt a sense of calm there. It was a safe place.

 "Jusssssssiiiin!" he heard Madison screech as she ran full speed at him.

"Theres my girl!" he grinned as he bent down as Madison flew into his arms.

Justin kissed her forehead tenderly. "Did you have fun today?" he asked her moving the hair from her eyes.

"a huh! we pwayed wif blocks and ran outside!"

"Oh wow. What a day!" he chuckled. "Look who else is here." he said turning her so she could see her mother.

"Hi mommy!" she said with a smile as Justin leaned her over to give her mom a kiss.

"Hey Maddie, do you wanna go to the park?" Justin asked.

"YEAH!" she yelled jumping up and down, nearly making Justin drop her.

He laughed. "Maddie, you almost knocked me over!" he smiled tapping her on the nose. "Come on, lets get out of here!" he said tossing her over his shoulder as she giggled.

While at the park, Justin and Jennifer sat as they watched Madison play on the swings.

Jennifer sighed as she watched her daughter play. "Thanks for this." she smiled looking up at Justin.

"No problem." he answered back as he kissed her temple.

The couple sat in each others arms, in complete bliss. They loved each others company and didn't want this to end. Jennifer had, had too many heartbreaks and was so happy she had finally found someone who cared for both her, and her baby girl. How did she get so lucky? She looked up at Justin who was smiling as he watched Madison play. Justin felt the same way, he had never been this happy with someone before. Not only was Jennifer incredibly beautiful on the outside, but she had a beautiful soul. She was caring and compasionate, putting other peoples needs before her own and thats what he loved about her. He looked down to see her slowly drifting off to sleep in his arms. A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he watched her.

Suddenly he heard Madison scream, both he and Jennifer shot up. Seeing Madison on the ground holding her leg Justin tore across the park to her side.

"What happened baby?" he asked leaning down to her level.

"I-I- fall and hurted my knee!" she sobbed in his arms.

Justin looked down to see she did in fact, scrape her knee. It didn't look life threatening but definately needed attention.

"Oh baby. Are you ok?" Jennifer said examining her daughters injury.

"It hurts mommy!" she cried in Justin's arms as he rocked her back and forth.

"Shh. It's ok sweetie. Lets go get it cleaned up ok?" he told her picking her up in his arms gently and carrying her to the first aid station, they cleaned up the cut.

"Do you want a little mermaid bandaid, or lion king?" Justin asked her with a smile.

"Wittle Mermaid!" Madison answered back.

Jennifer watched as Justin took care of her. She was so glad she and Madison had him in their lives. So lucky. She looked up and the blood drained from her face and her heart started pounding.

"Justin. We have to leave now." she said in a stern but quiet voice as not to startle Madison.

"Why? What's wrong?" he asked with concern as he finished putting the bandaid on Madison's knee.

"Andrew." she whispered harshly.

Justin looked up to see a bulky man coming towards them. Instinctivly he grabbed Madison and held her tightly in his arms.

"Hello Jennifer." Andrew said with a snarl. "What brings you here?"

"Andrew. Leave me alone. Your not welcome." Jennifer growled back.

Justin watched the two glaring at each other, and prayed to god it didn't get violent.

"This is a public area Jenny, I can come here if I want." he answered then turned to the little girl in Justin's arms.

"Who are you? Why are you holding my daughter?" he said turning to stare at Justin with his cold blue eyes.

"Who I am is none of your business. And Madison is none of your concern." Justin replied just as coldly.

"Shes my daughter asshole!" he said stepping forward. He glared at the other man then turned to his daughter and his face lightened. "Hi Honey. It's daddy." he said reaching out to her but Justin turned his body, preventing that.

"She is not your daughter." Jennifer said stepping between Justin and Andrew. "You left me when I was pregnant with her, you've had no part in raising her, therefore she is not your daughter." she said getting right in his face. She wasn't going to let anyone harm her baby.

"And you think this loser is?" he said pointing to Justin who in turn, was ready to pounce on him, but instead held Madison tighter in his arms.

"Hes been more of a father figure to Madison in the short months I've known him then you ever were."  she answered back. "So don't even think about trying to see her again, because I won't allow it."

"We'll see about that Jenny. This isn't over. I will see her." Andrew said back before turning to Madison. His features softened when he saw the little girl looking at him with curious eyes.

"Bye sweetie. I'll see you later." he said, again trying to reach for her but Jennifer quickly stepped in.

"Go." she said with a firm voice. With an sadistic smile he turned and walked away.

When he was out of range, Jennifer slowly lowered herself to the ground in tears. Justin, with Madison still in his arms lowered himself down to sit beside her, setting the little girl in his lap. He looked down at her, and stroked her cheek.

"You stay in my lap ok?" he told her. When she nodded before taking Jennifer in his arms and wrapping his arms tightly around her.

"It's ok baby. He's gone." he said rocking her gently.

"I-I- just hoped I'd never have to see him again." she said sobbing, her whole body shaking.

"I promise you, I won't let him hurt you or Madison. Your safe. I promise." he said wiping the tears from her eyes with his thumb before leaning down and placing a loving kiss on her lips.

Madison saw her mother crying, lifting herself from Justin's lap and crawled into her mothers.

"It's ok mommy. Dont cry." she said hugging her mothers waist. She didn't know why her mother was so upset but she wanted to make her feel better.

Jennifer couldn't help but smile at her little girls compassion. "Thank you baby. I feel better now. Thanks to you two." she said puckering her lips for a kiss which Madison happily obliged.

"You ready to go home?" Justin asked looking at her.

Jennifer turned to look him in the eyes. Unlike Andrew, whos eyes were cold as ice, Justin's were the complete opposite, filled with love and concern and warmth. It gave Jennifer a sense of comfort. She nodded and with that, picking up Madison in her arms they headed home.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story