Jennifer's POV.

My heart raced as I waited in the lobby to see Madison. They were doing tests on her. This can't be happening. Not to my little girl. She doesn't deserve it. Madison was my pride and joy, the light in my eyes. The thought of her lying helpless in the hospital bed broke my heart into a million pieces. I wanted to be in there with her so bad but I wasn't allowed, because they were doing tests on her to figure out what was wrong. God, please let her be okay.

Things had been going so well too. Justin had become such an important part in our lives and I needed him right now. In a nervous panic, I had called him and he was on his way. He sounded worried too. He loved Madison and I could tell without a doubt. He was such an amazing guy I don't know I got him. Why did something like this have to happen right in the beginning of our relationship though?

We were finally getting to know each other better and things were going smoothly then this has to happen. Why god why? Why can't anything go right in my life for just once.

I paced back and forth in the lobby, unable to sit down. I was too nervous.

"Ms. Bradford?" I heard a husky voice behind me. Spinning around, I saw Dr. Marvin, the doctor who had been examining Madison. "Would you like to see your daughter?" he asked with a poliet smile.

"Oh my god yes!" I said tearing into the back, where my daughters room was. I ran to her bed side, where she laid in a peaceful sleep.

"What happened doctor?" I asked.

Before he could answer, we hear comotion outside the room.

"Sir, we can't let you in. It's family only. You can wait out in the lobby." I heard the nurse say.

"Please M'am I know the little girl in there. I have to see her!" he said tears brimming his eyes.

I stepped out into the hallway and saw a relief on Justin's face when he saw me. "It's ok, hes with me."

The nurse nodded, stepping aside and Justin came flying into my arms. Once in the comfort of his arms I began to sob, my whole body shaking as I felt Justin hold tighter to me as he comforted me. The scent of his cologne filled my nose and brought me a sense of comfort.

"Oh Justin. I'm so scared." I cried, my eyes all puffy.

"Shh. It's going to be okay." he whispered back wiping my tears away.

I could tell he was trying his best to be strong for me. He doesn't even know how much that means. I turned back to the doctor who was waiting patiently for us to finish our private moment.

"I'm sorry doctor. This is my boyfriend Justin." I said turning to Justin with small smile.

"Very pleased to meet you young man." He said pleasantly to Justin then turned back to me. "Would you two like to sit down? We'll talk while Madison sleeps." he said quietly gesturing us over to the table.

I watched as Justin looked over at Madison's sleeping form with sadness in his eyes. He looked down at me as I turned back to my baby. He put his arm around me, holding me close as I tried not to cry.

"So," he said exaiming his papers. "You brought her in because your mother, her grandmother said she fainted and was extrememly pale and she noticed bruises all over her?"

"Yes. I hadn't noticed the bruises, I wish I had though." I said lowering my head as a tear slipped down my cheek. I felt Justin's warm hand rubbing my back and lifted my head back up.

"From what I'm told is, that she barely bumped herself and got a bruise?"

"Yes, that's what my mother told me." I sighed. "Is she going to be okay?"

The doctor sighed. That wasn't good. "Doctor Marvin, is my baby going to be ok?" I ask more firmly feeling Justin tighten his grip on my hand.

"I'm so sorry," he started, "Madison has lukemia."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story