Jennifer's heart sank, her face going pale white. Immediately starting to sob, Justin quickly grabbed her in his arms, tears falling out his own eyes.

"Now, there is a chance Madison might not have it. We want to run more tests to make sure, the test we took shows it could be luekmia, but there is always a chance for a mistake, so you do have hope she doesn't have it." Dr. Marvin told her.

Even with that little good news, Jennifer was still broken hearted. She looked over at her little girl lying on the bed, sleeping peacefully. She was Jennifer world, she couldn't lose her. She just couldn't.

"I'll let you have a moment with her. We would like to keep her overnight to do some tests, just to make a final comfirmation, and we should know by morning." he said with a sad smile. "She's a sweet girl, We're praying for the best."

"Thank you." Justin answered for Jennifer as she was too distraught to answer.

Standing up Jennifer walked over to the bed laying her head on her daughters chest and crying. Dr. Marvin exited the room, letting the couple have some alone time with Madison.

"She's going to be fine Jennifer. She's a fighter." he whispered soothingly, pulling her into his arms for a hug. He fought back tears as they threatened to fall from his cheek. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, making them both jump a little at the sudden movement.

"Are you going to answer?" she asked him.

"No. Whoever it is, they can wait. This is more important." he said stroking her cheek.

Hearing movement behind them, the couple turned around to see Madison slowly waking up.

"Hi baby. How do you feel?" Jennifer asked kneeling by her daughters bed side.

"I sweepy." she said letting out a yawn. "dis not my room!" she said in a panicked tone.

"Your at a hospital sweetie," Justin said leaning on the other side of the bed. He saw her panick-stricken face and a gentle smile graced his feautres. "You're going to be just fine Maddie, they just want to do some stuff to make sure you are okay."

Knowing the little girl wasn't understanding very well, Jennifer stroked her cheek. "The main concern baby is, your going to be just fine okay? You get to go home tomorrow but in the meantime you get to have nice people get stuff for you and bring you food." she said trying to lighten the mood.

Justin smiled, knowng Jennifer's intentions. "That's right. It's like you'll have your own people working for you."

Madison let out a giggle, showing she liked that idea. "You leaving momma?" she asked turning to her mother.

"Not at all baby. I'm staying with you all night. I won't leave you." she said leaning over and placing a loving kiss on her daughters forehead, Justin quickly to follow her lead.

"As am I. I won't leave either of you." he said matter-of-fact.

"Are you sure?" Jennifer asked looking away from her daughter for a brief moment.

"Absolutely. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." he said leaning over, letting his lips grace Jennifer's.

When they heard a quiet giggle, the couple parted seeing Madison smirking at them.

"And what is so funny young lady?" Justin asked crossing his arms making both Jennifer and Madison laugh.

"You kissy! ewwww."  she said making a face.

Justin dropped his mouth, acting as if he were insulted. "Madison Grace! That hurts my feelings." he said letting his lip quiver.

Jennifer couldn't help but smile at the two. She was scared for her daughter, but at the moment she was glad Justin was there to make everything better and to cheer Madison up.

Madison grinned up at Justin. "Is icky!" she said sticking out her tongue.

"Is nooooot!" he said in a sing songy voice.

"Is toooooooo!" Madison retorted back.

"Children please!" Jennifer scoulded with a chuckle. Justin was acting like such a child, but for some reason she loved that about him.

"I am no child." Justin said narrowing his eyes playfully at Jennifer across the bed.

"Could have fooled me." she said grinning at him.

"Hardy har har." he responded back, then noticing Madison was beginning to yawn again.

"Looks like someones tired." he said gesturing to Madison.

"I sweepy." she said huskily trying to hold back another yawn.

Jennifer gave her a sad smile. "You sleep baby. I'll see you in the morning okay?" she said kissing her cheek.

"Otay. Nigh mommy Nigh Jussin."

"Goodnight." the couple said in unison, once more leaning down to kiss each cheek as she drifted off into a sleep.

"Everything's going to be just fine." Jennifer said quietly in her daughter's ear. "I promise."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story